✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ BRIT Awards 2012 (Tues 21st Feb, O2 Arena, London) // Charlie Brown performance, MX album

Mimixxx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to vote but apparently I need to create an account, and their website won't let me do it! :\ (they keep telling me there's something wrong with the word verification, when I actually write exactly what's on the fucking picture! :angry: )

I guess I'll try later, maybe it will work eventually :\

Bookies name Adele and Coldplay as early favourites for Brit Awards

Ed Sheeran is also tipped to take home at least one statue next month

Adele and Coldplay have been named as early favourites to nab the major awards at this year's Brit Awards by bookmakers.

Adele is the overwhelming favourite to win the award for Best Award for her monstrously successful second album '21', with William Hill giving her odds of 2/7 to take home the award.

The 'Someone Like You' star's odds are far ahead of the other contenders, which are Florence & The Machine at 5/1, Coldplay, who are 7/1 to win for 'Mylo Xyloto, Mercury winner PJ Harvey, who has been given odds of 10/1 and Ed Sheeran, who is rated at 12/1 to win with his debut record '+'.

The singer is also hot favourite to win Best British Female at 1/4, way ahead of other contenders Jessie J at 9/2, Florence & The Machine at 8/1, Laura Marling, who is 12/1 and Kate Bush, who is way back at 16/1.

Coldplay are favourites to win Best British group at 1/2, just behind are Kasabian, who are 4/1, then Chase & Status and Elbow who are both 7/1 and the Arctic Monkeys, who are ranked at 8/1 to win.

Ed Sheeran is the favourite to grab the Best British Male award at 5/4. He is ahead of Professor Green, who is 7/2, Noel Gallagher, who is 11/8, James Blake, who is 12/1 and James Morrison, who is 14/1.

Boyband One Direction are favourite to win Best Single, with their debut hit 'What Makes You Beautiful' rated 3/1. The winner for this award is decided via an online vote.

Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Adele scored the most nominations for the awards, which will take place at the O2 Arena on February 21. Blur will receive the Outstanding Contribution To Music award at the 2012 event.

Previous winners of that gong include the band's Britpop rivals Oasis, as well as Paul McCartney, The Who, U2 and Queen.

Visit Brits.co.uk for the full list of nominees.

link

coldplay.png

BAND UP FOR TWO AWARDS - VOTE TO HELP THEM WIN

Hello. We're very pleased to report that Coldplay have been nominated for the Best British Album and Best British Group awards at the 2012 BRITS.

We'd very much appreciate it if you'd vote for the band to win the British Group award by clicking here. Thank you.

home_brits.jpg

The ceremony will take place on 21 February 2012 at The O2 in London - and it's also been confirmed that Coldplay will be performing live on the night.

Coldplay.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sharon hanley[/url]

Did i just hear @JKCorden tell @Jowhiley on @bbcradio2 that @NoelGallagher + Chris Martin will perform together at The Brits? #whoop

Retweeted by Jo Whiley

link

Audio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00nz1nl

I can't listen to it (not available in my area) so I don't know when they start talking about it.

James Corden says that he thinks Chris is going to accompany Noel on piano.