✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: 'We've got a name for our next album'

Tash

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay working on new album

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has revealed the band have already started work on their new album, a follow-up to last year's 'Mylo Xyloto'.

Coldplay have already started work on their new album.

The band's frontman Chris Martin says the group are working on tracks for the next LP, a follow-up to last year's 'Mylo Xyloto', and laughed off reports they were going to have a three-year break.

He told the Daily Star newspaper: ''I've been writing songs and I'm so fired up about the band's future.

''I'm fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop. This three-year break idea only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years.

''That's probably true, but that's just how a world tour works. No chance are we taking a three-year break.''

Chris says the group - also made up of Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion - continue to make music as they want to support children's charity.

He said: ''If we don't work hard we make less money to give Kids Company. We're very spoiled and that's a constant motivator to keep going. Our work with the charity is ongoing. We just tried to buy a building for them near our studio in London, but got gazumped.

''It was probably Radiohead that outbid us.''

link

Source of all the other articles:

COLDPLAY EYE NEW LP

285333_1.jpg

COLDPLAY fans have got an early Christmas present – the band is secretly working on a new album.

Laughing off reports that he and the lads are taking a three-year break, Chris Martin told me in an exclusive interview that they had begun working on the follow-up to last year’s mega-selling Mylo Xyloto.

Chris, 35, told me: “I’ve been writing songs and I’m so fired up about the band’s future.

“I’m fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop. This three-year break idea only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years.

“That’s probably true, but that’s just how a world tour works. No chance are we taking a three-year break.”

The charming frontman was speaking at the launch of an exhibition of Coldplay photos and artwork in aid of children’s charity Kids Company.

And the dad of two reckons working with them inspires the band to keep making music.

Chris said: “If we don’t work hard we make less money to give Kids Company. We’re very spoiled and that’s a constant motivator to keep going. Our work with the charity is ongoing. We just tried to buy a building for them near our studio in London, but got gazumped.

“It was probably Radiohead that outbid us.”

The exhibition includes the huge canvas the band helped paint for the cover of Mylo Xyloto.

Chris laughed: “It’s mildly embarrassing to see the painting again. It’s not exactly a Monet or Matisse.

“But it’s for a good cause and I’m happy to see it because it reminds me of all the ideas we had for the album, which I’m proud of.”

link

^ Yeah...I was wondering that. Is the early Christmas present telling us about LP6 or is it LP6 itself? I think it's just the news.

You're probably right... But I think we're probably looking at a late 2013 release. I think the MX tour really energised the boys!

You're probably right... But I think we're probably looking at a late 2013 release. I think the MX tour really energised the boys!

It won't be. The MX comics will be lasting until mid-2013, so it'd be weird to release a new album right after.

They seem relatively far into the album, where have they found the time to decide what they want to do and to write it? I think you'd be better of writing a new album when you're not currently in the middle of touring another personally

Not necessarily. They knew of MX when they were finishing their VLV tour.

• 10 months later...