Another's Arms

Tash

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone PM me a link of the download please? Thanks

*NO LINKS OR PM REQUESTS*

New members are more than welcome to join in and discuss the rumours and chat about the leak at any time however, do not ask for a PM, and current members do not offer PMs.

If you could google as well as a 12 year old can, you wouldn't even need a pm

Maybe the track will sound better when it's finally released.

I think I'll just wait the week.

As for Will's drums - it's like one big click track.

You can see/hear on ASFoS live how the songs translate well to live drums.

Can't wait to play to more of these songs.

I like the studio version better. It's more mysterious than the live version and because of its production the song has more "layers".

The only thing that bugs me is the electronic percussion. It gives the song a kind of synthetic R&B-like sound :(

They had their reasons for applying electronic percussion, I guess.. Somehow we have to hear the full album to understand why they putted like that. Same goes when Kanye West did with auto-tune approach and he had a good reason to that which represents the sound of heartbreak. And it did pretty well!

Maybe the track will sound better when it's finally released.

I think I'll just wait the week.

As for Will's drums - it's like one big click track.

You can see/hear on ASFoS live how the songs translate well to live drums.

Can't wait to play to more of these songs.

I have hopes for that, too. Drums are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

Disappointed with the studio version. Zane Lowe wasn't kidding when he said there isn't much Will in the album. The song is ruined by the electronic percussion and the effects on Chris's voice. The live version is entirely amazing though so not all is bad!

I've heard it a few times now, I really liked the live version and especially Jonny's guitar parts. One of my favourites from the new songs.

The studio version for me is a little uneven; the last chorus onwards until the end is just perfect, everything is mixed so well and it has real impact. But (personally) I think the piano and especially the guitar is drenched in a little too much reverb before that point, and particularly during the bridge before that last chorus. That guitar solo during the live performance is emphasized and manages to be atmospheric while still being clear and crisp... but I feel on the studio version it lost a lot of it's impact because it's pushed way too far back in the mix, and ends up sounding too distant. Almost sounds like they removed the original guitar track and left only the reverb behind (100% wet, 0% dry for the music producers out there!). That's really my main gripe with it. Other than that I really like how dark and electronic it sounds, and I like some of the effects on Chris' voice. Especially liked how he sung the "is there someone there to find me" line, much more moody than the live versions.

Actually this reminds me a lot of when Radiohead were debuting songs from 'In Rainbows' live - everything sounded lively and well mixed, with plenty of emotional impact. And then when they dropped the album itself, a lot of the songs ended up sounding much more conservative, almost muted compared to the live versions. That's basically what I feel has happened here, but to a lesser extent.

Overall it's a very good track, but I do prefer the emphasis of the guitar and the piano in the live versions, does it more justice I feel!

Guest kmm1482
Agreed. This is still my least favorite so far off of Ghost Stories but listening to the studio version has definitely grown on me. The lyrics just don't do it for me, too cheesy for my taste.

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling Ink will be the same. Not sure what's happened to Chris' lyric writing lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The studio version is incredible. Is it just my version or does Jonny's guitar (when it first comes in - the little solo) sound very watery? Almost like you plugged the headphones in halfway and can only hear half of the sound?

I'm actually pretty butthurt that people don't like this song for some reason! It's my favourite and I really can relate to the lyrics. I don't think Chris' lyric writing has changed, if anything it's gotten better. You just need to think about what he was probably (obviously) going through at the time while writing this album.....I think he's right that he uses songwriting as a diary. When you think about what was happening in his life when he wrote this, it makes a lot more sense that the lyrics are "cheesier" than whatever your standard is, lol. If anything, thinking about the personal side to this song makes it more painful to listen to, because you know that he was hurting at that point. But oh well, just my take on it. (It does sound incredible live, though.)