✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strings and Horns... really looking forward to this. And I'm curious about the artwork as well. Who will they get this time to make the album cover

The artwork for GS was really cool. I think we should be expecting something along the lines of that for A Head Full Of Dreams.

I'm torn on what I think the AHFoD artwork will look like. On one hand, Chris has said that these two albums are related--with AHFoD being the day to Ghost Stories' night--which makes me think they will keep some things similar (style, wing image, color palette, etc.). On the other hand, no two Coldplay albums have ever had artwork that was even remotely similar to another--other than the fact that they seem to favor central images on monochromatic backgrounds.

To add to that, Coldplay's album artwork usually isn't "literal." E.g. Parachutes doesn't have a parachute on the cover. ARoBttH is probably the most "literal" cover (except for maybe Viva since it depicts the struggle between life and death?)

So I'm thinking three choices for the cover art:

1. Something stylistically similar to Ghost Stories

2. Something which makes sense to pair with the title (e.g. a colorfully exploding head, although this seems unlikely as it would be really similar to ARoBttH)

3. Something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the title, like Parachutes' spinning globe cover

I wouldn't consider Square One pop, but you're right. It's a great combination of rock and a space-y vibe. Coldplay could replace the space-y vibe for something close to synthesizers and still be great.

Yeah, i l know, its more electronic influenced.

I'm torn on what I think the AHFoD artwork will look like. On one hand, Chris has said that these two albums are related--with AHFoD being the day to Ghost Stories' night--which makes me think they will keep some things similar (style, wing image, color palette, etc.). On the other hand, no two Coldplay albums have ever had artwork that was even remotely similar to another--other than the fact that they seem to favor central images on monochromatic backgrounds.

To add to that, Coldplay's album artwork usually isn't "literal." E.g. Parachutes doesn't have a parachute on the cover. ARoBttH is probably the most "literal" cover (except for maybe Viva since it depicts the struggle between life and death?)

So I'm thinking three choices for the cover art:

1. Something stylistically similar to Ghost Stories

2. Something which makes sense to pair with the title (e.g. a colorfully exploding head, although this seems unlikely as it would be really similar to ARoBttH)

3. Something that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the title, like Parachutes' spinning globe cover

I'm 90% sure that color palette on their website right now is going to be a part of the cover.

Just a reminder - you can use synthesizers to do ANYTHING. Spacy on X&Y, experimental on VLV, shiny texture on MX, atmospheres (and EDM) on GS. Same goes for horns and strings - just listen to Bon Iver, Bon Iver - which uses horns/saxophones in a really creative way. Check out this Bon Iver live version, paying special attention to 1:20 onwards and again at 2:00. I made an earlier comment in this thread that it'd be cool if Coldplay did horns the way Noel Gallagher has, which is kind of Beatlesy I guess....but there are valid atmospheric and bordering-on-electronic ways to use horns too.

[video=youtube;ndUJfXmAUxs]

I'd imagine the artwork will reveal a lot stylistically about the album. I.e you'll be able to tell by looking at it whether they're going the pop route again or if it's going to be more of an alt rock album.

The album's going to be pop, mostly. Hopefully there's some alt rock in it too.

The album's going to be pop, mostly. Hopefully there's some alt rock in it too.

Oh yes, I'd say that's a fair assumption at this point but GS reminded me a lot of Parachutes in certain places, so I hope AHFoD will remind me of ARRoBTH in places too. Hopefully if they go down the route of using synthesizers again it will sound more like X&Y rather than MX. Of course production always plays a role too.

So Chris is in India... I wonder if the album is nearing completion (if not already complete). Looks like the visit is somehow related to potential show for the next tour.

It's not for their next tour, he's doing more campaigning for global citizen.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Oh yes, I'd say that's a fair assumption at this point but GS reminded me a lot of Parachutes in certain places, so I hope AHFoD will remind me of ARRoBTH in places too. Hopefully if they go down the route of using synthesizers again it will sound more like X&Y rather than MX. Of course production always plays a role too.

I would love it if it had a similar sound to x&y. It's my favorite album. [emoji7] I do have high hopes for this album though. I think it'll be better than gs or mx.

Are we hoping for an October release date, similar to MX? or is that too enthusiastic? Considering all of Coldplay's other releases have been summer releases would this be a fair surmise? If so we'll be getting some news very, very soon. Whether that will be a single or something else. We'll hardly be waiting until next summer will we? :o

Are we hoping for an October release date, similar to MX? or is that too enthusiastic? Considering all of Coldplay's other releases have been summer releases would this be a fair surmise? If so we'll be getting some news very, very soon. Whether that will be a single or something else. We'll hardly be waiting until next summer will we? :o

With every month passing by and nothing happening, I feel as if the album won't be out until next year. [emoji30] a single release next month and the album out in November would be perfect.

With every month passing by and nothing happening, I feel as if the album won't be out until next year. [emoji30] a single release next month and the album out in November would be perfect.

I'm with you, keep getting my hopes up every month for some official announcement and then nothing happens.. The thought that saddens me is having to go through another Winter before having a new Coldplay album haha.

It's looking like a long and dark December.. Anyways I would like the lads to take their time. Ghost Stories barely came out last year! There has always been at least a two-three year gap in between each album. I'd give them another year, but that's just me. The earliest I would expect is some news in March of next year and some singles the following May with the album launching somewhere around June/July.

I am still convinced it is coming this year. They were technically working on LP7 before GS.. So that is almost three years unless they scrapped a lot of it. So why would they be so quiet? My guess is a surprise release. They will update the website with artwork and release it all really quickly with singles to follow. My guess is that they are just building suspense until a fall release.

I am still convinced it is coming this year. They were technically working on LP7 before GS.. So that is almost three years unless they scrapped a lot of it. So why would they be so quiet? My guess is a surprise release. They will update the website with artwork and release it all really quickly with singles to follow. My guess is that they are just building suspense until a fall release.

That's true. They already had a 2 album idea before making ghost stories and they already had ideas and song titles before starting lp7.

Was it disproven that part of Chris' reason for being in India was for an upcoming festival in November?

If so, then cool. But if not, it indicates that they'll *most likely* release the record before November.

It also seems odd that Chris would take off for India if the album wasn't mostly finished, but that's just my thinking :shrug:

I'm also thinking of that. The band had been so secretive in my opinion which is good. I prefer a surprise release this time around bec. they had revealed too many songs on their past 2 releases (MX [festivals]& GS [Zane Lowe's interview). They could just release a single or two and keep the whole thing before the release.