✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the "WE WANT MORE ROCK COLDPLAY" thread

m.rogo86@gmx.de

i really love all coldplayers, but i think it's time so say that we want coldplay to rock their hearts out! i personally think, it's enough of the pop attitude.

the last two albums (MX and VLVODAAHF) were/are great, don't get me wrong, i really think they are, but coldplay need to be more rock!

When you see Will and Jonny during the performances of "god put a smile upon your face" or "politics" or other "more rock coldplay songs" you are getting the impression that they love the "rock style" and they are not reaching their full "rock potencial"! mainly Will and Jonny...

Now they are the greatest/biggest band in the world, it's time to rock! time to have fun in the studio! No more autotunes! More riffs, more guitars, more KICK-ASS Drums! More authenticit!

the fan-base would love to see that!

I really would love to see coldplay doing their "most rock album ever!" If you have a similar opinion post here!

I think all there albums are rock, just different kinds (Parachutes = Acoustic, A Rush of Blood To the Head = Alternative Rock, X&Y = Space Rock Viva La Vida = Phycadelic, MX = Shoe Gazing) , but that's just my opinion.

What I really want them to do is release a song that's like 45 minutes long! (okay maybe not that long but like ~17 minutes. Pink Floyd length) I think that would be the coolest thing. Should be a single though, that way there'd be more room on the album for more songs.

Could be a double album though......:P

Hell yeah, Jonny and Will are really into harder songs like GPASUYF and Politik, but I think 42, Violet Hill and Major Minus are also very much ''rock'' perhaps ''DLIBYH and HLH'' also a little but I would really really love more louder and rocky songs. They actually seem to really love that.

I think all there albums are rock, just different kinds (Parachutes = Acoustic, A Rush of Blood To the Head = Alternative Rock, X&Y = Space Rock Viva La Vida = Phycadelic, MX = Shoe Gazing) , but that's just my opinion.

What I really want them to do is release a song that's like 45 minutes long! (okay maybe not that long but like ~17 minutes. Pink Floyd length) I think that would be the coolest thing. Should be a single though, that way there'd be more room on the album for more songs.

Could be a double album though......:P

How is MX at least a bit shoegaze?

When you see Will and Jonny during the performances of "god put a smile upon your face" or "politics" or other "more rock coldplay songs" you are getting the impression that they love the "rock style" and they are not reaching their full "rock potencial"! mainly Will and Jonny...

THIS !

They tried almost every style, now that the next album may be their last ... Politik and GPASUYF are IMO the best performances live. They just ROCK IT. It would be amazing.

I want darker stuff, you know. They create such a great dark mystery and excitement with more "rock songs" like violet hill , cemeteries of london, god put a smile, politik( my fav) and older ones! I like major minus and us against the world but i just cant digest every teardrop is a waterfall etc! Some acoustic with a good recognisable guitar hook like the song 'Moses' (one of my favourite coldplay songs) is great too!