✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin dissapointed to leave "Moving To Mars" from the album.

Saket

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he bloody should be!

For me it's clearly one of two songs the album should have been built around - it not only encapsulates the whole theme but it also offers partial resolution to the (tenuous story) AND is one of the best things musically they have done this time around. I guess they dropped it for DLIBYH, which seems rather trite as a package. For me MX needs both. Otherwise it sounds like a holiday fling rather than a deep romance.

More Pink Floyd Coldplay = amazing. Imvho they should have taken this route long ago.

Yes, Moving to Mars should have been on the album.

It should have replaced Up in Flames, I think that's the dullest track coldplay have made.

My thoughts exactly. Although I like Up In Flames, Moving to Mars is just a far better song in every conceivable way.

It fits perfectly between Major Minus and U.F.O.

I disagree. Put it immediately after Charlie Brown. Pull up both songs on YouTube, push play on MTM just as the last note of CB is played. It's such a beautiful transition.

And for those who say it "doesn't fit" the theme/mood/whatever of the album, I disagree. If the album is supposed to be a "story" about two people, I don't see how this can not fit into their story.

I find it interesting that the guy describes it as Louis Armstrong meets Pink Floyd... from the very beginning I described it as Billie Holiday meets Pink Floyd, so I definitely know what this guy means.

i don't think it would've fit on the album and the boys were aware of that.

structur-wise it's too much like up with the birds which is arguably the better closing track.

seriously, i think leaving this off was one of the best decisions they made about this album. mylo xyloto's shortness makes it so much sweeter.

I somehow have a feeling that MTM was dropped instead of Up In Flames. Which is a terrible mistake. IMO, A Hopeful Transmission is the biggest track waste on the CD, and Moving To Mars would have found its place perfectly... If they really HAD to keep UIF... Which I find really boring ... :( The reason I am sad it is not on the album is that I guess I care about the band and think that more people deserved to hear the brilliance of that song... It is one of their best efforts,IMO.

Why does it matter if it's on the album or not? You can hear it on youtube whenever you want, or even download it from iTunes.
Of course we can, but it's not about that; the article is pointing out Chris' feelings about it not being on the album. I'm sure he understands that loads of people (casual listeners) aren't going to know the song even exists now, with it not being on the album.

/ their loss

Of course we can, but it's not about that; the article is pointing out Chris' feelings about it not being on the album. I'm sure he understands that loads of people (casual listeners) aren't going to know the song even exists now, with it not being on the album.

/ their loss

This. Sure, it's nice that we know the song exists and love it, but we will never get to share it and sing it with other people the way we could with ETIAW or even UATW (my friend who basically only listens to pop/rap was HUMMING UATW a week after I gave him MX...and it's not even that catchy of a song).

I guess we shouldn't care that much about what people think, but it'd sure be nice to have MTM there as a sense of proof that Coldplay is REALLY good. Pink Floyd flavour, Rocket-Mannish...and distinct Coldplay AROBTTH-style instrumentation with MX lyrics and MX synths (without being overdone). It's basically the greatest song of this era [besides UATW, in my opinion].

In the context of the album though, the only one it could've replaced was UIF or UFO...otherwise the album wouldn't have the same feel. At this point I just leave MTM after UWTB but perhaps I will experiment with placing it.

I guess we shouldn't care that much about what people think, but it'd sure be nice to have MTM there as a sense of proof that Coldplay is REALLY good. Pink Floyd flavour, Rocket-Mannish...and distinct Coldplay AROBTTH-style instrumentation with MX lyrics and MX synths (without being overdone). It's basically the greatest song of this era.

That and Up With The Birds :rolleyes:

But yeah, it has that epic feel that was ARoBttH :wacky: Plus, I don't think anyone would complain if Coldplay released some Pink Floyd-like songs :wink3: