✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Reasons Ghost Stories will be the band's TOP album

DieProspekt

Guest howyousawtheworld
^ worst Coldplay song ever imo, i almost hate it

What??! In a catalogue that contains the offensively dishonest Princess of China, that is a wild statement!

As it stands I love The Goldrush! A real novelty; it could have been tagged on as a hidden track on VLV or Prospekts March. Fun and enjoyable, it sounds like a wonderful jam that The Beatles could conjure up in a tea break from recording Revolver.

By including that, Death Will Never Conquer and Lukas on Prospekts March, we could have had a fine VLV double album/follow up album. It was there for the taking!

I think it'll be their most artistically meritorious and definitely a lot better than I expected. I don't have a problem with ASFOS either because it sounds epic! The studio version is going to please a lot of people I'm sure.

I wouldn't say its their top album though. AROBTTH still holds that position.

I'm a little worried because I like both Midnight and Magic, but some of my friends just like Magic but hate Midnight, and a friend of mine in concrete hates Midnight because he thinks it's too psychedelic and finds Magic a little weak. This friend and me love Coldplay, especially the first four albums. We haven't heard any of the other songs yet, so for those who have heard them, can you tell me if you think he will like the rest of the album more than Midnight and Magic? I don't want him to have such a huge disappointment.

I'm a little worried because I like both Midnight and Magic, but some of my friends just like Magic but hate Midnight, and a friend of mine in concrete hates Midnight because he thinks it's too psychedelic and finds Magic a little weak. This friend and me love Coldplay, especially the first four albums. We haven't heard any of the other songs yet, so for those who have heard them, can you tell me if you think he will like the rest of the album more than Midnight and Magic? I don't want him to have such a huge disappointment.

Don't worry. You will LOVE the album. I'll eat my hat if you don't.

Yesterday my uncle told me that he has heard Midnight and Magic and thinks the same that one of my friends, Midnight too strange and Magic too weak. I also think that Midnight is "strange"/different of all that they have done until now, and Magic maybe is a little weak, but I like them anyways. And I also like ASFOS, but don't know if they will... What annoys me is the fact that he also told me that they have lost their essence (I guess that he said this based in the type of songs, because they no longer make the same style of music, etc.), but I don't feel that at all... Furthermore I don't have listened to more songs than those 3 ones, but for the comments I've read, we will have a portion of the "old Coldplay" too. So that's what it is, variety.

Yesterday my uncle told me that he has heard Midnight and Magic and thinks the same that one of my friends, Midnight too strange and Magic too weak. I also think that Midnight is "strange"/different of all that they have done until now, and Magic maybe is a little weak, but I like them anyways. And I also like ASFOS, but don't know if they will... What annoys me is the fact that he also told me that they have lost their essence (I guess that he said this based in the type of songs, because they no longer make the same style of music, etc.), but I don't feel that at all... Furthermore I don't have listened to more songs than those 3 ones, but for the comments I've read, we will have a portion of the "old Coldplay" too. So that's what it is, variety.

We'll have the old play but better, it's going to be even better. Lets stop looking back, saying their first or second album was their best is like saying someone stops learning and improving after they, lets say, aced college. I don't believe immensely creative people like these (Coldplay) stop learning and improving. Chris Martin said they've never felt this 100 % satisfied with an album except maybe with arobtth. Consider the extra years of experience and you've got a better album +a better live performance.

I am grateful that they aren't (like many great bands before them) repetitive.

I'm already a huge fan of Always In My Head, and I really like ASFOS, and I also like Another's Arms, and Midnight is quite good too! Don't really like Magic that much. Here's the thing though, to me, to already like so many songs off the album, and O seems like a winner too -- this is much more than what I liked on Viva, and X&Y. This is going to be a damned good album I think. I am psyched!

In my Opinion it won't definitely be better than AROBTTH. Midnight is quite good, not amazing, but it gave me the hope for Coldplay's "KID A" when I first heard it. Then Magic was a huge disappointment, don't like it at all. Then I heard Always In My Head and Another's Arms, which are both quite good too, but still not the level of former Coldplay songs. Finally I was quite relieved as I heard ASFOS, Oceans and O. These are my favorites from this album and I hope the few missing songs will be just as good. So far I would guess that GS is their weakest album, but it still has the potential to be better than MX.