✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

As Midnight, Magic and ASFoS being hits and are the only song release yet, the quality of Oceans, Always in my Head and Another's Arms and the hype around O, True Love and Ink, surely this will be their best album, do you guys think it will win album of the year?

I will hold my judgement on whether or not I think it is my favourite Coldplay album until I hear it all, but I personally don't see it being album of the year (I assume you are talking about the Grammy's, Brits, etc.)

I think it could definitely be nominated, at least for best Rock Album (which will make people angry, and I can't disagree) but there are just too many other albums we haven't heard yet. Arcade Fire I bet will be on the roster, Beyonce, Black Keys, Beck maybe Kanye or the Foo Fighters?

Maybe it will get nominated for album of the year, but that is a tough category nowadays with such diverse albums getting thrown into the mix, some of them considered groundbreaking. I wouldn't call Ghost Stories groundbreaking and I would also call it low-key, which makes me think it may hang under the radar for awards. I do think that commercially and critically it will be pretty successful though, well, all their albums are.

Scrolling back through the rumors for LP6, and I discovered the first clue of what we are experiencing now...

yqe6ajer.jpg

Can you believe we're only days away from a new Coldplay album?!?! :dazzled:

Bored. Made a countdown to midnight on May 16th for the Australians who will get the album first on that day in that time zone.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=240&iso=20140516T00

At the time of posting, it read 7.5 days

I think one of the best ways to ease boredom and painful anticipation for the Ghost Stories is to listen to other music to distract yourself!

The Black Keys' and Lykke Li's new albums are awesome if you need something blasting in your ears!

I think one of the best ways to ease boredom and painful anticipation for the Ghost Stories is to listen to other music to distract yourself!

The Black Keys' and Lykke Li's new albums are awesome if you need something blasting in your ears!

Yeah Black Keys has a great album that is still growing on me. Lykke Li don't know but I will check