✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

My friends just came back from the album listening session and here's what they said.

(They didn't write a proper review but answer to my questions point by point. I'll try my best to translate.)

The album starts with brighter songs like AIMH, Magic, Ink and True Love then the music gets darker and darker with Midnight and Another's Arms. Oceans is kind of a realization that even if the person you love is not with you anymore but you're gonna be okay. O is the summarize that this is how life goes on, things are gonna happen, don't worry much about it.

There's a hidden track (or maybe just instruments playing) between Oceans and ASFOS.

Ink and O are the most popular. I asked them to list their favourites, these 2 songs always come up.

Will only uses drumpad on ALL songs on the album.

My friends just came back from the album listening session and here's what they said.

(They didn't write a proper review but answer to my questions point by point. I'll try my best to translate.)

The album starts with brighter songs like AIMH, Magic, Ink and True Love then the music gets darker and darker with Midnight and Another's Arms. Oceans is kind of a realization that even if the person you love is not with you anymore but you're gonna be okay. O is the summarize that this is how life goes on, things are gonna happen, don't worry much about it.

There's a hidden track (or maybe just instruments playing) between Oceans and ASFOS.

Ink and O are the most popular. I asked them to list their favourites, these 2 songs always come up.

Will only uses drumpad on ALL songs on the album.

"My friends just came back from the album listening"

Is it that what Coldplay Mexico has been anouncing?

'Will only uses drumpad on ALL songs on the album"

2879c995260eca9b01b3510d5eeb7a4ca4857534050e18c66be5bf1318d5a4b1.jpg

Drumpad on every song? I wasn't expecting that. This album may be more electronic than we previously thought. Not that I have anything against drumpads, I think they offer up some awesome fresh sounds that Coldplay needs. That being said though, Will's drumming so far on all the live performances has been some his best we have ever seen! Hopefully we can hear all that speed and complexity on the studio versions.

"My friends just came back from the album listening"

Is it that what Coldplay Mexico has been anouncing?

'Will only uses drumpad on ALL songs on the album"

2879c995260eca9b01b3510d5eeb7a4ca4857534050e18c66be5bf1318d5a4b1.jpg

That's what they really said. The only way we'll know is to wait for the leak.

Ans nope. This was arranged by Warner Music Thailand.

I don't mind it either but, William Champion, really? EVERY SONG? I've been dying to listen to something like this simplistic Will-Champion-ish drums in at least one song in Ghost Stories:

[video=youtube;0LwqTtZuQ9A]

Will has been more erased than everything in every song in Ghost Stories. I was hoping more him. I love Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends because his drums are prominent.

As Midnight, Magic and ASFoS being hits and are the only song release yet, the quality of Oceans, Always in my Head and Another's Arms and the hype around O, True Love and Ink, surely this will be their best album, do you guys think it will win album of the year?