🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Would you get the MB1 or the DL1? And if MB1 then would you get the Red Glitter? (I would :wacky:)

Oh, boo. :sad: I listen to that song so often I know it almost by heart. :heart:

I was crying when they played CE too. Whenever I hear CE I just think of that moment of excitement and bliss (no pun intended) when I heard the first guitar riff. :wacky:

Maybe if I don't use duct tape my callouses will develop faster? :thinking: Oh well. No pain, no gain. :P

I was trying barre chords this morning, and I was all "No. :wreck:" :lol: Maybe in a few weeks. :P But I can play about 8 chords so far. :awesome: I can change between about 5 almost perfectly (okay, for a beginner :P), and then the last three I can do very slowly. :lol:

I've found that my strumming is worse than my finger placement in most cases. :shifty:

Ew, sliding? :sick: :disappointed: Maybe just chords for now. :lol:

That's pretty cool that you got so good through self teaching! :wacko: And I would have been in the same boat if I didn't have a teacher. :hug:

My teacher said that because I know rhythm and I can read music, I should learn the theory part of guitar faster. I'm quite happy about that. :awesome:

I wanted to get then MB-1 Standard with MIDI Control Screen (Red Glitter :P) but it was so expensive and they're out of stock now :disappointed:

Haha me too, i can play it on piano with my eyes closed actually :wacky: One muse song i still can't master on piano is B&H :disappointed:

Me too! :wacky: Too bad they didn't play bliss when i saw them but maybe next time :wacko: They played dead star though :awesome:

Hahaha yeah, but you have to play at least 15 mins everyday or you'll lose those callouses and it'll hurt again :P I stopped playing for a few months cos i was way to busy to pick my guitar and i tried it again and it hurt like when i was a noob and the tip of my fingers were all redish :disappointed:

Good for you! :awesome: Bar chords are harder and your fingers will suffer a lot but you'll master it after a few weeks, just try to press your fingers against the strings as hard as you can so you can get used to the pain :devil: It worked for me haha.

Ahh strumming can be frustrating, you need to do lots of fingers stretching and excercise and try it very slow at first when you play a solo. Random but i love doing a few solos tapping the strings like matt when he plays the new born solo :wacky

Haha yeah, my guitar role model back then was johnny greenwood from radiohead, i read a music magazine back then where he was mocked for being a super bad guitar player and even his band members told him he should pick a different instrument but he kept practising and became a guitar good :wacky: And then years later when i got into muse, i read that matt taught himself how to play the guitar so woop woop! :dance:

YouTube - Muse - House of the Rising Sun[/url]

:heart:

^ :heart: My 2nd favorite cover EVER! :awesome: Covers by Muse are always amazing! :P

Agreed. :wacky:

I wanted to get then MB-1 Standard with MIDI Control Screen (Red Glitter :P) but it was so expensive and they're out of stock now :disappointed:

Haha me too, i can play it on piano with my eyes closed actually :wacky: One muse song i still can't master on piano is B&H :disappointed:

Me too! :wacky: Too bad they didn't play bliss when i saw them but maybe next time :wacko: They played dead star though :awesome:

Hahaha yeah, but you have to play at least 15 mins everyday or you'll lose those callouses and it'll hurt again :P I stopped playing for a few months cos i was way to busy to pick my guitar and i tried it again and it hurt like when i was a noob and the tip of my fingers were all redish :disappointed:

Good for you! :awesome: Bar chords are harder and your fingers will suffer a lot but you'll master it after a few weeks, just try to press your fingers against the strings as hard as you can so you can get used to the pain :devil: It worked for me haha.

Ahh strumming can be frustrating, you need to do lots of fingers stretching and excercise and try it very slow at first when you play a solo. Random but i love doing a few solos tapping the strings like matt when he plays the new born solo :wacky

Haha yeah, my guitar role model back then was johnny greenwood from radiohead, i read a music magazine back then where he was mocked for being a super bad guitar player and even his band members told him he should pick a different instrument but he kept practising and became a guitar good :wacky: And then years later when i got into muse, i read that matt taught himself how to play the guitar so woop woop! :dance:

That's what I would get too. :wacky:

I know, they're so freakin expensive! :disappointed: A bit overpriced, imo as well. :shifty: And I hate how they have that limited stock. They probably felt they would get more customers that way if it was THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE sort of deal. :\ Although I think I heard somewhere that once then DL1 run is done they'll do another one of MB1's. :wacko:

Well, that's acceptable! :P That's a tough song!

I'm so jealous, Dead Star? :freak: :disappointed:

I think the only songs I reeeaaaaallly want to hear live next time I see Muse are Bliss and Ruled By Secrecy, and then I'd feel accomplished. :lol:

Yeah, I'm going to start working on them soon. :nice: And thanks for the tip! :wacko:

My problem with strumming is that I'll miss a string or two, and I'll press too hard. :disappointed: But my fingers are already decently strong from clarinet. :thinking: Mainly my pinkies and thumbs though. :lol:

Tapping looks so awesome. :wacky:

That's pretty inspirational, actually. :wacko:

I'm so jealous, Dead Star? :freak: :disappointed:

I think the only songs I reeeaaaaallly want to hear live next time I see Muse are Bliss and Ruled By Secrecy, and then I'd feel accomplished. :lol:=

You should have gone to Wembley last year! I screamed the instant I heard RBS.

I really want to hear Sunburn and Sing for Absolution.

Woah, 30,000! Congrats! :awesome:

Congrats :hug: We need another celebratory occassion now, right? :vuvuzela:

ETA: I also spelt vuvuzela right on my first go :lol:

ETA2: Muse also blew up my headphones this morning. I started playing slightly loud TiRO and boom went my left earpiece. Now everything is metallic and echo-like. :bigcry:

^^Piano is awesome! :awesome: I only know how to play one Christmas song in it :lol:

^ My little cousins have a keyboard :shifty: a very good one actually...and they just destroy it! I've been tempted to bring it home, but it's to big :| I feel horrible when I see the kids destroying it!

I took formal piano lessons for seven years. Even now, I still play it every now and again, and I start to miss it. :sad: Then I'd remember, "Oh yeah, I'm a horn major for a reason" and forget about it. :tongue:

D: That's terrible! If there's anything that bugs me, it's people who show no respect for musical instruments. This is exactly why I hate it when rock bands (yes, like Muse) destroy their equipment at the end of the show or whatever. It makes me angry. Instruments aren't cheap, and some of them take a good amount of time and effort to make properly. The least you could do is care for it.

...Aaaaand I'm done. Sorry. :embarrassed:

^^ Yeah. :awesome: I can only play some piano parts in songs like Starlight, New Born, Sunburn and other stuff. :lol:

Oh, I love doing stuff like that. I'm always messing around with various instruments playing various songs from various bands. I keep trying to work at playing the piano parts while simultaneously singing. It's not as easy as it looks.

^^ I tried to play Starlight on my cousins' keyboard...BIG FAIL! :lol:

^I thought I was going to learn how to play the drums this year, for free! But drum lessons are on wednesdays and I have classes :disappointed:

Haha, awww. :hug:

Aw, boo. That sucks. :sad:

I can do it! :awesome: I learned most of it by ear, too. The thing with "B&H," though, is that you need endurance if you're going to play the entire thing straight through. The left hand is in octaves pretty much the whole time (with the exception of the prelude), and given that's the max that I can reach somewhat comfortably on the piano (I can only reach as much as a 9th, perhaps a minor 10th if I REALLY stretch my hand out), it hurts like crap after a while.

YouTube - Muse - House of the Rising Sun[/url]

:cheesy: :wacky:

^ :heart: My 2nd favorite cover EVER! :awesome: Covers by Muse are always amazing! :P

Me likey teh Muse coverz. :wacko:

Except Prague. I don't like it at all. :P

Awww, you don't? That's a shame.

I'm dedicating my 30,000th post to the fabulous Muse thread. :wacky: :awesome:

:dazzled:

Awesomesauce. :awesome: Congratulations!

Congrats!! :dance::dance:

D: That's terrible! If there's anything that bugs me, it's people who show no respect for musical instruments. This is exactly why I hate it when rock bands (yes, like Muse) destroy their equipment at the end of the show or whatever. It makes me angry. Instruments aren't cheap, and some of them take a good amount of time and effort to make properly. The least you could do is care for it.

Agree :\ When bands destroy really good instruments it just makes me scream "NOOO!! Just give it to me!!" :|

Aw, boo. That sucks. :sad:

Yeah... :\

Me likey teh Muse coverz. :wacko:

:awesome:

ETA2: Muse also blew up my headphones this morning. I started playing slightly loud TiRO and boom went my left earpiece. Now everything is metallic and echo-like. :bigcry:

Aw, I hate it when that happens!

It's usually Muse who blows them up for me too... :inquisitive:

Oh, I love doing stuff like that. I'm always messing around with various instruments playing various songs from various bands. I keep trying to work at playing the piano parts while simultaneously singing. It's not as easy as it looks.

Tell me about it :lol: I thought I'd be really cool and sing New Born whilst playing the intro. I failed.

Awww, you don't? That's a shame.

I've tried to like it, I just can't. :\

I have to say though, the note that Matt holds in it for about 18 seconds is impressive.

Congrats! :D

I can do it! :awesome: I learned most of it by ear, too. The thing with "B&H," though, is that you need endurance if you're going to play the entire thing straight through. The left hand is in octaves pretty much the whole time (with the exception of the prelude), and given that's the max that I can reach somewhat comfortably on the piano (I can only reach as much as a 9th, perhaps a minor 10th if I REALLY stretch my hand out), it hurts like crap after a while.

Octaves are my least favorite thing to do on the piano, as pretty as they sound. :shifty:

That's really cool that you learned it by ear!

Woah, 30,000! Congrats! :awesome:

congrats Christina:hug:

Thanks! :cheesy:

You should have gone to Wembley last year! I screamed the instant I heard RBS.

I really want to hear Sunburn and Sing for Absolution.

Oh yeah, those too. :wacko:

I also need to hear most of Showbiz, but I doubt that's going to happen. :disappointed:

Congrats :hug: We need another celebratory occassion now, right? :vuvuzela:

ETA: I also spelt vuvuzela right on my first go :lol:

Thanks! :lol:

Congratulations! :laugh4: :P

That made me lol. :wacky: Only Muse could blow out your headphones. :awesome:

...Aaaaand I'm done. Sorry. :embarrassed:

Awesomesauce. :awesome: Congratulations!

I know, I agree. There are so many poor people in the world, and Matt's wasting his money replacing guitars he needlessly smashes. :shifty:

And think of all the time put into that guitar. :bigcry:

I would try to sing I Belong To You while playing it on my clarinet, but that's not really possible, so. . . .:anxious:

Congrats!! :dance::dance:

Agree :\ When bands destroy really good instruments it just makes me scream "NOOO!! Just give it to me!!" :|

Thanks! :awesome

Inorite? :freak: I'd gladly take it! :bigcry:

^^ About the headphones, You should demand a compensation to Muse! "I hate you! Because of your amazing music my headphones exploded!" :P

^ I want to listen to New Born, Bliss and The Small Print live :awesome:

Whoa, you didn't get New Born at your show? I did notice they didn't play it at some shows this tour, though. Some people have complained because it's been slowed down, and also because Morgan does the piano intro, but it's always a reliable rocker.

Bliss is five minutes of face-melting and pogo-ing. I had to go to several shows before I finally got to hear it, though.

I'd love to hear The Small Print one day. Those videos I've seen with Chris's vocals are awesome.