✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Today Show, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, USA

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

video[/url], I'm wearing a pink glove and have a black jacket on, approximate is in the glasses, and ebs is behind the guy in the hat. I can't figure out that clip and share thing.

Awesome! I did see you guys when I was watching it on tv this morning :)

Lol you can see me all over in the whole concert its hilarious

Which one are you? Are you the young guy in a brown or green hoodie?

The hungover lady in front of me's body parts kept blocking a lot of my photos. And the bridge and tunnel women behind me had her arm very close to me when taking pics/vids with her phone.

erica i tagged you in one my pics on fb!!

I see the photo. I watched some of the videos, I can definitely see Angie in her bright neon yellow t-shirt. You are behind her right? The video quality is too low on the nbc ones to see clearly. I'm hoping someone made HD copies from their dvr.

Which one are you? Are you the young guy in a brown or green hoodie?

The hungover lady in front of me's body parts kept blocking a lot of my photos. And the bridge and tunnel women behind me had her arm very close to me when taking pics/vids with her phone.

I am on the far right side next to the gate in front of stage wearing a green hat and bookbag

Are you serious? Statement about what? I thought he spoke about Khadafi yesterday???

He made the official statement that we are withdrawing ALL troops out of Iraq (so that the troops will be home in time for the holidays). When it was over (after political analysts and journalists had their input), it was already the 10AM hour with Kathy Lee-Gifford and Hota Kotb. :( (Which marks the first time I was sad to see their show... usually I just watch the TODAY show for them... but today was reserved for Coldplay... *cries).

Oh wells, at least the videos posted make up for it. :D

EDIT:

Were my ears being dysfunctional or did I hear some squeeling fangirls say: "I love you, Guy!" while Matt Lauer was talking to the band after performing "Paradise"? I couldn't help but laugh because I think the entire band was beaming at that point. It's so nice to see them all toothy. :D

I've gotta watch the videos once I get home. I am in So Cal as well but had to leave for work right --I mean RIGHT--as they were coming on. So frustrating. I would have been furious if I'd stayed home or gone in late and they interrupted the show (although for good news).

video[/url], I'm wearing a pink glove and have a black jacket on, approximate is in the glasses, and ebs is behind the guy in the hat. I can't figure out that clip and share thing.

Awww! You guys look awesome. What an experience! You were behind the lady whose hand Chris shook during Fix You! It could have been you! LOL

HEY EVERYONE!!!!

I'm typing this review on my iPhone because my Internet won't work, so excuse any typos.

So the past 24 hours have been INCREDIBLE!!! Marisa and Amy and I arrived in New York and they went straight to queue. I met them at about 11 and we all settled into line. Sleeping out on the street was so much fun- a huge hello to everyone I met in line, you guys were all amazing. We were about 15th in line, so we were close enough that we hung around the Plaza a lot to watch them setting up. Awesomely, we snuck around back at about 3AM and got to see all of the boys' equipment being unloaded by the roadies, and saw some of Chris' notes and the lyrics to War Is Over taped to the lid of one trunk :P so that was really cool.

We met Chelsea at 4:30, which was SO EXCITING!!!! And she made us spraypaint MX shirts because she's the best :heart: and we met Christa and Steph too. Things finally started to get going at about 6AM (I think, it's all a bit fuzzy!), and they started letting VIP/Fan Pass people in. Even though we knew it would happen, it was pretty disheartening to see people who'd arrived at 6 get to walk straight to the front row, while those of us who had camped out all night were forced to watch and get less desirable spots. But that's how the world works, unfortunately. At least we knew a couple deserving Coldplayers were in front! Oh, and they gave us all really awesome (nice quality!) posters of the album cover!

So, they started letting a few of us at a time in with the Fan Pass people, so we ended up behind where the control panels were all the way to the right. We could see the boys when we stood on our toes, but the controls blocked our view of Chris' piano. But who cares, it was Coldplay time!!!! :D

We waited around for a bit, and then suddenly Will, Jonny and Guy just walked onstage. I was FREAKING OUT, as it was my first time seeing them since 09!!!! There's nothing like seeing them in person. However, Chris was missing, so we got a KARAOKE COLDPLAY CONCERT WOOO :P that was incrediblly surreal and weird- we just listened to the three of them play Viva la Vida, Charlie Brown, and ETIAW without Chris... Marisa and I filled in all the lyrics at the top of our lungs, which was so fun. Coolest karaoke ever :P

So then they left, and then the worst part, waiting for the actual concert. However I managed to get to the front of the barrier and talk to the roadie there, who was SUPER NICE, promised me his set list, and told me all about all the shows last week, and the plans for a stadium tour! So thanks Steve, you're awesome.

Then IT WAS TIME!!!! Suddenly they all walked out, and it was so incredible and I completely lost it. There they were. And then Chris said hello and they started Yellow!!!! I couldn't believe they were back and I was hearing Yellow for the 6th time, and the first time in 2 1/2 years. They sounded incredible and completely on form. Then there was a couple minute break between songs and Chris was like "we want to keep you entertained during the commercial break- which he did by starting to play The Scientist!!!! But after the first verse they were back on air so he ended up going "ohtakemebacktothestartohSHIT" :P :lol: then they played the song I was desperate to hear- CHARLIE BROWN!!!! Oh my god is it amazing live. I was jumping like mad and screaming, I can't believe how great it is live. Then they played Viva, and Paradise, which sounded SO much. Errrr in person than I could have imagined. ETIAW was such a thrill live, it's amazing to scream out those lyrics with Chris, and Will hammers on the drums. There was an interview in there somewhere but I don't remember where, and then they finished with Fix You which made me cry as usual :P

Then it was over :( but we got to meet up with and hang out with some awesome Coldplayers for a little while!!!! And we ate at a horrible diner together :P

All in all, well worth the camping out and it still feels like it didn't even happen. You forget just how incredible they sound in person. Chris' voice was spot-on, they played everything perfectly, and it's just such an overwhelming experience. Amazing :heart:

Will post my pictures later when I have Internet- I can't wait to watch the today show videos, I've been told that I can be seen in them :uhoh:

Edit: oh god, watched Fix You, Charlie Brown, and Paradise, and you can see me it's so embarrassing!! *hides*

Looks like it was a great show, lots of energy.

Anyone notice Chris singing the lyrics wrong in ETIAW? I kinda laughed cause I think he knew he didn't really cover it up very well. :)

Its those little mistakes that make me love them even more!

Looks like it was a great show, lots of energy.

Anyone notice Chris singing the lyrics wrong in ETIAW? I kinda laughed cause I think he knew he didn't really cover it up very well. :)

Its those little mistakes that make me love them even more!

I noticed that, too. He was kind of all over the place in that song. He messed up Paradise on Tuesday, too. Maybe he's just not an early morning person :laugh3:

:) Can you imagine how tired they must be? Esp Chris who doesn't sleep anyway. I noticed he seemed off and bit nervous on Colbert last night...but they were full of energy today. Its non-stop interviews for them! Can't wait for the song-by-song breakdown next week.

Yes! I saw her too, I press pause and rewind and I saw her and if you look closely you can see Moses standing beside them with his headphones. I'm pretty sure that's them. Those eyes are pretty unique.

wow! I'm glad others spied Apple in the crowd too! You know you are a Coldplay fan when you recognize their kids in the audience! :lol:

I loved at the end when Chris made a funny face to his kids. I love how they didn't care either way and everyone was going nuts. They were probably used to seeing him sing every day, so they're not fazed. Haha.

Also, I saw our Angie in the crowd on Jonny's side!

281x211.jpg

Coldplay Fans Find 'Paradise' During 'Today' Set

Band can't make up its mind on the meaning of new album title Mylo Xyloto, and fans struggle to pronounce it for MTV News.

NEW YORK -- Thousands of Coldplay fans wrapped around a dark Rockefeller Plaza on Friday morning (October 21) waiting to get into the group's "Today" show performance.

While most woke up before sunrise, some even camped out overnight to catch the seven-time Grammy-winning band perform. Coldplay satisfied their fans' hunger, performing past hits like "Fix You" and "Viva la Vida" along with new singles "Paradise" and "Every Tear Drop Is a Waterfall."

Two early birds from Long Island missed part of their school day to catch the free show. "We woke up at 4 a.m., missed the train, took another train," Rebecca Monachelli, 17, said. When asked if her parents were aware, the teen laughed, "My mom was the one who suggested to come here today!"

A spray-painted set, in the identical colors of Coldplay's new album cover, lit up the plaza as dawn approached. When "Today" co-anchor Matt Lauer asked about the set, frontman Chris Martin admitted, "It's just random and fun. It's just us throwing caution to the wind, we know it looks kind of amateur, but it comes from the heart."

The band's fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto, due Tuesday, is said to be the band's most electronic album yet.

MTV News took to the plaza to talk with fans and test their ability to pronounce the album title. Most fans laughed as they stumbled over the words Mylo Xyloto, while others confidently let it out.

When the band was asked about the meaning behind the title, Martin said, "It doesn't really mean anything. It just means a group of four English people who are trying to come up with something that had no other association ... one day hopefully it'll mean something."

Lauer quoted the band from a New York Times article, in which Martin had been quoted, "We came up with the idea of, what if you had musical digits, like xylo toes?"

Martin smiled before responding, "I said that, but now I don't mean that anymore. We're still trying to figure out what to say. We should have figured it out before we came on national TV."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1672967/coldplay-mylo-xyloto-today-show.jhtml