✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Magic

thetelephoneline

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess they are getting back on the promotional cycle from this week on. this was shown on sunrise australia (monday morning their time). seems to have been recorded along with the sports relief performance. we might get more of such recorded performances soon i guess.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/22438060/coldplay-performs-for-sunrise/

Goodness I love this song live.

Releasing a video right now seems right. My friends are only just telling me they love the new Coldplay song haha. I hope it's something creative like Paradise that goes viral.

guess they are getting back on the promotional cycle from this week on. this was shown on sunrise australia (monday morning their time). seems to have been recorded along with the sports relief performance. we might get more of such recorded performances soon i guess.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/22438060/coldplay-performs-for-sunrise/

Thanks, good spot :)

I forgot who asked for it and what thread it was in, but I wil post it here. I was on YouTube and saw the ad for Magic, so I decided to use a screen capturing program and click on random videos until it played again :laugh3:

[video=vimeo;91622513]

has anyone read the wikipedia article about MAGIC? it says "MIXED REVIEWS FROM MUSIC CRITICS". But if you continue to read the summary of the critic's reviews, most of the reviews were positive. THE WIKIPEDIA IS HIGHLY INACCURATE. Does anyone have an account on wikipedia? maybe that entry can be edited.

Reception

"Magic" has received mixed reviews from critics. Jamieson Cox of Time magazine wrote that "Magic" isn't as far from the style of Coldplay's previous albums as "Midnight", the first track from Ghost Stories that was revealed. He added that the single "does hint at a few new tricks up the band's sleeve," and described it as "a successful marriage of old and new."[3] Rolling Stone magazine's Kory Grow commented in similar tone, calling the song "a return to form," proven "to be Coldplay through and through."[4] Digital Spy's Lewis Corner concurred, writing: "[The song] isn't a quick card trick to draw you in like some of the band's previous hits, but rather a long-form spectacle that slowly allures you with its intricacies and delicate craftsmanship."[5] Writing for Consequence of Sound, Alex Young opined that the track "sounds a lot less Bon Iver and a lot more Chris Martin drinking a venti, no-whip Skinny Vanilla Latte on a Sunday afternoon."[6] Carl Williot of Idolator noted the song's Edge influence and commented that it showed "a tonedown their trademark grandeur in exchange for a more minimalist, atmospheric set of songs."[7] Spin's Kyle McGovern had similar thoughts, and called the track "a low-key meditation on love."[8] Bill Lamb of About.com gave the song 4.5 stars out of 5 and called it a "refreshingly simple, heartwarming love song."[9] Writing for Los Angeles Times, Mikael Wood commented: "With Martin's delicate falsetto floating over a muted drum-machine beat ... this one offers up a sumptuous vocal melody – and a surprisingly soulful one at that."[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_%28Coldplay_song%29

I think the article may be speaking about the ratings. Rolling stone have it 3/5 and I know others have it 3.5/5 and other okay score . I think a better way to say it is mixed to positive ratings.

yeah, i think its more appropriate to say it is mixed to positive, or even "mostly positive". a 3 or a 3.5 out of 5 review is positive IMO :)

I forgot who asked for it and what thread it was in, but I wil post it here. I was on YouTube and saw the ad for Magic, so I decided to use a screen capturing program and click on random videos until it played again :laugh3:

[video=vimeo;91622513]

I would love to download it!

• 2 weeks later...

When I first listened to this song, I was straight to the point where I felt this song was really about the separation between Chris and Gwyneth. I don't know, I can only assume from the lyrics...It looks very sad and devastated like Chris is still wanting to have Gwyneth back. What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Magic Video Snubbed from MTV Video Music Awards - Jesus, They are like an abacus when trying to calculate what a good music video is, so out of touch - Just my opinion

From Mashable:

http://mashable.com/2014/07/17/mtv-vma-nominations-snubs-snubbed-videos/

10 Stunning Music Videos Ignored for MTV VMA Nominations

mtv-vmas-say-something.jpg

A man kisses his dying wife in A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera's Say Something music video.Video: YouTube, AGreatBigWorldVEVO

Hernandez%20Square.jpg.jpgBy Brian Anthony Hernandez1 hour ago

Awards season is upon us, which means it's time to complain about amazing things that voters overlooked. Today in snubs, we're looking at the MTV Video Music Awards.

This year's ballots were inundated with impressive music videos, especially in the Best Rock category, where we saw Coldplay's black-and-white "Magic" and Panic! at the Disco's beautifully morbid "This Is Gospel" both fail to earn nominations.

See also: MTV VMA Nominations: Beyonce Leads With 8 for 3 Different Videos

Even VMA favorites were ignored. Britney Spears' shark-infested "Work B**ch" and Christina Aguilera's emotional "Say Something" collaboration with A Great Big World sunk.

And cue silence because nowhere to be seen is Lady Gaga's elaborately artsy "Applause."

Disclaimer: MTV chose me to cast a nominations ballot. Each voter picked five videos for each category. These are some of the videos I selected that didn't earn nominations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qtb11P1FWnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>