✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

End of the road? Coldplay announce three-year hiatus during performance in Brisbane

Tash

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he might have just refering to Australia cause he tends to say that thing of "We're not be touring here for three years" in lots of paces. The article might have just omitted the "here" part. Anyways, they do deserve a break, but it would be lovely they re schedule the La tour first, if not we'd have to wait for another 5 or 6 years for them to come back and I don't even want to think about it :(

one day journalists may learn that Chris is not a reliable source of information, especially not in the middle of a concert :P

for example, at the concert i went to during the VLV tour, he said Guy was going to be on America's Got Talent as a naked flamenco dancer. did this happen? :no:

Thank you. This made me laugh. He did say they were opening a theme park!

In any case, this is non news. I think he meant it's their last big show in Australia, he says that in LA every time he's here,"we won't be here for a long time." No big deal. Rest. Next album. Next tour, simple as that.

lol, Chris Martin is such a troll :P

I think he might have just refering to Australia cause he tends to say that thing of "We're not be touring here for three years" in lots of paces. The article might have just omitted the "here" part. Anyways, they do deserve a break, but it would be lovely they re schedule the La tour first, if not we'd have to wait for another 5 or 6 years for them to come back and I don't even want to think about it :(

^this

let's hope december brings good news for us

'indie band'

................?

It's just an easy and quick way of describing them - even though they aren't, it's how they were described years ago, when they got famous, so it's how they're remembered - I don't think the one who wrote the article actually means Coldplay are an indie band. Their music is quite hard to characterize exactly in 1/2 words anyway.

I was at the concert in Brisbane... he said he meant he wouldnt be back to australia for 3 years (much to my sadness :(

Yeah, that's what I thought because that would make more sense.

Anyway, I hope this isn't true because there's also still Asia the MX tour hasn't come to yet...

Then they can take whatever break they want. :P

Isn't it always when a tour and era is ending, it takes 3 years or so until a band is touring(the big venues) again? There's nothing strange about that, it's even on the dutch news:O people are taking this far too seriously I think.

Isn't it always when a tour and era is ending, it takes 3 years or so until a band is touring(the big venues) again? There's nothing strange about that, it's even on the dutch news:O people are taking this far too seriously I think.

Yeah, they can´t tour every year, there has to be a bigger break, because even if it is fun, with time it gets exhaustig. They take a break now, work on their new album and than we will see them back on the stage in America, Europe and Australia.

The indie band released their fifth studio album in October 2011, and followed the chart-topping record with a huge 92-date tour in April, after which they travelled to Europe, Asia, Australia and America.

God I hate that phrase, no I loath it. Christ it's Alternative people get it right :angry:

This just shows how big Coldplay are today. They mention the usual break length and right after everyone is like OHMYGOD NO THEY'RE TAKING A HIATUS NO EVEN WORSE WHAT IF THEY SPLIT UP OMG

:nod: everyone exaggerates, and journalists are always the first to make too much of it, driving fans mad and panicked.

i heard it from a friend today. i was out and i told her that that was absolutely impossible for many reasons... but in the way home i started panicking... there were legitimate reasons for panicking. if someone said that before they'd announced the cancellation of the latin american tour i would say they were insane. but after that and after all the confusion i didn't and i still don't, but in a lesser degree, know what to think.

i've read the comments here, and specially taking into account the comment of the ones there in brisbane... i'd say he meant going to australia as he always says... it's the same for every end of every important leg of the tour he always says that. and if they weren't coming here (lat america) for 5 or 6 years it would be totally rude, illogical and almost impossible.

BUT there's no official confirmation or denial about this...

one more thing: they always take a 3 year (more or less) break between albums... some to rest (and we encourage that they deserve it!) and to work on the album properly (and we encourage that! it takes time to make a great album... i'd be worried if they were announcing a new LP in a year or so...)