🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
Tash

Another's Arms

Now don't quote me on this but, I think that the itunes where the user got this from, accidentally leaked the song and then itunes fixed it even though he still has it

Yes, that's what I read as well

I'm glad to hear it has full drums instead of just a rim click on the snare drum.

Now don't quote me on this but, I think that the itunes where the user got this from, accidentally leaked the song and then itunes fixed it even though he still has it

Quoted

i hear this has leaked, if anyone could pm the link id be forever indebted to u

Wow, after hearing the studio version this song has gone from 7/10 to 8.5/10 imo. If you want the studio version check out the GS leak thread.

So I'm on my third or fourth listen of the studio recording...and it's still not that good in my opinion.

First off, it sounds a whole hell of a lot better than it did live. The production on the track is stellar to say the least, however Johnny's solo is drowned out by the other sounds in the final bridge. In fact, most of the guitar is faded or put as the background with the drums and synths taking the lead here. Lyrics still are a little bland, but Chris's vocals make them sound way more interesting than they are. Light vocodor is placed in the verses and chorus and it compliments the song very nicely! I originally placed it at a 5/10 but I'd say it's raised up to a 6/10 for the sound production alone. Very interesting song, not their best, but a good compliment to the Ghost Stories era.

(Side note: i'm not sure how great it follows Midnight. I always thought a bigger track would follow Midnight on the record.)

Not in love with it upon first listen. It's a decent song, the last minute of it steals the show. Lyrics are a bit meh for me - overall I can imagine this will be an easily forgotten song on Ghost Stories.

I wish the guitar was turned up a little in the first chorus and bridge, but the rhythm section is mixed well.

I love this song man, so haunting. I can only say: fucking Jonny Boy! You did it again.

I love this song man, so haunting. I can only say: fucking Jonny Boy! You did it again.

So amazing, Jonny is the man!

Listening the studio version for the 1st time, it's a bit more ghosty/echoing than the live ones.

Jonny boy's guitar parts are essential to make Another's Arms work, IMO.

In fact there's a combined solo by Jonny and Guy, it's even more amazing!

I find it darker and slower compared to the live version!

It's quite haunting

I think this is better then the live version.

I think this is better then the live version.

Agreed. This is still my least favorite so far off of Ghost Stories but listening to the studio version has definitely grown on me. The lyrics just don't do it for me, too cheesy for my taste.

Bad news is it's my least favourite out of the four studio recordings I've heard so far.

Good news is I like it very much.

SO PUMPED FOR THIS FRIDAY!!!

Agreed. This is still my least favorite so far off of Ghost Stories but listening to the studio version has definitely grown on me. The lyrics just don't do it for me, too cheesy for my taste.

Well, the song gets boring fast.

Wow the studio version made me actually really like this song. I was indifferent to it before but it's just so haunting and beautiful . As someone has said its amazing we get a guitar solo AND a bass solo at the same time, last minute and a half are the best part of the song

Well, the song gets boring fast.

Have to say that from 0:00 to 2:50 it's one of the worst Coldplay songs until now. Studio version is produced in an insufferable bad way, sounds like that boring and cheap charts-crap i use to skip on the radio :( the lyrics are even worse...

Well i think they just wanted to experiment with this album, experiment with sound and voices, but in this track they failed.