✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin dissapointed to leave "Moving To Mars" from the album.

Saket

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how much better MX would have been if they had scrapped ETIAW and put MTM on instead..

I actually showed my sister ETIAW, she likes coldplay but is definitely a pop music fan annnd she laughed and said it didn't even sound like them... Sooo yeah

That and Up With The Birds :rolleyes:

But yeah, it has that epic feel that was ARoBttH :wacky: Plus, I don't think anyone would complain if Coldplay released some Pink Floyd-like songs :wink3:

Right, didn't mean to make my opinion fact. BUT IT IS. :p

I like UWTB's lyrics/story better, but I much prefer the music-scape of MTM. Jonny's "epic lead"? Can't really top that. The guitar was a little underwhelming on UWTB, in my opinion, compared to songs like MTM, Fix You, DAAOHF, and Amsterdam (tracks of comparable structure/function).

Actually, I find ATH to be horrible. Even worse than Up In Flames...

A Hopeful Transmission is great. It has an African feel like Strawberry Swing. I'm disappointed that DLIBYH isn't more like that interlude.

Up In Flames was the last song recorded for MX. The piano should have been much more elaborate, IMO. Can we pour some water on is a beautiful line.

I combined all the mini-tracks with their parent tracks the second I got the album so I don't even think of AHT as it's own song anymore, it's just the intro to DLIBYH.

MTM works perfectly between Charlie Brown and MMIX I think. Beautiful transitions, much smoother than sticking UATW in there. Although I like that song too, and I agree if any song should've been dropped it's definitely PoC.

Imagine how much better MX would have been if they had scrapped ETIAW and put MTM on instead..

Agreed completely. Moving To Mars is better than at least eight songs on MX.

On the other hand, MTM would have taken the tempo out of the album. I think they picked a great flow over songs this time, they wanted this to be cohesive more than anything.

Btw, I remember reading they disagreed about what songs should be on the final tracklist. So if Chris looked disappointed, he might have been the one arguing for MTM to be on the album. In which case people should stop blaming him for their 'MX sound'.

A Hopeful Transmission is great. It has an African feel like Strawberry Swing. I'm disappointed that DLIBYH isn't more like that interlude.

Up In Flames was the last song recorded for MX. The piano should have been much more elaborate, IMO. Can we pour some water on is a beautiful line.

So true

the album MX is inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow (Q magazine and in many interviews said by the band and too by Rihanna a celebritie but fan of Coldplay too, and Chris wrote certain songs for her .

it's an album for celebrities by celebrities.

I think that, contextually, this is the most meaningful post I have ever seen from you,Lory.

Agreed completely. Moving To Mars is better than at least eight songs on MX.

On the other hand, MTM would have taken the tempo out of the album. I think they picked a great flow over songs this time, they wanted this to be cohesive more than anything.

Btw, I remember reading they disagreed about what songs should be on the final tracklist. So if Chris looked disappointed, he might have been the one arguing for MTM to be on the album. In which case people should stop blaming him for their 'MX sound'.

I think it is just all relative, as I said before, I don't like the flow of the album, AHT is too out there, just jumps out of nowhere for me, and Up In Flames is slower than MTM too...

Yeah,maybe Chris was the one that wanted MTM on the album...I wonder who was against it in the band? :thinking:

Yeah,maybe Chris was the one that wanted MTM on the album...I wonder who was against it in the band? :thinking:
Who said it had to be a member of the band that was against it? The song was mentioned in a Roadie 42 blog a long time ago, they all seemed so excited about it. If I had to make a wager, I'd say EMI peeps had some influence on it. Maybe they outright wouldn't "allow" the band to have all 3 songs from the ETIAW EP on the album.

Who said it had to be a member of the band that was against it? The song was mentioned in a Roadie 42 blog a long time ago, they all seemed so excited about it. If I had to make a wager, I'd say EMI peeps had some influence on it. Maybe they outright wouldn't "allow" the band to have all 3 songs from the ETIAW EP on the album.

You don't know how much I hate EMI and everything surrounding the band these days. They seem to be making all the wrong decisions

i think the album would be better if MTM was replaced with up in flames. and that they never released it on the ETIAW EP

This.

I'm not a huge fan of MTM but it's definitely better than UIF. UIF should have been dropped or ETIAW for MTM.

^^ HAHA! :D but i love MX! i think its fucking brilliant!!!! MTM is amaaaazing,. but im happy i know it. :D maybe they'll start playing it in concerts and itll be like Glass of Water. :D and then it'll get radio play. and people will be happy.

but if you think about it.. Major Minus was played a lot in the radio and had good feedback.. maybe MTM didnt get that much good responses from the radio play?

i love ETIAW and UIF and POC. i dont understand why people dont like it?? ETIAW has that AMAZING riff from Jonny! and its has lots of energy! UIF is beautiful! i mean. wow. POC- Chris' voice on that is amazzing! he's singing really low there. but when you play it on speakers, you can really hear him and its like woaaaahh.