• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megalomania

• Hysteria

• Mojo Pin

• Mrs.McFly

Anyone applied for tickets for Muse at the Roundhouse on 30th September? I know there's about 0.000000000001% chance that I will get them but I decided to give it a go anyway :laugh3:

I have applied too. Definitely not getting my hopes up but hey, you never know! :D

I'm not saying that at all; I think it's fair enough if you just don't like the new stuff. And hey, there's no denying that they've changed.

And I agree somewhat with the depth to the lyrics, but at the same time, there are some absolute clunkers throughout his career.

I didn't like The Resistance all that much and I'm not raving about what I've heard from The 2nd Law so far. But then there are tracks like that on all Muse albums that I don't like, or don't go mad for. Supermassive Black Hole. Time Is Running Out. Plug In Baby. Resistance.

Nah, I know you're not. It's refreshing for someone not to be saying that. :lol:

Oh yeah, Matt has always had the perchance for a real clanger of lyricism. But these days it is getting more common than not. Or maybe I just notice more now because I've started listening to a lot more music.

And you're right about that too. No Muse album has ever been flawless. If I'm honest, I can't really remember the last album I thought was flawless (maybe Alt-J or Breton; but I'm sure I had some complaints about them at first that I'm not as fussed about now? :laugh3:) I'm holding a tiny candle of hope that the rest is better. Or if not, just sort of listenable so I don't feel like renouncing Muse forever.

Anyone applied for tickets for Muse at the Roundhouse on 30th September? I know there's about 0.000000000001% chance that I will get them but I decided to give it a go anyway :laugh3:

I have too. I have used up all my luck though for the foreseeable future by winning tickets to see SBTRKT though. But I can dream. :P

Nah, I know you're not. It's refreshing for someone not to be saying that. :lol:

Oh yeah, Matt has always had the perchance for a real clanger of lyricism. But these days it is getting more common than not. Or maybe I just notice more now because I've started listening to a lot more music.

And you're right about that too. No Muse album has ever been flawless. If I'm honest, I can't really remember the last album I thought was flawless (maybe Alt-J or Breton; but I'm sure I had some complaints about them at first that I'm not as fussed about now? :laugh3:) I'm holding a tiny candle of hope that the rest is better. Or if not, just sort of listenable so I don't feel like renouncing Muse forever.

I have too. I have used up all my luck though for the foreseeable future by winning tickets to see SBTRKT though. But I can dream. :P

I don't think we'll get many great albums ever again, until music has a bit more money in it. Which won't be any time soon.

If you look at British sport, it's been success of late because of the government-funded projects; I don't see why we can't fund music. Or at least give all kids in schools music lessons, so they grow up knowing what art is.

^It's true. Music now doesn't have the backing; but then sometimes I wonder whether you really do need money to make art and really fantastic music. Some of the best albums of 2011/12 for me have been those just starting out which have the tiniest labels and the least monetary backing going.

I remember wanting to learn guitar at school, and the piano, but we couldn't afford it. So I've grown up with a love of music but absolute no skills or talent in it at all (admittedly I am trying o teach myself guitar).

^It's true. Music now doesn't have the backing; but then sometimes I wonder whether you really do need money to make art and really fantastic music. Some of the best albums of 2011/12 for me have been those just starting out which have the tiniest labels and the least monetary backing going.

I remember wanting to learn guitar at school, and the piano, but we couldn't afford it. So I've grown up with a love of music but absolute no skills or talent in it at all (admittedly I am trying o teach myself guitar).

I was lucky that I had a teacher like Chris Martin had, who let us go and play on the keyboards in school, with no other goal than to "make music". It's from there that I formed a band, and five years later, we play our penultimate show tonight.

And it's true that you don't always need money, but how many bands, releasing their debut records today, would be dropped, thanks to low sales/poor acclaim? Blur, Muse, The Beatles, Nirvana, Kings of Leon, U2, Pulp, Radiohead, Beck, Primal Scream, Jay-Z, Led Zeppelin... for every Stone Roses/Arctic Monkeys/Oasis, I'd say you have four bands who don't quite get it right. Some just need a big tour, time and the right producer to gel together into the band they'll be known as.

When I see Muse live this time, I intend to have sex with a hot girl in front of everyone..... I dont even care if I have to pay someone to come with me... its something I really need to do before I die...

MUSE ROCK

I was thinking earlier, and you know there are a couple of discarded track titles that haven't made The 2nd Law? What if - and this is a long shot - they've done the Bond theme for Skyfall? :P

I was thinking earlier, and you know there are a couple of discarded track titles that haven't made The 2nd Law? What if - and this is a long shot - they've done the Bond theme for Skyfall? :P

That would be absolutely amazing.

It would have to be a mix of Butterflies and Hurricanes and Knights of Cydonia; rock-pomp and classical craziness in equal measure.

Of course, they've probably missed the boat for this one though :(

That's the Kitara isn't it? I think they said in an interview recently that Chris uses it for Madness.

Oh that's what a kitara is?

Now why did I think it was an African, percussive instrument? :inquisitive:

Video's up, and it sucks

I just wanted to be the first on the bandwagon of hatred

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0SgwWmF9w&list=UUGGhM6XCSJFQ6DTRffnKRIw&index=0&feature=plcp]Muse - Madness - YouTube[/ame]