✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another's Arms

Tash

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm on my third or fourth listen of the studio recording...and it's still not that good in my opinion.

First off, it sounds a whole hell of a lot better than it did live. The production on the track is stellar to say the least, however Johnny's solo is drowned out by the other sounds in the final bridge. In fact, most of the guitar is faded or put as the background with the drums and synths taking the lead here. Lyrics still are a little bland, but Chris's vocals make them sound way more interesting than they are. Light vocodor is placed in the verses and chorus and it compliments the song very nicely! I originally placed it at a 5/10 but I'd say it's raised up to a 6/10 for the sound production alone. Very interesting song, not their best, but a good compliment to the Ghost Stories era.

(Side note: i'm not sure how great it follows Midnight. I always thought a bigger track would follow Midnight on the record.)

I think this is better then the live version.

Agreed. This is still my least favorite so far off of Ghost Stories but listening to the studio version has definitely grown on me. The lyrics just don't do it for me, too cheesy for my taste.

Agreed. This is still my least favorite so far off of Ghost Stories but listening to the studio version has definitely grown on me. The lyrics just don't do it for me, too cheesy for my taste.

Well, the song gets boring fast.

Wow the studio version made me actually really like this song. I was indifferent to it before but it's just so haunting and beautiful . As someone has said its amazing we get a guitar solo AND a bass solo at the same time, last minute and a half are the best part of the song

Well, the song gets boring fast.

Have to say that from 0:00 to 2:50 it's one of the worst Coldplay songs until now. Studio version is produced in an insufferable bad way, sounds like that boring and cheap charts-crap i use to skip on the radio :( the lyrics are even worse...

Just woke up so I obviously missed the another's arms leak, sorry to do this I'm not really sure how else to get it, could some please pm the song? Much appreciated if someone can! :)

Well i think they just wanted to experiment with this album, experiment with sound and voices, but in this track they failed.

Yes, you're right! While i really like all the other songs so far this one doesn't really grow on me