✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No DVD today...... wtf.......... Now I have to wait until Monday!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Next time they release something I'm not gonna pre-order! I'd much rather go to the store and buy it so I get it on release date. Not 1 f'ing week later...

I bought the Blu-Ray and lithograph bundle. I thought it was a decent film, but way overproduced. It felt almost more like one long trailer for itself than anything of real substance. I would have much preferred a live show in its entirety along with some extras including interviews with the band and perhaps a tour diary, more like Live 2003 (which was excellent).

I completely relate to your thoughts here LARD! It is overproduced, but the studio album and the live audio have been overproduced during the MX era also. I would have preferred that they separate the band member musings as a tour diary and have a fllowing live concert like they did for the superb Live 2003 DVD. I'm amazed at how short this production is in comparison.

However, the live footage of the band is absolutely brilliant as usual, and they work very hard at what they do... but I'll be glad when this overblown MX era is at an end. I know I'm being a little critical, but I know what kind of wonderful live atmosphere Coldplay are capable of creating, especially without the pre-recorded background strings and synths that they use these days.

They've got some great camera angles in Live 2012, but your characterization of it as a long trailer of itself sums it up quite well. It's a film, not the "live"concert I was hoping for. And you're right, the prerecorded strings, synths, and even vocals (really auspicious during Hurts Like Heaven) don't help with the live atmosphere. I'd rather have them take a 5th member onboard to play keyboards for the sampled strings and synths. At least then there would be a visible musician contributing that part of the show as opposed to an invisible sound engineer.

Coldplay are still a great band and I do find some great moments in this latest DVD, I'd just prefer to see and hear them in a less processed form.

So I've received a second lithograph in the post today. Numbered #2XXX whilst the first was numbered #3XXX. I haven't got a clue in which order they were numbered. Anyway, do I keep #2XXX or #3XXX? As understandably I'd like to keep the earliest lithograph.

I also don't know if I have to send it back with the second DVD, this has to be specified by the company who sent me them, but they do not mention the second lithograph, I'll (maybe) sell it to anybody who was unfortunate enough not to get one. I hope this isn't unreasonable.

I'm really feeling empathy for you guys that have placed pre-orders and still don't have them yet. :( I almost placed and advanced order the week before the release with Amazon.com, but then I realized I was going to be off the past Monday and remembered my local Best Buy's track record for getting new releases in stock. I walked in Monday morning at 11:00 AM, and they already had them out in the "New Release" section.

Anyway, I really hope you all get your copies soon... I've been on the other side of this equation a few times myself and it's not a pleasant place to be if you're eagerly anticipating something.

Any filipinos here? Is the CD/DVD available already in the Philippines? I'm itching to get one NOW. I called Astroplus and I think the lady has no idea on what she's talking about.

I need to confirm this with my fellow filipinos :(

I'm regretting pre-ordering now. Mine still hasn't arrived and from the sounds of things, the litho isn't anything special?

And DVD in stores here is MUCH cheaper than the price I paid for online. So yeah, not sure why I pre-ordered it. *sigh*