✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Most notable would be The Fray. Already mentioned are Bastille and Imagine Dragons. Mumford and Sons' 3rd album sounds like Coldplay. You could also include Kodaline on the list. I suggest you listen to other post Britpop bands like Elbow.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell, most music critics right now have said that U2's most recent album (Songs of innocence) sounds just like coldplay. Most music critics even compare the melody/riff of their 2nd single "every breaking wave" with Coldplay's Paradise. Coldplay's sound is already an institution; its an adverb. adjective already.

Hell, most music critics right now have said that U2's most recent album (Songs of innocence) sounds just like coldplay. Most music critics even compare the melody/riff of their 2nd single "every breaking wave" with Coldplay's Paradise. Coldplay's sound is already an institution; its an adverb. adjective already.

[emoji120] Amen brother. [emoji120]

Lol....that user name gets me every time.....giggles...5!

Artists like Brandy, Ed Sheeran, and the like cite coldplay as an influence. Timbaland once told MTV in an interview that "He only wants to work with Coldplay". I think it's about time for people to realize that, despite the fact that they arent radiohead, they have been shaping our musical landscape for the past 15 years.

True that. Sounds like speed of sound. [emoji23]

Not only does it sound like speed of sound, but the lyrics keywords seemed to me a mashup of Gravity, The Scientist, Speed of Sound, and A rush of blood to the head. Out of interest I checked out other songs by this Parisian band, and the lyrics contain the expressions "in a telescope lens", "live is for living", "in the dead of night", "codes in you", along with instrumentals that sound undeniably similar to The scientist and I ran away. If only he had a better voice...

I see some faithful Coldplay listeners here :), but at least they don't deny their influence. Lol, if I would start writing music it would surely sound the same - well, I wouldnt copy lyrics though :)

Wouldn't be surprised if Coldplay release something like U2 did with Discotheque, pop song first with a 80's or EDM sound but with the album sounding more different. Just imagine the reaction on here if they come back dressed like the village people (or even One Direction)

[video=youtube;p2AjpPNDe-8]

Even my band sounded like Coldplay, but we never hid the influence, often at practice we'd say things like "hmm Will wouldn't allow that part" haha.. If you're curious to hear what we did it's here..

we're kinda on hiatus, recording new stuff that's quite different.