✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin dissapointed to leave "Moving To Mars" from the album.

Saket

Luke Pritchard, lead singer of The Kooks recently mentioned THIS in an article:

"I'm really not a fan of the new Coldplay stuff, but this is genius. One of his best songs ever, in my opinion. How could they leave this off the album?! It's like Louis Amstrong meets Pink Floyd! I met Chris Martin for the first time in Paris while we were doing Tarratata about two months ago and I mentioned this song. He looked genuinely disappointed that they'd left it off. Bound to be a bootleg classic though.

The entire article: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/luke-pritchard/kooks-new-song_b_1134004.html

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like MTM. I hope they play it live again. Its lyrics are very good and so is the melody.

Though I kind of like PoC, I honestly think Coldplay can do much better than this. I'm not saying this because it features Rihanna (I said elsewhere that I like what she did in that song), but because I know Coldplay can write better lyrics. I also think that PoC, like other MX tracks, are a bit too full. The synth stuff doesn't generally bug me as long as it's good and I probably can't say that about PoC.

It fits perfectly between Major Minus and U.F.O. So for me it isn't left out, I play it with the rest of the album. :dozey:

I think it's my favorite song that's formally not on a studio album. I also think it's inspired by Wall-E.

walle3.png

It fits perfectly between Major Minus and U.F.O. So for me it isn't left out, I play it with the rest of the album. :dozey:

I think it's my favorite song that's formally not on a studio album. I also think it's inspired by Wall-E.

walle3.png

OMG it would fit so well ! (I'm picturing in my mind a clip from Wall E with this song right now :awesome: )

I'm torn: it's a beautiful song and it would indeed fit perfectly between Major Minus and UFO, but I just...I'm not that into it...I gotta admit I'm a bit bored by this song, I don't feel it.

EDIT: DAMN! I missed my 600th! The same happened 100 posts ago ! :bomb:

Agreed. Probably the most dull Coldplay song I've ever listened to. It fits nowhere on the album.

So I guess u guys think Up With The Birds is equally crappy?

I love the song too, but, MTM would have not fit in the context of the album.

Well yeah, it's way too dark in a way, but I think it fits nicely between those 2 songs.

So I guess u guys think Up With The Birds is equally crappy?

MTM is anything but dull. I <3 it.

Well yeah, it's way too dark in a way, but I think it fits nicely between those 2 songs.

I'm going to try it out now.

EDIT: Yes. Yes it does work.