✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a brainwave the last day on my way to school...

They released this timeline and confirmed AHFOD and it was said that AHFOD would be a culmination of sorts. They're promoting random events from the timeline of past shows and stuff every now and then on twitter.

My own wish/belief:

Thinking about all this made me wonder, what if this new album was to be a collection of what the band think to be all the best unreleased songs from every era? I know its not likely but still it would be cool. Imagine hearing Don Quixote or

dare I say it

Car Kids

in their full form. Also, the "dreams" in the title could be a metaphor for ideas.....

NO, they won't. Not for this album definitely.

They might do it further down the line, when they can't write good songs & their record company pushes them to release anything to make money :/

I had a brainwave the last day on my way to school...

They released this timeline and confirmed AHFOD and it was said that AHFOD would be a culmination of sorts. They're promoting random events from the timeline of past shows and stuff every now and then on twitter.

My own wish/belief:

Thinking about all this made me wonder, what if this new album was to be a collection of what the band think to be all the best unreleased songs from every era? I know its not likely but still it would be cool. Imagine hearing Don Quixote or

dare I say it

Car Kids

in their full form. Also, the "dreams" in the title could be a metaphor for ideas.....

:wideeyed: That would be so great. We could hear all the Viva demos and unreleased ARoBttH songs . . .

AND THAT SONG WITH THE LYRICS ON THE MX ARTWORK

Probably not going to happen though :disappointed:

NO, they won't. Not for this album definitely.

They might do it further down the line, when they can't write good songs & their record company pushes them to release anything to make money :/

Yeah, it's highly unlikely that they'll do such thing. And I would prefer to hear the stuffs they are currently working on. Don't get me wrong. I really do love Don Quixote (part of its lyrics were used in Christmas Lights though) and songs like Ladder to the Sun (much like Gravity and Sleeping Sun, I regret that it didn't end up in the album [excluding the Tour Edition]). But I just want them to be in a separate album. Sort of a B-sides album like Dead in the Boot by Elbow.

Actually till now I thought Coldplay always had summer releases, but I just looked it up and that's true for all albums other than MX, which was released in October. On the other hand, MX was already being promoted at festivals around this time, wasn't it ? It could well be that AHFOD will be released next spring only and then played on next year's festivals...a 1,5 - 2 years gap also sounds more probable to me, considering that when they had a large tour they always needed 3 years.

Actually till now I thought Coldplay always had summer releases, but I just looked it up and that's true for all albums other than MX, which was released in October. On the other hand, MX was already being promoted at festivals around this time, wasn't it ? It could well be that AHFOD will be released next spring only and then played on next year's festivals...a 1,5 - 2 years gap also sounds more probable to me, considering that when they had a large tour they always needed 3 years.

Yes, MX was already being promoted in June.

I also doubt that lp7 will be released this year.

seems jon hopkins won't be involved with lp7 :cry:

But I haven’t been to their studio for quite a long time. It’s more catching up as people than working together. Chris says he feels like [laughs] he milked me dry.

x

Although the guys aren't playing any festivals this time around (at least that I'm aware of), so maybe that means they're buckling down to get things finished up before the year is done?

Really, I'm flopping back and forth between thinking that the album is actually a lot farther along than a lot of us think and thinking that it's not going to be released until sometime next year :shrug: Coldplay are kind of unpredictable about this sort of thing, so who knows

Not having the same team on board can be a good thing to bring in fresh ideas. They are still in an experimental phase and adding something completely different to their discography is always a good thing. Weather it will be well received universally is a whole different matter but with bands like Coldplay, there's always bound to be at least a handful of tracks each fan will love. For me on Ghost Stories, it was Oceans and Midnight.

Really, I'm flopping back and forth between thinking that the album is actually a lot farther along than a lot of us think and thinking that it's not going to be released until sometime next year :shrug: Coldplay are kind of unpredictable about this sort of thing, so who knows

It's strange. Thing's have been very sparse recently and have a few days where things start to lift off, then it dies back down completely!