✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-03/nyc-best-coldplay-murder-of-crows-goliath-spiders.html

NYC Best: Coldplay, ‘Murder of Crows,’ Goliath Spiders

Saturday Night

ibKW8wZJwrIQ.jpg

Head out to Izod Center in New Jersey to hear Coldplay.

It’s the first North American tour for the band in nearly three years. They’re now travelling the globe in support of their latest hit album “Mylo Xyloto.”

Expect the usual heart-felt delivery from frontman Chris Martin in a string of great songs.

Marina & the Diamonds and Emeli Sande open.

In the Meadowlands Sports Complex, East Rutherford, NJ. Information: http://www.meadowlands.com.

Coldplay returns to the Meadowlands in North American Tour

7 P.M. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, eAST rUTHERFORD

ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLDPLAY AT IZOD

0801f_ColdPlay_50p.jpg

Anglophiles rejoice – the Olympics are in London and Coldplay is in the Meadowlands, on their first North American tour in almost three years.

TELL ME MORE: The emotive Britpop quartet of Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion and Chris Martin have enjoyed worldwide popularity since their hit single "Yellow" in 2000. They're on the road to promote their 2011 platinum album "Mylo Xyloto," which, aside from topping the charts in 34 countries and producing the Grammy-nominated singles "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" and "Paradise," is also the subject of a comic book (the first issue premiered last month at the San Diego Comic-Con; the full series will be released next year).

The show takes full advantage of its arena setting, according to reviews, which describe light-up wristbands provided to concertgoers, confetti cannons and balloon drops to accompany performances of songs such as "In My Place" and "Lovers in Japan."

The British rock band, formed in 1996, has sold more than 50 million records worldwide and has won six Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards and four MTV Video Music Awards.

DETAILS: Izod Center, 50 Route 120, East Rutherford. $46 to $111.50. 201-935-8500 or izodcenter.com.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: coldplay.com.

— Alexis Tarrazi

http://www.northjersey.com/community/events/164697326_311_leads_this_week_s_Top_5_concerts_bill_top_5_concerts.html?page=all

Saturday, Aug. 4

Coldplay at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford at 7 p.m. ($57.50-$128.55; call 201-935-3900 for more information.) coldplay.com.

Why you should go: It's hard to remember a time when Coldplay wasn't played on every radio station all the time, but when the band formed in 1996, no one had any inkling they would become such an enormous sensation. They released three EPs before their single "Yellow" came out in 2000. It was followed by their first full-length, "Parachutes," which was nominated for a Mercury Prize, and then 2002's "A Rush of Blood to the Head," which is widely considered Coldplay's greatest work.

Sophie Boileau ‏@sophieboileau

Wouhou je suis juste à côté de la petite scène dans le public! #coldplay

Twitter translate: Wooo I'm right next to the small stage! #coldplay

Patricia Amara ‏@AmbitiousAsEver

FINALLY AT THE IZOD CENTER! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!! COLDPLAY IS LIFE! *I CANT BREATHE* ME AND BONNIE ARE GONA LOSE OUR SHIT!

:D

Just saying hello. Will be out again tonight, but I look forward to all the goodies in the thread later on. Have fun!:D

Hiya Tracie! So far the tweets are still trickling in, maybe we can blame it on the network. See you later ;)