✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012, Wembley Stadium, London, England

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay performs at Summertime Ball; ‘Viva La Vida’ dedicated to ‘Beliebers’

5e885837050f3a23933f5e9ef6443b80.jpg

Coldplay got caught up in Justin Bieber fever on Saturday afternoon at the London's Wembley Stadium. Talking to the 80,000 fans who arrived at the stadium to see the entire show, the band played one of their best songs ever Viva La Vida and before they began they dedicated to some very special fans at the Capital FM Summertime Ball.

Coldplay must have known they were surrounded by Justin Bieber fans. After peforming several songs the band decided to dedicate the single Viva La Vida to all the Justin Bieber fans who are known as Beliebers.

“Do we have any Beliebers?” asked Chris Martin, the lead singer of Coldplay. The crowd erupted as the fans definitely admitted they were partially there to hear Justin Bieber perform live. “OK, let's play this for the Believers in the house.”

Take a look at the video clip of Coldplay honoring those Justin Bieber fans with their hit single. No doubt the fans (and Justin too) really appreciated it!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fazphDy07o[/ame]

link

Coldplay performs at Summertime Ball; ‘Viva La Vida’ dedicated to ‘Beliebers’

5e885837050f3a23933f5e9ef6443b80.jpg

Coldplay got caught up in Justin Bieber fever on Saturday afternoon at the London's Wembley Stadium. Talking to the 80,000 fans who arrived at the stadium to see the entire show, the band played one of their best songs ever Viva La Vida and before they began they dedicated to some very special fans at the Capital FM Summertime Ball.

Coldplay must have known they were surrounded by Justin Bieber fans. After peforming several songs the band decided to dedicate the single Viva La Vida to all the Justin Bieber fans who are known as Beliebers.

“Do we have any Beliebers?” asked Chris Martin, the lead singer of Coldplay. The crowd erupted as the fans definitely admitted they were partially there to hear Justin Bieber perform live. “OK, let's play this for the Believers in the house.”

Take a look at the video clip of Coldplay honoring those Justin Bieber fans with their hit single. No doubt the fans (and Justin too) really appreciated it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fazphDy07o

link

Dat opinion. :cool:

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-10%20at%2007.51.59.png

Manchester & Wembley panoramas

10 June 2012 7:57 am

Check out our hi-res photos from Saturday's shows in London and Manchester

news_line.png

Good morning. Yesterday, Coldplay managed to play two stadium shows in one day - their own at Manchester's Etihad Stadium and as part of Capital Radio's Summertime Ball at London's Wembley Stadium. Here are Roadie #42's crowd panoramas - click the pics for the hi-res versions.

MANCHESTER ETIHAD STADIUM, SATURDAY

20120609Manc1_Small.jpg

LONDON WEMBLEY STADIUM, SATURDAY

20120609WembleyCrowd_Small.jpg

Anchorman

Was anyone at this yesterday?

I went with my daughter and although I loved them, and the lady in the row in front loved them, the majority of the people around me weren't too fussed which I found really sad!*

Having said that, the standing crowd looked amazing during Charlie Brown, and there was lots of singing along during Paradise.

Chris was humble as ever (made some comment about letting everyone get on with the rest of their day like Coldplay were imposing on us or something!! I could've quite happily left after their set - the rest was an endurance test!), the Rihanna video went wrong during POC so Chris ended up singing some of Rihanna's lines. In a Coldplay show he would've started again but there he couldn't so just carried on.

Kelly Clarkson (who I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by) followed Coldplay and made some jokey comment about how great it was having Coldplay open for her! Cheeky moo! It was all in jest though!!

I don't know....they were of course amazing as ever but I'm still not quite sure why they played it. The whole place was up for Flo Rida yet sitting during Viva - what's that all about?!

Mrs Spoon x

* just wanted to add to that that maybe I'm reading too much into this as I remember being at Wembley for Coldplay in 2009 and there were quite a few people around me then who didn't seem too fussed!

Video + Audio download -> http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93745

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFWqOWnsm0]Coldplay - Charlie Brown (Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCKnrlODVg]Coldplay - Paradise (Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiEhSqww1yE]Coldplay - Viva la Vida (Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPZEnE6Tcc]Coldplay - Backstage Interview (Capital FM's Summertime Ball 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Was anyone at this yesterday?

I went with my daughter and although I loved them, and the lady in the row in front loved them, the majority of the people around me weren't too fussed which I found really sad!*

Having said that, the standing crowd looked amazing during Charlie Brown, and there was lots of singing along during Paradise.

Chris was humble as ever (made some comment about letting everyone get on with the rest of their day like Coldplay were imposing on us or something!! I could've quite happily left after their set - the rest was an endurance test!), the Rihanna video went wrong during POC so Chris ended up singing some of Rihanna's lines. In a Coldplay show he would've started again but there he couldn't so just carried on.

Kelly Clarkson (who I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by) followed Coldplay and made some jokey comment about how great it was having Coldplay open for her! Cheeky moo! It was all in jest though!!

I don't know....they were of course amazing as ever but I'm still not quite sure why they played it. The whole place was up for Flo Rida yet sitting during Viva - what's that all about?!

Mrs Spoon x

* just wanted to add to that that maybe I'm reading too much into this as I remember being at Wembley for Coldplay in 2009 and there were quite a few people around me then who didn't seem too fussed!

Well from the videos we can see that the crowd was not very much into it. But they probably expected that. That's why they played few of the hits. Imagine what would've happened if they played I don't know Major Minus or even better Warning Sign people would be WTF is that. As its said in the article few posts back , the stadium was full of Justin Bieber fans. And if someone is a Bieber fan he/she most certainly is not a Coldplay fan. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

But at least we know that some people like you and lady in front of you are fans and you enjoyed that 30min set. :)

Well from the videos we can see that the crowd was not very much into it. But they probably expected that. That's why they played few of the hits. Imagine what would've happened if they played I don't know Major Minus or even better Warning Sign people would be WTF is that. As its said in the article few posts back , the stadium was full of Justin Bieber fans. And if someone is a Bieber fan he/she most certainly is not a Coldplay fan. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

But at least we know that some people like you and lady in front of you are fans and you enjoyed that 30min set. :)

I'm a mum to a Belieber and didn't even know it! I don't know how she knew all the words but she did!

Lol, Warning Sign - can you imagine?! Would've cleared the stadium I reckon!!

I've thought about this some more and if I hadn't seen Coldplay last Saturday at the Emirates I'd probably feel completely different about it. Nothing can compare to that, very jealous to those of you off to Manchester tonight!

I'm a mum to a Belieber and didn't even know it! I don't know how she knew all the words but she did!

Lol, Warning Sign - can you imagine?! Would've cleared the stadium I reckon!!

I've thought about this some more and if I hadn't seen Coldplay last Saturday at the Emirates I'd probably feel completely different about it. Nothing can compare to that, very jealous to those of you off to Manchester tonight!

If they played Warning Sign the toilets would have been full. :P Yeah Coldplay gig is Coldplay gig. All the lights, and balloons and confetti and xylobands and crowd cheering and dancing to every song. :)

On twitter

At the Summertime Ball, Coldplay sang Rule The World and dedicated it to Beliebers! @JustinsOurBoy

Oh god, think this says it all!

:facepalm:

My 13 year old daughter is both a Coldplay fan and a Bieber fan, but look at who she has for a mom ;)

oops...:)

Spinal Tap moment - they came out early as the intro video was still on and then left hehe One of the technical hitches mentioned by Chris...

Looks as though Jonny was actually playing....and their video stuff had started.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JT-4wBsig&feature=channel&list=UL]Summertime Ball Intro and Coldplay Part 1 on 9 June 2012 002.MTS - YouTube[/ame]

Spinal Tap moment - they came out early as the intro video was still on and then left hehe One of the technical hitches mentioned by Chris...

Looks as though Jonny was actually playing....and their video stuff had started.

Summertime Ball Intro and Coldplay Part 1 on 9 June 2012 002.MTS - YouTube

I know :( Poor Chris came on, walked around the stage all ready to start and they were still announcing who was on the line up! So Coldplay were there on stage ready to start and then all the teenies are screaming when they mention Justin Bieber, The Wanted etc!

Summertime Ball Intro and Coldplay Part 1 on 9 June 2012 002.MTS - YouTube

Hahaa it looks really funny, Jonny is already moving along to ETIAW and Guy is already playing his keyboard:P

Forgot to add my review of this. I was sat right at the back, and it was only myself and a girl 7 or 8 seats down who cared. I didn't fancy being the only person standing up for them, but I did go crazy sitting down :D Majority of people didn't care about them really, which proved to me they're just not meant for the pop crowd, and maybe shouldn't try so hard to mix it with them. As I had been to the Emirates 5 days previous, I wasn't bothered by the lack of atmosphere. Princess of China messing up didn't help. But ah well, I enjoyed it, then hit the watered-down, overpriced Carlsbergs to make the rest of the show go by easier. :laugh3:

Was amazing to see them two times in one week; first at the emirates on the monday and then at the summertime ball on saturday! I was singing every single word of theres the whole way through and made sure everyone was aware they were the best act there and tried my best to put all the beliebers to shame haha :P i also loved how even when they had left the stage, they were in a way still there the whole night because those inflatible balls were in the crowd till the very end! :P

• 6 months later...

548646_470968382961492_1376742549_n.png

Capital FM

And the winner is....us...and Coldplay! Thank you everyone.

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/coldplay/news/summertime-ball-2012-best-wembley-moment/

Coldplay's Capital FM Summertime Ball Performance Crowned Best Wembley Moment Of 2012

20th December 2012, 09:53

Capital's FM summer extravaganza dominated the poll of events at the stadium in London.

Coldplay's performance at Capital FM's Summertime Ball in London has been crowned Wembley Stadium's best moment of 2012.

The band topped a Facebook poll conducted by the stadium, which also saw Justin Bieber's Summertime Ball performance come third.

Coldplay also beat an Olympic Team GB goal and an FA Cup Final wonder save to top the survey with 71% of the vote.

The group delighted the 80,000-strong sold-out crowd with a performance of hits spanning their career, as well as songs from their recent album 'Mylo Xyloto'.

To celebrate Coldplay’s achievement, Wembley Stadium is gifting them a personalised commemorative stone immortalising their Summertime Ball performance, which will appear on Wembley Way alongside other legends such as Sir Geoff Hurst.

Coldplay were among a host of stars who played the Summertime Ball in London this summer.

Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin said: "This is a great honour for us. We doff our cap to Capital FM and their amazing summertime extravaganza, and we're completely humbled by our incredible fans who voted for us.

"This award is for them - and for our physics-defying crew - and we hope the stone on Wembley Way makes them proud."

The Stone commemorating this achievement will be laid on Wembley Way in the New Year. Fans can get their own stone at wembleystadium.com/wembleyway .

This really pisses me off. A short cameo amongst other artists at a naff concert is the best Wembley moment of 2012? Not a fucking chance. Wembley is the home of football and it should have been awarded to a football team. My football team, Crewe Alexandra were also in the competition and we had the biggest and proudest moment in our history, grown men crying tears of joy. It should have been a football team, this is bullshit. We're a very small football club, unfair competition, never had a chance.

This really pisses me off. A short cameo amongst other artists at a naff concert is the best Wembley moment of 2012? Not a fucking chance. Wembley is the home of football and it should have been awarded to a football team. My football team, Crewe Alexandra were also in the competition and we had the biggest and proudest moment in our history, grown men crying tears of joy. It should have been a football team, this is bullshit. We're a very small football club, unfair competition, never had a chance.

Blame Wembley Stadium, they decided to add non-football moments.