✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Today Show, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, USA

Hey all - I've pm'd a few folks here planning to camp out - was trying to get a coldplaying faction together in line for the camp out - let me know if you're interested in joining. Now it's going to be hard to save spots for everybody for whoever decides to join this group and is the earliest in line, but we should try coordinate something, think it would be great if we had legit coldplaying fans as close to the front as possible. I've camped out before, and people can save spots to a degree/ within reason. Let me know what you all think. It would be great to meet all of you in person bc even friends of mine who are fans, r not as diehard as we all are. PM me, or post to the board if interested.

I might get there after 11p but am working on getting there earlier. All the best - to a great concert, and meeting fellow coldplayers.

Im going! I will meet up with you! Who else wants to join us?! haha

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys - this is shaping up to be a lot of fun - So far I've got Zsub, brandy, joe cortazzo, and me - bdevil89 in one group

would love to join up with in a telescope lens (one of my favorite songs btw, I'll see you soon, that is), Zoe (notlost92), amy(thatgirlamy19) - let one of us know through pm or whatever.

It would be great to be able together in line as fellow coldplayers, and be close in concert - I was wondering if anyone has a small ipod or mp3 player speaker system they could bring, it would be great to listen to some tunes while being in line.

Let us know, the more coldplayers the merrier, should be a lot of fun, and as for saving spots, if coldplayers get there around the same time, maybe they could each individually hold like 2 or 3 spots for the other coldplayers, I mean at least for the ones arriving this evening, as for the others in the a.m. I think it will be harder, and people may get annoyed. I don't know what the policy exactly either is. Let me know what people think, regardless it's going to be a great night, and concert.

PM me Open Your Eyes i'll make a list of people going, and get the contact info so we can coordinate. I'm arriving around 9p or so. Hope others who get there earlier can hold us some spots, and I would do the same for others - let's represent for coldplaying and fellow coldplayers around the world. I would totally love it if they played MX/HLH right off the bat, and have us all rocking out to it - love that song.

Hey all just found out about the site and this thread! Anyways I am extremely excited for the show, I am coming from Rhode Island to watch it. As I am also new to this Today show setup I see people are actually camping out to get first dibs on the ticket....thats dedication!!!

I was planning on going up there at 3:30a.m but I see I will be late as some of you will be spending the night. I am very much interested in camping out as I believe it would be an amazing and cold experience! If anyone doesn't mind a avid Rhode Island coldplay fan tagging along with them I would love to join!

Again very new to this site so if anyone would let me camp out with them you can pm me...if not maybe I can get together with someone and we can head up to the show early friday morning......either way this is going to be amazing !!!

Coming from PA, but I can't leave until I get off work around 10:00 PM tonight. If all goes as planned, I'll arrive around 1:00 AM. I'd love to get in on this whole saving spots for each other thing if possible. I love that Coldplay fans are so awesome! Haha. If anyone needs anything, let me know. I might be able to bring an iPod dock or something if no one else can. Also... Is anyone bringing any musical instruments? I play guitar and it would be sweet to jam but I'm not about to do it alone... =)

Alright coldplayers - got a bunch of responses - Here's people who responded to me so far:

dayna 10p or so

joe cortazzo (630p or so)

zsub (7p or earlier)

I heart travel (330 am?)

OpenUpYourEyes (?)

Sara See (1am or so)

Brandy (630p)

Bdevil89 (me) 9p or so

Alright I'll try to send out each other's numbers through PM so we can coordinate

In a telescope lens

notlost92 (zoe)

thatgirlamy19(Amy)

please join us if you'd like, and let us know what time you all r getting there and contact info, through pm of course. Would love to get all us diehard fans together.

I have a guitar, but it might get crazy during the actual concert to hang on to, but that would be awesome if someone wants to venture, don't worry i will sing the songs (not shy about that, Sara See) - also, if one of you could bring a portable mp3/ipod player that runs on batteries or is charged or whatever that would be great (i can bring batteries).

Let me know what you all think - As i said, it might be hard to save spots for everybody that comes later in the night, but we'll do our best, I think each person that links up (that is whoever is the earliest in the group, can hopefully get the next earliest person behind them, and subsequently each person can save at least 1 to 2 spots for others.

I will get there around 9 or so, so to the early birds hold a spot for me if you can. Again, I will send the contact numbers through pm to all that have responded so we can better communicate. Thanks all, here's to a great night and a great concert from one of the truly great bands in the world and history.

" I Might have to go

where they don't know my name" (Up With The Birds)

I'll be driving to Manhattan around 3AM to get there a bit before 5 because I'm another Coldplayer's +1 on VIP passes. I'll try to tweet as much as possible, but I need to save my phone battery for the rest of the day as well, so my concentration will be on photos! I'm bringing my good SLR camera and a disposable camera for fun, so hopefully I'll have something to show by Saturday!

I'll be driving to Manhattan around 3AM to get there a bit before 5 because I'm another Coldplayer's +1 on VIP passes. I'll try to tweet as much as possible, but I need to save my phone battery for the rest of the day as well, so my concentration will be on photos! I'm bringing my good SLR camera and a disposable camera for fun, so hopefully I'll have something to show by Saturday!

Ooohhh. VIP!!! Does that kind of take the sting off of the UEA show? Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, a bit. But there's still a slim chance I might go to the UEA show? Slim slim, though :P

Good luck! I love the smaller shows. After this week, I don't know how I'll be able to go back to an arena or stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there by 4:30-5, as will others who have VIP that I'll be with. I got there at 6 right as it was starting in 2008 and got about 4 rows back, so it's not as cutthroat, or it wasn't then, anyway.

Since I'm +1 on someone else's pass reservation, could you tell me the check-in location for this year that was in the email? I want to be sure it's the same place as last time.