✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Albums of the Year 2012 - Voting

Alien Radio

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Absolutely Terrible Albums of 2012 (in alphabetical order):

Alt-J - An Awesome Wave (how did this win the Mercury Prize over Jessie Ware? :facepalm:)

Best Coast - The Only Place

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Mumford & Sons - Babel

Muse - The 2nd Law (aka worst album of the last 5 years :sick2:)

Passion Pit - Gossamer

Ultraista - Ultraista (no one would care about them if Nigel Godrich wasn't involved)

The Shins - Port of Morrow

Sleigh Bells - The Reign of Terror

The Vaccines - Come of Age

I actually agree to a certain extent on some of this. Especially with Passion Pit. God, that album sounds hideous. :sick:

some of those album covers are cool looking but when its ironic i guess but when they´re trying to be serious omfg nO

also with the debate of best music and worst music in decades are we talking in general or in the mainstream? or underground? i think theres just always contrast, if theres shit music somewhere theres gotta be good music

I don't agree with Parrot-Dies about much, but the 90s were quality. I'd go back and live it again if I could.

I just don't get the Cloud Nothings, Grimes, Passion Pit, Ariel Pink hype. By contrast, I don't particularly enjoy the Frank Ocean album (just have a stylistic block to that type of music), but I respect the quality of its writing and production.

Where I'm from, R&B is really uncool. Frank Ocean and The Weeknd make it cool.

The 90s were the best era in music ever. Followed closely by the 70s.

i like the 60s, the 70s, the 80s, the 90s, the 00s and the 10s so this is a great opinion:

I am adamant that the present is and always will be the best time for music

i probably listen to older stuff half of the time and new music the other half

it's interesting the parrot skipped the 60s and the 80s which are generally considered "the best", for different reasons

also with the debate of best music and worst music in decades are we talking in general or in the mainstream? or underground? i think theres just always contrast, if theres shit music somewhere theres gotta be good music

personally, i think of artists and songs that defined a certain era, so mainstream

it's kinda sad that kids in 20 years from now will be nostalgic about nicki minaj etc although there is a lot of good music today

(nothing against nicki, her verse in monster was one of the best of all time. of all time!)