✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

End of the road? Coldplay announce three-year hiatus during performance in Brisbane

Tash

End Of The Road? Coldplay Announce Three-Year Hiatus During Performance In Brisbane

Coldplay have hinted that they are taking a three-year hiatus following their mammoth 'Mylo Xyloto' world tour.

The 'Paradise' hitmakers, who have released a DVD of the world tour, told their audience at their show in Brisbane on Wednesday night, that it would be their "last big show for three years or so."

Frontman Chris Martin broke the news to their crowd at the stadium, saying: "This is the last big show for three years or so. I don't want to stop."

The indie band released their fifth studio album in October 2011, and followed the chart-topping record with a huge 92-date tour in April, after which they travelled to Europe, Asia, Australia and America.

Fans can still expect to see the band perform a few more times before they take their reported hiatus, carrying out a series of shows in Latin America in February 2013 and also joining Jay-Z on stage for a special New Year's Eve concert at Brooklyn's Barclays Center next month.

The news of a hiatus may come as a shock after the band revealed they have begun writing their next studio album, assuring fans that the title will be a lot easier to pronounce than Mylo Xyloto.

Martin told Australian radio station 2DayFM: "The next one we're releasing is much easier to pronounce."

The frontman was hesitant to reveal the title when asked he said: "I can't tell you that!" Chris then turned to guitarist Jonny Buckland and said: "Can I give a hint?" Buckland shook his head and told him: "No."

link

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is the last big show in this part of the world for three years or so. I don't want to stop."

Could that be what he said? would make sence to me cause that's how Swedish journalists work. Take everything out of perspective and take out words to make things sound much bigger than they are....

Because there is an Latin America tour coming up? I know they postponed it but it won't be a three years postponement.

I hope not, otherwise we would have to wait more 4 or 5 years 'cause they always tour the whole world before coming to Latin America. Or at least before announcing they would come (to cancel it three days later). Reading this just makes me more and more upset :(

I posted that article in the Brisbane thread earlier. I think it's just something Chris said without thinking what the consequences might be.

I hope not, otherwise we would have to wait more 4 or 5 years 'cause they always tour the whole world before coming to Latin America. Or at least before announcing they would come (to cancel it three days later). Reading this just makes me more and more upset :(

:hug:

I just read this too... Considering it definatly isnt even the last big show of this tour, I wouldnt trust the article. Coldplay have signed a new 5 album contract recently (so i read somewhere)

I suspect what chris meant was that would be the last big show the band play in AUS for 3 years..

one day journalists may learn that Chris is not a reliable source of information, especially not in the middle of a concert :P

for example, at the concert i went to during the VLV tour, he said Guy was going to be on America's Got Talent as a naked flamenco dancer. did this happen? :no:

THIS. :nod:

Although I sure would have liked to have seen that flamenco dancer thing....