✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate Mylo Xyloto

R23

Here you can rate (1 to 10) the songs of Mylo Xyloto, which leaked today.

I'll start.

1. Mylo Xyloto: 8/10

This opening just sounds great. It sounds a bit dreamy and is a excellent lead in for the following track.

2. Hurts Like Heaven: 9/10

Was my absolute favorite during the festival tour this summer and the studio version didn't disappoint me. Love Jonny's guitar work and the effect on Chris' voice didn't bother me, it sounds different. In a positive way.

3. Paradise: 7/10

Wasn't a fan when it was released as the second single but, as for most of us I guess, it has grown on me. It fits on the album and I'm ok with it.

4. Charlie Brown: 9/10

As we all said before, Charlie Brown has the potential to be a classic. Love the building up of the guitar in the beginning and when it 'explodes' it's really epic. Also love the piano outro at the end. Thought this was just for the live shows before Live Is For Living but I'm glad it's part of the song.

5. Us Against The World: 7/10

The intro is magical. Love the way they kept it small and intimate. Reminded me a bit of Now My Foot Won't Touch The Ground. Simply beautiful.

6. M.M.I.X.: 7/10

This one is a great way to lead in Every Teardrop. It makes the beginning of that song even more euphoric.

7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: 8/10

Well, we all know this one. Still not a big fan of the lyrics but the music makes up for that. Still love the rhythm, the guitar and the euphoric ending.

8. Major Minus: 6/10

I just don't know, I never really liked this song. It works live, but on the studio version the effect on Chris' voice just bothers me. I know HLH has a similar effect, but with this track it just isn't working. Also the 'oho ooh ooohooo, got one eye..' is quite simple and annoying.

9. U.F.O.: 8/10

The prove that not the whole album is 'overproduced'. Give Chris a guitar and he writes a song like U.F.O. The violins are decent too and the whole song reminds a bit of the 'old Coldplay'.

10. Princess Of China: 9/10

The biggest discussion point on Mylo Xyloto, I guess. I personally really like this one. Why? Just because it's different from all of the other songs. And though what you think of the lyrics, I actually like them. Sure, the 'you stole my star, lalalalaaa' part is a bit easy and catchy, but the chorus sung by Rihanna ('I could have been a princess...') is really awesome. Also I think Rihanna did a great job.

11. Up In Flames: 7/10

Beautiful in it's simplicity. Love the rhythm, as well as the piano playing by Chris. Had some doubts about the lyrics, but the way Chris brings them is beautiful. Think I will get slightly annoyed by the drum machine.

12. A Hopeful Transmission: 7/10

The interlude which we all surely forgot while writing this review. But it works as a lead in for Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 8/10

I read somewhere it was the Politik of this record. I can find myself in that. It has the awesome drum in the chorusses, but it sounds more friendly than Politik. In the spirit of the album. Really like this one.

14. Up With The Birds: 9/10

Always a bit more excitement while waiting for the closing track of the record. I mean with Everything's Not Lost, Amsterdam, Twisted Logic (/ 'Til Kingdom Come) and Death And All His Friends/The Escapist they have a reputation. With open mouth I listened to Up With The Birds. At first you hear the beautiful lyrics. The almost quiet middle part is breathtaking and when the guitar starts it reminds me of Paul McCartney's Band On The Run. When it was over, I smiled and thought: holy shit, they did it again.

In overall I would give Mylo Xyloto a 8/10 and thats more than I had expected me to give it.

My quick review.

1. Mylo Xyloto - Decent intro. Preferred the faster versions from live shows though. 7/10

2. Hurts Like Heaven - Still a good song but far too overproduced. Chris Martin's vocals are ruined, as is the guitar in the intro (which you can barely hear due to about 50 over sounds. 7/10

3. Paradise - Good catchy atmospheric tune. I can see the idea but gets a little too repetitive. Like the piano outro. 6/10

4. Charlie Brown - Again loved the live versions but I feel this is again overdone in production terms. The vocals should be much simpler but the special effects let them down again. 7/10

5. Us Against The World - The chorus is too simple for my liking and again the production ruins what could've been a really good listen. 6/10

6. MMIX - Pretty pointless build up for the next track when you think about it but I've heard worse interludes. 5/10

7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - I liked it before and still like it now. The production is big but fits ok here. 8/10

8. Major Minus - Didn't particularly like it as a b-side and not sure why it's in the middle of this album. Again the vocals are ruined and the live versions were better. 5/10

9. UFO - Like it. Once again bad production but it's a good short Chris Martin song. 8/10

10. Princess of China - This is bizarre IMO. Rihanna doesn't do a bad job but it just all seems a bit pointless. This is a Coldplay album and Chris Martin can sing just fine by himself. 4/10

11. Up In Flames - Would be perfect if it was less produced but again Martin's vocals aren't trusted enough and strangely autotune is used at times =\ 7/10

12. A Hopeful Transmission - Good interlude 7/10

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Best song of the album. The only track where they properly let Coldplay be Coldplay. The drums are allowed to stand on their own as are the vocals for the most part. 9/10

14. Up With The Birds - A bit like two songs in one but overall it's a good track and a good finish to the album. Again finally they let Chris Martin sing on his own.. shame it takes over half hour for that to happen. 8/10

Overall 7/10 but the over the top production and killing of Chris Martin's voice that stops it being a 9 or a 10.

Hurts Like Heaven - 9 one of Coldplay's absolute best. Period. Incredible Johnny, Will rocks that beat and Chris has never sounded more alive then on this track. I love the vocal effects, a little diversity never hurt anybody

ParaParaParadise - 7 - Fantastic strings. Love the melody and the stadium rock chorus. Will be absolutly amazing live!

Charlie Brown - 10 - A perfect Coldplay song. Knew it from the first time i heard those strings plucked at Lollapalooza.

Us Against the World - 9 - Tears. That is all. One of the most inspiring and beautiful ballad songs they have ever sent out to us. Means very much to me with certain things i am going through in life, makes me want to hold on tighter.

MMIX Every Tear - 7 - Not their best song based on lyrics. However it is their most happy and jumpy songs which makes me quite excited to see this live. One of my top 10 'feel good songs'

Major Minus - 7 - Love the guiter. Very U2-esque. Another stadium rocker. Although it does feel out of place

UFO - 8 - Much like Parachutes. Too short and too beautiful to handle. Love it.

Princess of China - 5 - Sounds like Rihanna (feat. Coldplay) nuff said. Cool synth though :D

Up In Flames - 8 - Chris's best falsetto on any record. People were skeptical because of the simplicity ruining the song. If it was any more pushed over the edge it would have lost it's beauty! There is art in Simplicity people. UIF is the best showing of that.

Dont Let It Break Your Heart - 9 - After 4 dark and eerily beautiful songs one almost forgets about Coldplay's remark on making a happy ending to this album. They blow you away with Up in Flame's beauty and then throw you into hyperspace with DLIBYH almost instantly putting a smile back on your face and lifting your heart 2000 feet high.

Up With the Birds - 8 - One of those rare album closers that move you in twenty different ways and leave you really caring about the experience you just had. With MX Coldplay tells the story of newfound love being hurt, broke, bruised and tossed but mended together at the end. Within a short 45 minutes I grew to love and care for these characters and to see them live 'happily ever after' was a great feeling.

MYLO XYLOTO 9/10 (Damn near perfect)

1. Mylo Xyloto - Not bad as an intro. Not as cool as the last album's intro, but its fun and happy.

2. Hurts Like Heaven - Dripping with cheese in the chorus but its good. Overall a fun song that kind of sets tone for the album.

3. Paradise - Boring. I hate this song. Its plodding, overproduced like crazy, and just not a good track. Repetitive and boring.

4. Charlie Brown - Fun, bouncy, and a little more of what I was hoping for from them on this album. I heard the live track a long time ago and this isn't terribly different.

5. Us Against the World - The final product reminds me a bit of Don't Panic or Now My Feet won't Touch the Ground in terms of sound. Lyrics are ok, but the audio is the main draw on this one. Also a touch of Til Kingdom Come here.

6. M.M.I.X. - Not really a necessary track. Seconds of buildup that lead to ETIAW. Pointless really.

7. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - This is boring as well. I thought this was a lackluster single. It has a bit of a dance feel. Some of the lyrics are inspired, others are stupid. This one had a nice lead riff from Jonny though.

8. Major Minus - I love this damn song. Its weird, its odd, its fun, its dark, and it touches territory they haven't visited often in their career. Lyrics are about the White Rose movement in Nazi Germany. Oh, and this is a touch of what we were promised from the acoustic album.

9. U.F.O. - I LOVE this track. Nice acoustic ditty with Chris and a perfect embodiment of what I wanted from the 5th LP.

10. Princess of China - Ugh. This song is overproduced and plodding, not fun at all. Very obnoxious actually. Rhianna is worthless here. She's a gimmick, trotted out to grab people who aren't into Coldplay who can say "I like the Rhianna song". And Chris is boring here as well. All the electronics get to be too much, they just damage the song.

11. Up in Flames - Not too bad actually. The chorus is repetitive and a tad eh, but the song overall reminds me of old Coldplay with a new twist. Again, another track I think embodies what was promised as its piano and drum and gorgeous. I like it.

12. A Hopeful Transmission - Again, pointless. I'll be skipping this one to. Learn from other's mistakes guys, this many transitions aren't necessary.

13. Don't Let it Break Your Heart - Very busy song, but not terrible. This is what Paradise and Princess of China COULD have been if they'd toned down the overproduction a bit. Album has been very hit and miss to this point, but this seems like a nice display of what it is supposed to be.

14. Up With the Birds - Not bad at all. Nice sound, pleasant, and overall a happy ending to the story. Too bad it was preceded by a semi-lackluster album.

1. Mylo Xyloto: 8

2. Hurts Like Heaven: 8

3. Paradise: 8

4. Charlie Brown: 10

5. Us Against The World: 10

6. M.M.I.X.: 9

7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: 8

8. Major Minus: 7

9. U.F.O.: 10

10. Princess Of China: 5

11. Up In Flames: 9

12. A Hopefull Transmission: 8

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 10

14. Up With The Birds: 10

overall: 9

2. Hurts Like Heaven: 9

3. Paradise: 6

4. Charlie Brown: 9

5. Us Against The World: 9

6. M.M.I.X.: 8

8. Major Minus: 6

9. U.F.O.: 9

10. Princess Of China: 9

11. Up In Flames: 9

12. A Hopeful Transmission: 7

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 10 <----amazing

14. Up With The Birds: 9

After the first listened, my ratings are:

3. Paradise: 6

4. Charlie Brown: 8.5

5. Us Against The World: 10

6. M.M.I.X.: 2 <----- pointless interlude :blank:

8. Major Minus: 8

9. U.F.O.: 5

10. Princess Of China: 9

11. Up In Flames: 10

12. A Hopeful Transmission: 4 <----- it was necessary?

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 7.5

14. Up With The Birds: 5

Mylo Xyloto - Not gonna rate this, nice little intro into HLH. - N/A

Hurts Like Heaven - Love this song. Makes me wanna get up and go - 9/10!

Paradise - Good little song, I don't know if I'd rate this a full 8/10 but it's very close so I'll just go with a 8/10 :)

Charlie Brown - Again, love this song. So epic along with HLH. - 9/10

Us Against the World - This song is so dreamy and....sexy, hehe. Makes me wanna float away with a special someone, if I had one :( - 9/10

M.M.I.X. - Not gonna rate but awesome intro into ETIAW! Builds it up nice. Might be might favorite "intro song" on this album. - N/A

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - Time to call me a pussy. I love this song. - 9/10

Major Minus - Again, love this song. I know this song gets bashed, at least the studio version but I really like it. I like the "government is a villain" type theme of it. - 9/10

U.F.O. - Pretty little song. Nice and simple. Love the strings. - 8/10

Princess of China - Love it. Rihanna did great and I'm not a fan of hers at all or that type of music. - 9/10

Up in Flames - Heartbreaking. :cry: - 8/10

A Hopeful Transmission - Cool little intro! Love the spoons or whatever and the reprise of Mylo Xyloto! - N/A

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - This was very surprising when I heard it. I thought it would be like ETIAW, which it is. But it's got a X&Y type feel just more cheery. Very epic and makes my heart want to explode, far away. ;) - 9/10

Up with the Birds - Gorgeous. It's like a "Wonderful World" type of outro song. Love the atmosphere with the guitar sounds and echoe-y vocals which were clearly influenced by Brian Eno. Good little outro at the last half of the song to end it on a happy note, with the birds...Nice piano at the end. Don't know if a full 9/10 but since it's close to it...9/10 :D

Overall: Either 8.25 or 8.5/10....I know I gave alot of 9/10s so it doesn't add up but those are rough estimates and I'm rating them as I hear them so I need to obviously listen a bit more. I'm pretty sure this is tied with VLV as my 2nd favorite record of theirs besides AROBTTH...Maybe it surpasses VLV. I don't know yet. All I know is every Coldplay record has been great and I'm glad to share the Coldplay love with (most) of you guys.

1. Mylo Xyloto: -

3. Paradise: 7

4. Charlie Brown: 8

5. Us Against The World: 8

6. M.M.I.X.: -

7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: 9.5

8. Major Minus: 7

9. U.F.O.: 7.5

10. Princess Of China: 8.5

11. Up In Flames: 8

12. A Hopefull Transmission: -

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 10 (BEST SONG!!!!!)

Mylo Xyloto - 8 - Wish the xylophone was a bit clearer

Hurts Like Heaven - 9 - Amazing song, but I wish it had the piano at the end like the live version

Paradise - 7 - Sounds better on the album actually

Charlie Brown - 9 - It's fantastic

Us Against The World - 9 - Brilliant piece of music, it sounds beautiful. Best song on the album.

M.M.I.X. - x - Why didn't they put it on the same track as ETIAW, sort of like Violet Hill?

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - 8 - Fits good with an uplifting song after UATW, love Jonny's work

Major Minus - 7 - Ok song, good guitar, cool effects but it just doesn't "do it" for me

U.F.O. - 7 - Lacks a proper end, if it ended like for instance A Message, I'd rate it higher

Princess of China - 4 - Rihanna is just misplaced, and the tempo fades out at the end..

Up In Flames - 7 - Good old Coldplay, but as on U.F.O. I miss the end of the song

A Hopeful Transmission - 6 - Repetition of MX; good!

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 7 - One ting bugs me: I can't hear the vocals!

Up With The Birds - 8 - Beautiful song, especially the guitar part

Overall rating: 8/10

1. Mylo Xyloto: 9

It's a decent intro, it gets even better when A Hopeful Transmission repeats it's melody, it's a great moment.

It sounds pretty much like the live version which I loved, except it's a little cleaner. It's got some great guitar parts in it.

3. Paradise: 7

I suppose it does a decent job of introducing the female character but it's too long and gets boring towards the end. It sort of fades away from memory after you listen to the rest of the album.

4. Charlie Brown: 9

By far the best melody on the album and I love the piano outro. The contrasting use of loud and quiet parts is fantastic.

5. Us Against The World: 9

The most surprising moment on the album, it's even better than the live version. It probably would have got a 10 if Will's vocals were a little louder. He's a great singer and they should have made more of him.

6. M.M.I.X.: 8

It's just an intro to ETIAW, nothing more, nothing less. It's doesn't really flow well from UATW either which is disappointing.

Admittedly, I hated it when it was first released, but it's an excellent contrast to UATW and deserves its place on the album.

8. Major Minus: 6.5

The weakest track on the album and it should have been more like the live version. It sort of sticks out too much and doesn't flow as well as the rest of the album but it plays a great role in the narrative.

9. U.F.O.: 7

I'm not sure what to think about this one. I like it but it could have been replaced with something much better. It's great how you can hear the chord changes though, it's very different to all the louder, more complex songs and has some good lyrics.

10. Princess Of China: 7

Like Major Minus, it sticks out a little too much and should flow a little better but I was pleasantly surprised with how well Rihanna's voice works with Chris. I would have liked her to play a slightly smaller role in the song but it's not bad at all.

11. Up In Flames: 8

This is perfect after Princess of China due to the contrast between the songs, but it sounds unfinished. Not a bad song by any means though. The 'pour some water on' part should have been sung lower like the live performance.

12. A Hopeful Transmission: 10

You may think I'm mad giving this a 10 but it's my favourite piece of music on the album. I was very impressed with the use of the Mylo Xyloto theme making a comeback later on the album and the way it transitions into DLIBYH is incredible.

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 10

My favourite full song on the album, the only part I don't like is the way Chris sings 'Don't let it break your heart', it sounds a bit childish. Other than that though it's pure gold.

A very good closer, the lyrics are probably the best on the album and it's a brilliant way to end the narrative and the album. Very impressive.

My definitely review:

1. Mylo Xyloto: An excellent and catchy intro. 8

2. Hurts Like Heaven: They killed the guitar, but the drums and voice effect are cool. 8

3. Paradise: Still I find it annoying (para para), in the context is better. 6.5

4. Charlie Brown: Definitely is growing on me, I like the lyrics and guitar. 9

5. Us Against The World: Bellisimo! 10

6. M.M.I.X.: It's ok, I can skip it. 4

7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: It's a happy tune and well done. 8

8. Major Minus: The guitar is amazing, just that :L 8

9. U.F.O.: Simple and beautiful, but there's something I don't like about the lyrics.

10. Princess Of China: A big surprise, Rihanna is great. 9

11. Up In Flames: Bellisima, too!!10

12. A Hopeful Transmission: 5

13. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: Not the best, not the worst. 6

14. Up With The Birds: They have better album closers. 6

I consider the instrumentals to be part of their following tracks.

Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven: 10

Paradise: 9

Charlie Brown: 10

Us Against The World: 10

M.M.I.X. / Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: 9

Major Minus: 7

U.F.O.: 8

Princess Of China: 9

Up In Flames: 9

A Hopeful Transmission / Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 10

Up With The Birds: 7

OVERALL: 9

I am so utterly in love with this album.

1. Mylo Xyloto/Hurts Like Heaven: 7.5/10

Disappointed with the very overdone effects on Chris' voice, especially the first minute or two of Hurts like Heaven. Despite this, the guitar work is awesome, and the vocal effects seem to ease off towards the end

2. Paradise: 9/10

Gets a lot of unjust hatred. Yes, it's very poppy, and some of the lyrics aren't great, but it's a very catchy song and Chris' vocal work is great. I find it annoying how people hate the repeating of 'para' in the chorus...bit of a stupid thing to complain about imo.

3. Charlie Brown: 9.5/10

My favorite song when played live, it seems to lose a little something in the studio version, although I'm not sure what. Still an amazing song though!

4. Us Against The World: 9.5

I love this, Chris' voice is very relaxed, and I love when the intro and when the bass kicks in near the end.

5. M.M.I.X/Every Teardrop: 8.5/10

Again, lots of unjust hatred. Some lyrics leave a little to be desired, but Johnny's guitar work is awesome, and it's just a great feel-good song. M.M.I.X is a great euphoric introduction too.

6. Major Minus: 6/10

I liked this live, but I'm barely able to listen to the studio version. It could have been a great dark song, but again the effects ruin it completely, much more so than in Hurts like Heaven. Disappointing.

7. U.F.O.: 8/10

Classic Coldplay here - very relaxing and subdued. I need to listen more to form more of an opinion though.

8. Princess Of China: 10/10

I really thought I'd dislike this. I absolutely hate Hip-Hop and RnB, and I'm not the biggest fan of Rihanna, but wow - this is one amazing song. The synths and guitar really makes the song. Rihanna puts in a great voice performance too, and really gels with Chris' voice. This song is going to be huge.

9. Up In Flames: 8/10

Little repetitive, but still great. Chris' voice shines here, and I like the metronome beat in the background. For some unknown reason I hate the almost nonsical end lyric though ('Can we pour some water on?')...on what?:D

10. A Hopeful Transmission/DLIBYH: 10/10

What a shocker! I expected very little of this but wow, one of my favourites - and I've still only listened twice.

11. Up With The Birds: 9/10

Fantastic closer to the album. I just wish more tracks had this sort of style, where Chris' voice is allowed to shine through without sounding like an underwater robot.

Mylo Xyloto - 7/10

Hurts Like Heaven - 9/10

Paradise - 8/10

Charlie Brown - 10/10

Us Against the World - 8/10

MMIX - 6/10

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - 8/10

Major Minus - 8/10

UFO - 8/10

Princess of China - 9/10

Up in Flames - 7/10

A Hopeful Transmission - 6/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 8/10

Up with the Birds - 8/10

1. Mylo Xyloto -

2. Hurts Like Heaven - 8

3. Paradise - 9

4. Charlie Brown - 9

5. Us Against the World - 10

6. M.M.I.X. -

7. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - 7

8. Major Minus - 5

9. U.F.O. - 6

10. Princess of China - 8

11. Up in Flames - 9

12. A Hopeful Transmission -

13. Don't Let it Break Your Heart - 8

14. Up With the Birds - 8

Hurts Like Heaven: 4/10

Paradise: 2/10

Charlie Brown: 7/10

Us Against The World: 9/10

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: 1/10

Major Minus: 3/10

U.F.O.: 7/10

Princess of China: 1/10

Up in Flames: 7/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 6/10

Up With The Birds: 8/10

I've given my sparkles and sunshine reasons in other posts already. ^.^

Mylo Xyloto - It's no Life In Technicolor.... 7/10

Hurts Like Heaven - Loved this live and had higher expectations for the studio version. Its still a good opener, just has room for improvement. 8/10!

Paradise - Though it is better in the context of the album, I will never love it. Their worst single release since The Hardest Part. 5/10

Charlie Brown - Good pop tune.... Good pop tunes should be introduced as a studio single before being un-leashed as a live BEAST!!! 8.5/10

Us Against the World - Could have been on AROBTH or Parachutes. Classic ColdPLAY and I love it... - 8/10

M.M.I.X. - Just an extension of ETIAW, or intro if you will. No rating.

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - I couldn't say this at first, because no song has ever grown on me more, but Fuck the haters! This song is fun and meant to get the people pumping their fists! Not whining for another FIX YOU! - 9/10

Major Minus - I love everything about this song. ESPECIALLY the stuff most people hate. I think it is my favorite on it, so far. It's loud, I can hear everything on it including Chris' whacked out, spacey, messed up vocals. I LOVE IT! Each listen it gets better and better 10/10

U.F.O. - See Us Against The World, but even better! Could have even been longer... 9/10

Princess of China - I like Rihanna and her music, but this is a Coldplay album... It's like a Rihanna song featuring Coldplay and not a good one. - 5/10

Up in Flames - Slightly repetitive, somewhat listenable. A little too moody for me right now and I could do with out the boom bah boom beat... Love the guitar work towards the end. - 7/10

A Hopeful Transmission - Fun little intro to DLIBYH, but these are sort of like the songs themselves... Not sure why they needed these...

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - I like this. A LOT! It has an urgency and a pulse that far exceeds any other song on the album. Wish they would have released this as the first single. Instantly enjoyable and hope it remains so... 9.5/10 If it stays as shiny and endures it will be a 10

Up with the Birds - The Last two songs are so strong! This is a great tune that should please all fans, new and old. BRILLIANT! 10/10

Overall first impression: Strong and fun with a ton of energy. Compared to the others, unfortunately it's not as good on the first listens, for me. VLV, Parachutes, and AROBTTH were instant classics. Much more enjoyable on first listens than X&Y was... It is as good as I was expecting, but didnt exceed my hopes. Coldplay will always be my favorite band, I suppose. This just isn't their best. Nor is it their worst... 7.5 of 10 over all. Maybe an 8.

I pre-ordered!

EDIT: There is NO REASON why Moving To Mars isnt on this album! It is more than worthy...

Mylo Xyloto - 7.5/10

Hurts Like Heaven - 7.5/10

Paradise - 4/10

Charlie Brown - 7/10

Us Against The World - 8/10

MMIX - 7.5/10

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - 6/10

Major Minus - 6/10

UFO - 8/10

Princess Of China - 8.5/10

Up In Flames - 8/10

A Hopeful Transmission - 8/10 (same melody as MX, presented in a snazzier way)

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 7.5/10

Up With The Birds - 8/10

:shrug:

I should have voted for A Hopeful Transmission. Love the spoons!

Mylo Xyloto 6/10

Hurts Like Heaven 6/10

Paradise 2/10

Charlie Brown 6/10

Us Against The World 8/10

MMIX + Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall 3/10

Major Minus 6/10 (for the studio version)

U.F.O. 7/10

Princess Of China 1/10

Up In Flames 5/10

A Hopeful Transmission 9/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart 7/10

Up With The Birds: I can't rate this one yet. Might be a masterpiece. Then again, might be not. Maybe an 8/10

For the album as a whole, I'd give 5/10 for now. It's just not good enough.

Mylo Xyloto: 8/10

Hurts Like Heaven: 9/10

Paradise: 9/10

Charlie Brown: 9/10

Us Against the World: 8.5/10

MMIX: 8/10

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall: 8.5/10

Major Minus: 8/10

UFO: 7.5/10

Princess of China: 8.5/10

Up in Flames: 9/10

A Hopeful Transmission: 7/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart: 8/10

Up with the Birds: 8/10

I will just make this quick.

Mylo Xyloto - 7/10

Hurts Like Heaven - 9/10

Paradise - 8/10

Charlie Brown - 10/10

Us Against the World - 15/10

MMIX - 6/10

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - 8/10

Major Minus - 8/10

UFO - 8/10

Princess of China - 9/10

Up in Flames - 8.5/10

A Hopeful Transmission - 8/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 8/10

Up with the Birds - 8/10

I loved us against the world. Best song on the album for me, probably because I can relate to the lyrics and how they built the song.

The album overall gets an 8.75/10. I find it difficult to compare the albums (i.e. "This isnt as good as AROBTTH") Each album had different positives and negatives for me.

Yes it is too overproduced...but I like that. I love the spacey vibes it gives off. It just makes me me feel like I am being taken on a journey. Defiantly an album that needs to be listened to all the way through, which is what I have been waiting for Coldplay to do for 11 years. Individually I may not have rated the songs highly, but together they blend extremely well.

but here is a comparison.

Parachutes : 7/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head: 9.5/10

X&Y: 8/10

Viva La Vida: 8.5/10

Mylo Xyloto 8.75/10