✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another's Arms

Tash

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also one of my favourites after hearing the album once. I liked the live version but love the grittiness of the studio version and the distorted effect on Chris' voice. Also, his low register is amazing. Like Always in my Head, the album version seems much more interesting while usually I prefer their live versions.

I like that they're experimenting with sounds that make you go 'huh?' for a moment, like the woman's voice and bass thing on this song, the radar sound on Oceans, the guitar solo in True Love, the voice effect in Midnight.

Well said!

Andi;5660946']I love the live Version. It is so amazing. But what happened to the studio Version?!? Not good... .

Studio version matches the dark tone of the album. After Midnight until ASFOS, Chris wanna express his heartbroken feelings so he didn't wanna make it too much of a mainstream voice, he sang with gritty voice instead (have a listen to Oceans, the same kind of voice). And the 'vanishing' piano/guitar I would say he had purpose on it in which he tried to fix the relationship but the method he chose doesn't work.

And this is why I love Ghost Stories. Every elements of song had its purpose and it fits perfectly.

I actually really like this. Love the woman singing and Chris' lower register. Haven't quite decided how I feel about the effects, the kind of radar thing but I think that's because I'm so unused to Coldplay adding in 'weird' things :laugh3: Oooh and the guitar at the end is excellent!

• 2 weeks later...

love this, wasn't so keen on the album when I first listened to it, this was the only song I instantly liked. Its the woman's voice and chris lower register, it got me straight away, one of those songs that gets you, well it got me anyway!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I listened to the song, I guess it became one of my least favorite song on GS. I mean I like it but not as much as I like AFSOS, Magic and AIMH a lot more. Everyone has different taste of music so I know that many ppl love this song too :)

I mean the lyrics is somewhat naked.

Like you're body on my body.

that's naked to my knowledge :P

I don't know. Who's watching TV naked? Then again, ‘late night watching TV’ so there could be that sort of TV programme on. :)

Hahah is this leading to the wrong direction? :lol:

Maybe it is :) Anyway, I think Chris was thinking about a couple who watch TV together, cuddled up on a peaceful night rather than doing something racy :)

Maybe it is :) Anyway, I think Chris was thinking about a couple who watch TV together, cuddled up on a peaceful night rather than doing something racy :)

Yeah thats what I thought too, I think he defines 'youre body on my body' thing meaning that two people are good for each other :) but at some point if you are thinking way too far, that can be about something dirty really :P