✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Bidet

Prince Myshkin

^It depends on where it's coming from, if it's a house more than say 10 or 15 years old then it's likely the water isn't connected to the mains and instead is just some tube running up to some old tank in the attic, which is stagnant and can get bugs in it etc. but that is the same water we brush our teeth with.

This gets confused with the idea that bathroom tap water is like recycled or from the toilet or something, no of course that's not true, but in most cases bathroom tap water indeed isn't good.

OK then, if you buy a brand new bidet, never used with the plastic still on it, and then hook it up to the mains water supply, not in the bathroom, then you can drink from it, and please go through that effort to take a picture for our amusement. :nice:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ok let's share a personal story about bidets:

When I was like 8 years old, my family and I went to visit my uncle because my father was going to help him with some building plans.

I remember I went to the room where my father and my unle were working and started looking at the screen trying to understand the confusing figure, which certainly didn't look like what an 8-year-old would expect.

After a couple of minutes staring at the screen, I decided to ask about it. I selected a random spot on the screen, pointed at it and said "What's that?"

"That's the bathroom" Replied my uncle.

"Oh, there's a bidet there." I pointed out, a bit proud that I actually new the thing's name.

I had seen bidets before but I hadn't really worked out the use of these, so I decided to ask my uncle about it.

"What do you want a bidet for?"

"For people to wash up their ****s there, it's way more practical. Y'see?"

I immediately heard my aunt shouting my uncle's name from the kitchen, nagging him because of the language he had used.

I did know what a **** was, though; and I did picture it in my head.

Luckily, my innocence didn't make a big deal out of it, and I was able to move on with my life.

I didn't really wonder about bidets for the rest of my life, until I saw this thread.

That's when I discovered the truth about bidets.

Thank you again, Greg.

EDIT: damn I forgot about the word being censored, I meant cee-u-en-tee both times.

I want a bidet, these things seem really handy for those terrible moments of paranoia

Then all my Australian friends will be very confused, scared and have some of the funny assumptions in this thread such as thinking it's for drinking while you dump your biz.

This thread is so funny. BUT Let's get serious about BIDETS ALLRIGHT! You all talking BAD stuff about the bidets. When I went to Spain I noticed there're no bidets in europe and I can't believe that. You must want one of these to be clean, I can't understand how using only toilet paper is enough. Here in Argentina (and in most south american countries) the bathroom-set has everything an europe bathroom has plus a bidet cause we don't walk with **** in our --#(%. Not saying everyone walks like that but if there're no bidets LOL. That's what I think cause I was born in a culture where bathroom have bidets. Also this is because we are two different cultures joined in this forum through globalization. Now let's move on.

I want a bidet, these things seem really handy for those terrible moments of paranoia

Then all my Australian friends will be very confused, scared and have some of the funny assumptions in this thread such as thinking it's for drinking while you dump your biz.

That sound really interesting!

This thread is so funny. BUT Let's get serious about BIDETS ALLRIGHT! You all talking BAD stuff about the bidets. When I went to Spain I noticed there're no bidets in europe and I can't believe that. You must want one of these to be clean, I can't understand how using only toilet paper is enough. Here in Argentina (and in most south american countries) the bathroom-set has everything an europe bathroom has plus a bidet cause we don't walk with **** in our --#(%. Not saying everyone walks like that but if there're no bidets LOL. That's what I think cause I was born in a culture where bathroom have bidets. Also this is because we are two different cultures joined in this forum through globalization. Now let's move on.

I had no idea bidets were common in Argentina... Here in Uruguay they aren't that common ?