✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: 'We've got a name for our next album'

Tash

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh stop living in the past please. Bands don't grow as musicians if they keep making Parachutes or Rush of Blood.

I was mostly just kidding and paraphrasing a comment that Chris made before X&Y came out... that it was part oldplay and part boldplay. I would like more of a Viva sound then an MX sound though... that much I will say.

Can't say I think we're looking at a full album in 2013. They suggested the postponing of the shows was due to "unforeseen circumstances". I really can't imagine they would postpone shows to work on the album. I think they'd consider that being unfair to those fans.

If anything I'd think we could get an EP.

But having a title doesn't mean anything. They had MX's title in 2009.

They're also known, for us fans who follow this type of news closely, for changing their minds and directions quite often.

Until we have an announcement or hear about them in mixing, I'd say hold off on strong speculation.

But all that said, really have to doubt we'll get a whole album in 2013.

2014/very-early 2015. I'm calling it now.

- Viva released in 2008.

- Like you said, they had an album title in 2009. The remained of the year was spent touring.

- 2010 was mostly a quiet year, aside from the Latin American tour, and the release of Christmas Lights at the end of 2010.

- 2011 was the year we got everything.

Based off how MX has come along thus far, I presume:

- MX released in 2011; MX Tour officially began

- 2012 was spent touring

- 2013 will (hopefully) include the Latin American tour, and then the band goes quiet for a while

- Sometime in 2014, we'll hear rumors of new material, along with small teases

LP6 will definitely release in 2014/early-2015.

Last tuesday after the Huawei live stream, Will and Guy did an interview on 2dayfm (in Australia) and at the very end, the interviewer said "I cannot wait to hear the songs you're writing next year".

I'm 95.6% sure he was just saying that.

Or maybe he knows something. :awesome:

I don't care what they make as long as they make their lyrics meaningful and heartfelt.

I didn't feel MX was up to their usual standard of lyrical genius :disappointed:

They started to go down a "write anything that rhymes and throw it together" road, I felt.

^ I'm hoping for better lyrics than "every teardrop is a waterfall"...

I think speaking of the actual live shows, this era was amazing but I was not really convinced of the song qualities (not saying that it was bad, just that I believe Coldplay could produce better material)

I freaking loved the Viva era. It had something special to it that none of the other era had. I just can't put my finger on it...

Yes! It just sounds like a whole different band, everithing about it was magical and mysterious. From the lyrics to the sound, I'm afraid they'll never make such a great work as Viva la Vida.

I think speaking of the actual live shows, this era was amazing but I was not really convinced of the song qualities (not saying that it was bad, just that I believe Coldplay could produce better material)

:nod:

Yes! It just sounds like a whole different band, everithing about it was magical and mysterious. From the lyrics to the sound, I'm afraid they'll never make such a great work as Viva la Vida.

I don't think they'll ever go back. But I miss better lyrics as well. Even though the lyrics for UATW and UWTB were amazing. :)

I don't think they'll ever go back. But I miss better lyrics as well. Even though the lyrics for UATW and UWTB were amazing. :)

I agree....Those two songs from thw MX era were amaZing! I even liked Hurts like Heaven's lyrics....it was new! Actually I want the band to take a break and produce a really really good record! Viva is my all time favorite album! I wish they could regain back that quality!

How to make a good LP6:

• More love songs
  • More acustic songs
  • Featuring with artist like Richard Ashcroft, Noel Gallagher...

^ No more collaborations please!

How to make a good LP6:

• More love songs
  • More acoustic songs
  • More rock songs

Like Tash said no more collaborations!

I don't care what they make as long as they make their lyrics meaningful and heartfelt.

I didn't feel MX was up to their usual standard of lyrical genius :disappointed:

They started to go down a "write anything that rhymes and throw it together" road, I felt.

Moving to Mars is MX era too and I think it's a great song.

How to make a good LP6:

• Stop writing childish [sometimes senseless] lyrics

I think, whatever direction they choose for next album, it's going to be very interesting anyway. Seeing them so confident and relaxed at the moment has made me hope for something special.

For me, MX will always be a Coldplay's pop album and I really love it as a whole. It was produced like that and it is very good as a pop album, but that’s enough of para-para and wa-wa-wa this time for me. :D

I think, next album will be definately less pop sounding. Still they will try to continue to carry on this colourful and massive stadium filling sound, that’s what I think after seeing the movie. Seeing how much they enjoy big live shows at the moment, it seems impossible that they are going to quiet and acoustic direction.

So, I hope next one will carry on Mylo Xyloto’s stadium filling sound, but I prefer songs little bit less produced. Compared to MX, I would love more simple and genius songs like Politik, Clocks, The Scientist and Fix You. MX was really lacking that, I guess.

But what kind of sound will they choose?

My dream would be a mash up of X&Y and Viva sounds, and little bit of MX’s colourfulness sprayed over it...

I feel that with MX they have kind of finished building strong basis as a band. Now is the time to step to the next level of creativeness and bang out something really genius and special!

That's my opinion :)

No, you're not, I like to have some semi-acoustic songs like UFO and Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, but I'd rather having something else and a bit bolder.

I like a balanced album, with some slow and some fast songs, so definitely an all-acoustic LP6 would not go down so well with me either :)

I'm in no hurry for LP6 but when it comes, I hope it has an adventurous vibe to it. If you get what I mean. Viva had that special feeling I can't describe. MX has a sense of freedom of, freedom from and freedom to do whatever the fuck you want. I'm sure they can mash something epic together. :D