✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Straight out of X&Y

It sounds like a B side from X&Y, right up there with Things I Don't Understand.

This! But with less falsetto I guess.

It has elements of the aforementioned though...

Politik: loud drums/piano intro

X&Y: fast, spacey energy

ETIAW: "happy" guitar riff

Glass of Water: The chorus's chord progression is the same as DLIBYH's verses

CSC: fast!

LIJ: fast!

The end kind of reminds me of White Shadows or Talk's synthesizer interludes.

To me when it starts it sounds like The Escapist accelerated a hundred times:

And If I lost a map

If I lost it all

I fell into the trap

Then she goes

=

And in the end

We lie awake

And we dream

Of making our escape

This is exactly what I came here to post. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this!

I don't know how anyone could say it's "directly from" X&Y, as the production on it's completely different. Even the song itself is closer to Glass of Water / Chinese Sleep Chant than X&Y's long and polished songs.

It sounds like a B side from X&Y, right up there with Things I Don't Understand.

Definitely. However, I like Things I Don't Understand much more than Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Honestly, I'm completely not understanding everyone's obsession with this song. I'm very unimpressed by it... it's just a plain song to me. I guess I'm in a very small minority.

Definitely. However, I like Things I Don't Understand much more than Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Honestly, I'm completely not understanding everyone's obsession with this song. I'm very unimpressed by it... it's just a plain song to me. I guess I'm in a very small minority.

I think it's because Things I Don't Understand sounds unresolved. It's a bit like edging; you're getting close to it, but just don't quite make it over the top. There is no resolution to the musical idea. DLIBYH, in contrast, DOES resolve it at the end of the chorus. Also, the tempo is the same and the chord progressions are similar (albeit the key differs by a semitone).

I feel like Things I Don't Understand expresses some kind of unfullfilled yearning with a bittersweet taste, while DLIBYH rather gives an uplifting feeling.

Besides, I don't you could rock an arena with Things I Don't Understand. :wtf:

• 3 weeks later...