✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

All great points :thumbsup:

The vibe I'm getting so far is they're trying to delve even deeper into the pop and electronic style with LP7. They're pushing it one last time and this time it could be to the extreme. So I wouldn't be shocked at all if there were a couple of EDM songs and or if the album was all sugary pop songs. Another collaboration with a mainstream artist is certain. All this could potentially be extremely unimaginative and generic but people will like it nevertheless.

Unfortunately the band have to abide to what Chris decides. He is the main driving force and they just have to go along with it. (By the way I've mentioned several times on other threads how the dynamics within the band need to change drastically)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extreme silence at Coldplay camp these days... I wonder if it is calm before the storm...

Yeah, no blogs, no news, not even a single picture in the studio (I remember Roadie 42 blogged about the recording during the MX era. Coldplay also posted a picture of Jonny playing a guitar before the news about GS the following year.) But I think we can expect that the album "will be" much different from GS base on what Mila Furstova said on the interview.

Today I just found Aiko (apparently from Live 2012). They need to make more stuff like this I don't care what genre they follow with AHFOD.

[video=youtube;p_efKoRbwdc]

God that is transcendental ....takes me someplace very very beautiful...please sir may I have some moreeeee....[emoji502][emoji502][emoji502][emoji502][emoji502]

All great points :thumbsup:

The vibe I'm getting so far is they're trying to delve even deeper into the pop and electronic style with LP7. They're pushing it one last time and this time it could be to the extreme. So I wouldn't be shocked at all if there were a couple of EDM songs and or if the album was all sugary pop songs. Another collaboration with a mainstream artist is certain. All this could potentially be extremely unimaginative and generic but people will like it nevertheless.

Unfortunately the band have to abide to what Chris decides. He is the main driving force and they just have to go along with it. (By the way I've mentioned several times on other threads how the dynamics within the band need to change drastically)

Agree. I believe I had mentioned this before here in this thread. I'm really expecting them to go all out on the next album (massive, pop, *collaboration [maybe], stadium-ready album) though I'm not totally ruling out other possibilities.

Today I just found Aiko (apparently from Live 2012). They need to make more stuff like this I don't care what genre they follow with AHFOD.

[video=youtube;p_efKoRbwdc]

Wooow that's the name for that piece. I've always wondered what the names of the background music for the interviews in Live 2012 were. We must dig up the other three!

I'm real bummed we don't get any updates on the new album. [emoji22] no snippets or track names. It would be a relief to hear or see something. Hopefully next month, we'll get something. It would be awesome if the band shares something on the 4th of july, even though they don't celebrate it.

I'm real bummed we don't get any updates on the new album. [emoji22] no snippets or track names. It would be a relief to hear or see something. Hopefully next month, we'll get something. It would be awesome if the band shares something on the 4th of july, even though they don't celebrate it.

I think it's all going to come out at once! The band knows this album will be awesome and I'm thinking they rather not release any teasers or previews this time around.... I can't wait.

I think it's all going to come out at once! The band knows this album will be awesome and I'm thinking they rather not release any teasers or previews this time around.... I can't wait.

Yeah, probably. If this album is as good as chris says it is then they'll probably reveal the album artwork with a release date, hopefully.

I agree with Noel Gallagher about releasing albums. We don't need to know every single thing going on. Then it just spoils it all.

Now if I'm being honest, I think A Head Full Of Dreams will sound something like this... Trying to be grounded and practical.

[video=youtube;O4UbdL0mTD8]

Now if I'm being honest, I think A Head Full Of Dreams will sound something like this... Trying to be grounded and practical.

i see your point and the song isn't bad. but i'm *hoping* for something more exciting and memorable.

I agree with Noel Gallagher about releasing albums. We don't need to know every single thing going on. Then it just spoils it all.

Yeah, really enjoyed Noel's album this year. The man knows how to write for a modern audience yet still crank out memorable and great rock tunes. Even after all these years he's still up there with the likes of Chris and Thom Yorke as the U.K's finest songwriters.

As far as that song goes, It's very generic and "safe" so to speak. Sounds like most stuff you hear from chart bands now. Very formulaic and not very memorable. I think Coldplay can do better, even in a pop music sense. MX is one of the better pop albums released in the last few years. It has something to say for itself not just following the formula

Keep in mind that we're going to hear strings and drums on the new album. I think the band are trying to experiment again. I don't know how that will sound but i'm real excited about it. Rik said they will have synthesizers on the new album as well. I know the band won't revisit their old style but for me a song that has a good balance of synthesizers and pop is square one. If they could find the balance like they did on that song, then this album should be great.

^Not to mention possible horns! I could totally see them doing an 80's pop revival with this album, much like Taylor Swift's most recent album (which I thought was perfect pop). Inspiration from A-ha, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears with a modern twist. That music is synthy, poppy, and guitar driven, but remains really fun and exciting. I would personally love for them to go after other 80's bands like Talking Heads and New Order, both of whom could be weird but were always anthemic and artistic.

I want them to sound like this for a track or two: [video=youtube;H5UK40sSo8I]

Realistically, however, I am betting we will be getting some more disco sounding tunes, and the horns will be more of a backdrop, Arcade Fire's Reflektor being an inspiration.

I'm a big Tears for Fears fan. 80's revival is experimentation I could totally get behind. Just for one or two tracks and not the whole album.

I also wouldn't mind seeing eno/jon hopkins style tracks for the opening and the end. Coldplay have always has strong openers and the Escapist is up there with the likes of Don't Panic and Politik, Really adds to VLV.

^Not to mention possible horns! I could totally see them doing an 80's pop revival with this album, much like Taylor Swift's most recent album (which I thought was perfect pop). Inspiration from A-ha, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears with a modern twist. That music is synthy, poppy, and guitar driven, but remains really fun and exciting. I would personally love for them to go after other 80's bands like Talking Heads and New Order, both of whom could be weird but were always anthemic and artistic.

I want them to sound like this for a track or two: [video=youtube;H5UK40sSo8I]

Realistically, however, I am betting we will be getting some more disco sounding tunes, and the horns will be more of a backdrop, Arcade Fire's Reflektor being an inspiration.

Oh yeah, horns in what i meant haha. I hope we get will back on his regular drums. 80's music with a coldplay twist does sound awesome. [emoji2][emoji106]

Guest howyousawtheworld

Loving the 80s revival suggestions. Even The War on Drugs proved with their latest album that synths can still be a powerful pop tool. Would be awesome for them to be influenced by New Order and Tears for Fears (isn't Everybody Rules The World just pure pop perfection - a hit that deserves it's mega status?) but I fear that they are taking inspiration from today's awful tripe.

Strings and Horns... really looking forward to this. And I'm curious about the artwork as well. Who will they get this time to make the album cover

It would be cool if chris made the artwork. We all know he likes to draw. [emoji7]

Keep in mind that we're going to hear strings and drums on the new album. I think the band are trying to experiment again. I don't know how that will sound but i'm real excited about it. Rik said they will have synthesizers on the new album as well. I know the band won't revisit their old style but for me a song that has a good balance of synthesizers and pop is square one. If they could find the balance like they did on that song, then this album should be great.

I wouldn't consider Square One pop, but you're right. It's a great combination of rock and a space-y vibe. Coldplay could replace the space-y vibe for something close to synthesizers and still be great.