✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a doubt. If we buy the six Issues from the official website, they will be shipped as the issues are released (monthly) right? The standard international shipping price is Us$15,00.

Will we pay this only once or six times (once they will be sent one by one)?

Right and you will only have to pay shipping costs once.

Mylo-1-Cover_0.png

Every album begins with the germ of an idea, every song tells a story, and now it is finally revealed that there is a secret other worldly narrative behind Coldplay’s newest hit album and its enigmatic title “Mylo Xyloto.” Three years ago, Coldplay and front man Chris Martin teamed up with Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, MORE, and the upcoming The Little Prince) to create Mylo's epic story that has gone on to inspire chart-toppers like “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” “Paradise,” “Princess of China” and “Hurts Like Heaven” -- which has its own MYLO XYLOTO COMIC-themed music video providing insight into the backstory of this new universe, and a glimpse of Mylo himself. Prepare to experience the world of Coldplay in a whole new way with this brand-new six-issue miniseries!

link

Mylo Xyloto #1

No, we’re not fans of Coldplay or pretentious rock operas.

But we are fans of Bongo Comics. Bongo, for those unfamiliar, is essentially Matt Groening’s vanity publishing label. Being worth insane amounts of money means Groening doesn’t have to print anything he doesn’t want to, and Bongo has essentially been putting out Simpsons and Futurama comics, as well as Spongebob Squarepants, although it does occasionally put out other material Groening is interested in, like Sergio Aragones’ work.

So, the fact that he’s voluntarily publishing this means either Groening is the biggest Coldplay fan ever, or there’s some sort of virtue to this book. Either way, our interest is piqued. If the book’s good enough for the creator of The Simpsons to think it belongs on the stands, then we want to see why he believes that.

link

mxcomic2.jpg

Mylo Xyloto comic first issue out today!

13 February 2013 9:29 pm

First of six parts of the MX comic hits shops

news_line.png

Good evening. The first issue of the Mylo Xyloto comic - which tells the story behind the album - is officially released today. You should now be able to find it in all good comic shops in North America, with shops elsewhere (including the UK) expected to have it soon. You can also order the full six issue series from the Coldplay Shop.

To find out more about the comic series, click for a Q&A with the its co-creator Mark Osborne.

Anchorman

mxcomic1.jpg

I got mine today from a local comic shop. I walked in and a guy asked if he could help me find anything. I said, "Yes I am looking for a new comic that came out today, its called Mylo Xyloto." The guy looked at me like I had 5 heads :laugh3: But someone else knew exactly what I was talking about. It's a good comic. Can't wait to read Issue #2! I also noticed something interesting, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not read it yet so read this if you have already read it. It is not a huge spoiler, it is just something small that I noticed:

I noticed that the lyrics for Paradise were in this issue, and the preview for issue 2 had Charlie Brown lyrics, so including the HLH video, I think that we are going to see song lyrics in the order of the album throughout each issue, if that makes sense. Just something that I thought was interesting, nothing too huge :)

I'm wondering why they couldn't put it up on iTunes? The Friendship Is Magic comics saw a digital release, why couldn't a comic on a much grander scale be on iTunes too? It'll make life way more convenient, considering we are, as humanity, transitioning from the modern age to the digital age.

P.S. It's also environmentally friendly :P

I hope they somehow find their way to Amazon, because the normal shipping is a lot faster and I don't find it that expensive.

So, in the meantime no MX comic for me :(

I've seen them on Amazon, well on the US Amazon. You just type in Mylo Xyloto Comics. Not sure if that's any help to you or not. :\