LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually glad jon hopkins won't be working on ahfod. [emoji2]

You know, I am too. I love the guy, but it's nice to see them not going back to the same people for each and every album. Not sure why, but this excites me more for AHFOD.

I'm getting the impression that this will be their first album since Viva where we will only hear a single or two before the album itself is released. I hope I'm right.

Famous old painters and don quixote are beautiful. I'd love to see an album in that vein. I die a little inside when I think of all the unreleased songs they have probably recorded in the past that are amazing but got scrapped for whatever reason. I'd absolutely love to hear some of the stuff that never made it from the X&Y era.

You know, I am too. I love the guy, but it's nice to see them not going back to the same people for each and every album. Not sure why, but this excites me more for AHFOD.

I'm getting the impression that this will be their first album since Viva where we will only hear a single or two before the album itself is released. I hope I'm right.

I am too. [emoji2] this album won't be as electronic as gs, which is a good thing. It's good to see the band switch up their producers. I'm anxious to see how davide rossi's horns are going to sound. [emoji2]

Not having the same team on board can be a good thing to bring in fresh ideas. They are still in an experimental phase and adding something completely different to their discography is always a good thing. Weather it will be well received universally is a whole different matter but with bands like Coldplay, there's always bound to be at least a handful of tracks each fan will love. For me on Ghost Stories, it was Oceans and Midnight.

It's strange. Thing's have been very sparse recently and have a few days where things start to lift off, then it dies back down completely!

A head full of dreams will be louder so that's a great thing. [emoji2]

The change in producers means stepping out of the comfort zone or maybe stepping out of the box. Hopkins had been a long time collaborator of Coldplay and he contributed a lot of amazing things. That being said, the change will somehow bring new ideas for the band to work on or develop certain areas that need more emphasis musically (ex. from Ken Nelson to Brian Eno). On the other hand, it is a risk for the band. At this point, I'm not sure what to feel about the change really. It could be good or bad. Sometimes, it's also beneficial to stick with someone you know because they are already familiar with what you can do and what you can bring into the table (ex. Nigel Godrich and Radiohead). But it could also start the possibility of mediocrity..

The change in producers means stepping out of the comfort zone or maybe stepping out of the box. Hopkins had been a long time collaborator of Coldplay and he contributed a lot of amazing things. That being said, the change will somehow bring new ideas for the band to work on or develop certain areas that need more emphasis musically (ex. from Ken Nelson to Brian Eno). On the other hand, it is a risk for the band. At this point, I'm not sure what to feel about the change really. It could be good or bad. Sometimes, it's also beneficial to stick with someone you know because they are already familiar with what you can do and what you can bring into the table (ex. Nigel Godrich and Radiohead). But it could also start the possibility of mediocrity..

It's both beneficial and a risk to take.

It would be great to have Eno back either as one of the producers or as a player (his role on MX was not really as a producer but more of a band member. The band actually gave him credits for most of the songs for his additional compositions, coining the term "Enoxification").