✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not quite crazy enough to buy multiple copies. I only have the LPs and the DVD/Live albums.

Yet i'm also not to the point where I'll pretend to save the money to spend on charities and saving the whales and shit.

I don't buy any other music 'cept for Coldplay's, so what an extra $15 dollars or so per 3 years to me anyways?

I'm not gonna judge others for choosing to buy or steal their music. It's their money, spend it how you wish. But dont guilt trip me by saying I could have spent it on charity instead.

Anywho, LP7 gonna be a big one eh?

thank you all for answering :nice: the site wouldn't let me multi-quote unfortunately.

I will mostly pre-order the physical copy of the album when that option becomes available online. It definitely will cost a lot since the shipping & the taxes & it will reach me a month after the world has got it :lol: ( happened with GS). I will do it out of support for the band I like, & as jc90 said, it's every 3 years, not every other day so I would't die of poverty if I bought the album :D

I always buy books written by my favourite authors out of support too, even though I know for sure I don't have time to read them. Same goes for my favorite band..

So Global Citizen Festival is on September 26th. I would be surprised if Coldplay didn't perform...anyone else think that is a sign of when we will get new material? Or is Coldplay going to perform their usual popular mini-set: Clocks, Viva, Paradise, ASFOS.

Chris is a curator for the event. He said that the band won't perform unless they have to, which probably will mean that he failed to convince other artists to perform instead

Well about playing live soon, I don't think so. I guess they'll announce something about the album first. Unless they will emulate the release style they did with mx (on which almost half of the new songs were played live before the official news of MX's release.) What I'm waiting right now is for the first single to drop. If AHFOD has a target release date of Q3 2015, I would be surprised if we don't hear anything on the span of 2 months. The hardest part begins... Waiting.

thank you all for answering :nice: the site wouldn't let me multi-quote unfortunately.

I will mostly pre-order the physical copy of the album when that option becomes available online. It definitely will cost a lot since the shipping & the taxes & it will reach me a month after the world has got it :lol: ( happened with GS). I will do it out of support for the band I like, & as jc90 said, it's every 3 years, not every other day so I would't die of poverty if I bought the album :D

I always buy books written by my favourite authors out of support too, even though I know for sure I don't have time to read them. Same goes for my favorite band..

Same. Pirating songs/movies/books/etc. has never sat right with me. If I enjoy it, then purchasing it is my way of saying "make more of this!" To each their own though :P

And as for when we'll hear new material, I would hazard that we might hear something before the end of the summer, especially if the guys are still aiming for a 2015 release. I do hope that they don't go the route of playing half their new songs live before an official release like they did with MX, though--it spoils the surprise a bit

I would like to add that GS songs were also revealed (in snippets) on the interview with Zane. Although they haven't played much of it live, almost all the songs were played on that interview. And with just nine tracks (excluding the songs on the deluxe edition), It was pretty disappointing.

I would like to add that GS songs were also revealed (in snippets) on the interview with Zane. Although they haven't played much of it live, almost all the songs were played on that interview. And with just nine tracks (excluding the songs on the deluxe edition), It was pretty disappointing.

Yep. The interview itself is great, and I liked how they were slightly played, but I was really disappointed with it being such a short album. I hope all we get this time is whatever single(s) they choose, and maybe one or two other songs.

I'm eagerly awaiting some kind of update on the album every day now, as in I'm almost compulsively checking here to hopefully find new rumors to discuss.. it can't be healthy.

welcome to the daily ordeal that is a Coldplayers life LOL

Yep. The interview itself is great, and I liked how they were slightly played, but I was really disappointed with it being such a short album. I hope all we get this time is whatever single(s) they choose, and maybe one or two other songs.

It really was short. I was only semi satisfied with the extra songs added the later on, although I don't count "O (Reprise)" as a song :mean:

And I got super disappointed when the new joke songs Coldplay had released for retired Radio DJs, boring war movies and skits, were better than anything from the GS album. I mean, cOME ON REALLY

welcome to the daily ordeal that is a Coldplayers life LOL

It really was short. I was only semi satisfied with the extra songs added the later on, although I don't count "O (Reprise)" as a song :mean:

And I got super disappointed when the new joke songs Coldplay had released for retired Radio DJs, boring war movies and skits, were better than anything from the GS album. I mean, cOME ON REALLY

Ghost Story tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ok.. so a guy that was involved with shooting ink at RAH tweeted this and deleted it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Jamie Carter's deleted tweet regarding the filming of a potential Coldplay music video <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/aheadfullofdreams?src=hash">#aheadfullofdreams</a> <a href="http://t.co/KctuRc4SX7">pic.twitter.com/KctuRc4SX7</a></p>— Atlas Project (@ColdplayAtlas) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/609352915304714240">June 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

when cldplay fans caught up to him, he said it wasn't for a video.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just to clarify, I was not filming a music video... Just a message to a fan. Keep calm everyone.</p>— Jamie Carter (@iamjakarta) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamjakarta/status/609354078691422209">June 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

whatever the case is, there are a lot going on behind the scenes!

I'm willing to believe that it was actually for a video message and not a music video, just because I think its still a bit early for LP7 to emerge. But did he really not expect fans to bombard him with questions? The biggest band in the world has been in the offseason, and you say you're working on a video with them...and you don't expect ppl to start asking questions? Yeah right....

I'm willing to believe that it was actually for a video message and not a music video, just because I think its still a bit early for LP7 to emerge. But did he really not expect fans to bombard him with questions? The biggest band in the world has been in the offseason, and you say you're working on a video with them...and you don't expect ppl to start asking questions? Yeah right....

Yeah... Any news or rumors will definitely excite too many fans esp. at this point in time. He can do that with an indie band but not with a massive global artist like Coldplay. They maybe past their prime (arguably) but their fanbase is rock-solid. If a question is like a rocket, he'll probably get thousands of rockets at his back.

It's possible that they're past their prime (too soon to say) but from the looks of the last two albums Chris can still pump out hit singles if he wants to. Coldplay ain't going anywhere anytime soon if they don't want to.

I had a brainwave the last day on my way to school...

They released this timeline and confirmed AHFOD and it was said that AHFOD would be a culmination of sorts. They're promoting random events from the timeline of past shows and stuff every now and then on twitter.

My own wish/belief:

Thinking about all this made me wonder, what if this new album was to be a collection of what the band think to be all the best unreleased songs from every era? I know its not likely but still it would be cool. Imagine hearing Don Quixote or

dare I say it

Car Kids

in their full form. Also, the "dreams" in the title could be a metaphor for ideas.....

They released this timeline and confirmed AHFOD and it was said that AHFOD would be a culmination of sorts. They're promoting random events from the timeline of past shows and stuff every now and then on twitter.

My own wish/belief:

Thinking about all this made me wonder, what if this new album was to be a collection of what the band think to be all the best unreleased songs from every era? I know its not likely but still it would be cool. Imagine hearing Don Quixote or

dare I say it

Car Kids

in their full form. Also, the "dreams" in the title could be a metaphor for ideas.....

Lol i was kind off thinking the same for some reason i had a strong feeling that Famous old painters would be on A Head Full Of Dreams :)

My own wish/belief:

dare I say it

Car Kids

Yes

My own wish/belief:

dare I say it

Car Kids

[emoji304] [emoji304][emoji304][emoji304][emoji304] Oh my.....imagine the brilliance.....Car Kids, Don Quixote & Famous Old Painters....it would be ahhhhmazing......*skips out whistling* [emoji5]️