✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Really not comfortable with this album release :(

Taz1853

Why have they gone from no announcements to album, no less than 4 live appearances, a few gigs, a documentary on Ghost Stories and 2 single releases, in less than 2 months?

No build up at all, it's as if they were forced to release fast :(

Actually I'm going to have to disagree and say that I have found this to be the perfect build up to Ghost Stories. Rather than have a really long wait for everything to get stale, I can feel a climax building up to the albums release, which I'm sure will only intensify in the next couple weeks!

This is much better, I think that MX was over-hyped, which led to disappointment for a lot of people in the end.

I think the band are promoting GS really well, it seems so vague, even though there doing so much, I like the mystique it's creating around the album

This is one of the best build ups I've seen in recent years and a 1000000 times better than MX release. And 2 months between the first single and the album release is the standard for releases.

The next 3 weeks are going to be crazy. We have many things to look forward to.

Plus the big big hit ASFOS is still 2 weeks away apparently. If it's like the reviews say it could be the next Viva

It's probably going to be a good song but a lot of us will probably be disappointed if we keep hyping it up like this.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority here. The build up to Ghost Stories is much better than MX.

With MX, Coldplay knew they had a big album, and they wanted to tease all the different aspects of it using live shows, videos and mysterious artwork.

I think the band knows what Ghost Stories is. It's much more laid back and acoustic and therefore the build is much more quiet. All of the albums have a different feel to them and this one is definitely a very quick and quiet approach.

I think it's apt. MX was a big grandiose pop record so it was promoted as such; huge pop singles, crazy over-the-top live performances, colorful in-your-face imagery, a multi-media concept story etc...

Ghost Stories is a much more subtle and understated record, so it's appropriate that the promotion is as well. I also wonder if the more subtle marketing campaign has something to do with Chris and Gwenyth's split. It's still big news at the moment and it's understandable Chris wouldn't want to talk about it, so he'd be trying to stay out of the limelight as much as possible whilst still promoting a new album. Releasing it comparatively quietly and simply allowing the music to speak for itself seems like the most sensible thing. Coldplay are big enough to get away with that now.