✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I thought that album will be released about 1st of june, now i'm so disappointed :/ I don't know what to think... I feel like Chris started living his own life and there's no much place for a band, hope i'm wrong.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they're taking a break away from the studio. It seems that way with chris. With him being in dubai and in new york city for the fourth of july. I just wish they could share something, anything. [emoji17]

Chris is involved with Tidal isn't he? maybe we will see a release on that.

Coldplay would be the laughing stock of the music industry if they did that.

If they'd release it with anyone, I can see it being on Apple Music. It's very, very good so far. Many artists are already taking advantage of what is being offered, and as we all know, Coldplay has a pretty great relationship with Apple. I'm not saying it will be exclusive or anything, but I can see Coldplay giving priority to Apple Music over other streaming services.

"It's our seventh thing, and the way we look at it, it's like the last 'Harry Potter' book or something like that," Martin explained. "Not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something. I have to think of it as the final thing we're doing. Otherwise we wouldn't put everything into it."

Furthermore, a report from Gig Wise revealed how "Ghost Stories" is a part one of something big and that "A Head Full Of Dreams" is the finale to the series.

"You know Harry Potter and things have installments, and you know we just made an introspective record and didn't really do much around it," he said. "Secretly we may have something else in mind, but I accidentally told Zane [Lowe] about it."

"We're trying to make something colorful and uplifting and we're just having quite a good time making it because we've spent so long not making that kind of thing."

With no official words released for the new Coldplay album as of now, fans expect the release of their upcoming release to happen before the year ends.

(http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/217629/20150706/coldplay-new-album.htm)

quote in bold makes me think they are taking their time to polish every little thing until it's how they like it

i'm guessing it might be a little while and we found out that it was in mixing rather early... i expect a single this side of the year and an album not long after that *if* all goes smoothly

Can we get a bit of information from someone working with their label. I remember before GS was officially announced, we got a hint that a new Coldplay album will be released really soon.

Things can change during the album production process. Like X&Y for example. The lads scrapped half of X&Y near the first release date and pushed back the release so they could re-record.

So lads and lasses as we eagerly await the Coldplay camp to break their silence, what would you like to hear from the first single? If it indeed reaches us this year.

Anthemic song? something similar to Every teardrop?

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

For me, I'd love to hear Chris's acoustic guitar and soaring falsetto complimented well with some ambient guitar playing from Jonny. Something similar to Don't Panic, stripped back and simple without all the bells and whistles.

Hoping to hear something like Speed Of Sound. Nothing slow, like the guys have just chugged down monster drinks and they're all set to go. Hard, fast angry piano..a la Politik and Jonny's angry guitar..Wil and Guy to follow. Something to wake us all out of sleep, capture some attention to the world.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

So lads and lasses as we eagerly await the Coldplay camp to break their silence, what would you like to hear from the first single? If it indeed reaches us this year.

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

For me, I'd love to hear Chris's acoustic guitar and soaring falsetto complimented well with some ambient guitar playing from Jonny. Something similar to Don't Panic, stripped back and simple without all the bells and whistles.

The first release is going to anthemic for sure, most of the album will be on the louder side of things this time. Something like don't let it break your heart or glass of water would be great. [emoji7]

The first release is going to anthemic for sure, most of the album will be on the louder side of things this time. Something like don't let it break your heart or glass of water would be great. [emoji7]

Two songs I absolutely adore. Would not mind something like that at all. DLIBYH is one of Coldplay's most underrated songs.

Hoping to hear something like Speed Of Sound. Nothing slow, like the guys have just chugged down monster drinks and they're all set to go. Hard, fast angry piano..a la Politik and Jonny's angry guitar..Wil and Guy to follow. Something to wake us all out of sleep, capture some attention to the world.

Lol...A monster drink? Sounds delicious...I could use some hard and fast ...piano...[emoji15]

Piano Ballad?

Something else entirely?

Something similar to what postcards said . . . loud and heavy, with lyrics to back it up. A la Violet Hill, Politik, GPASUYF, Twisted Logic, etc.

Or something dark and melancholy, like ARoBttH (song) or Cemeteries of London

Probably won't happen, especially since this is supposed to be a "happy" album, but a girl can hope :disappointed:

ALL OF IT! :) But really, my criteria: NOTHING BORING! Boring has nothing to do with genre, loudness, or instrumentation. It has to do with songwriting, originality, creativity and lyrics!

For example: Love me like you do, la la love me like you do = BORING and The EDM "wall of sound" part of ASFOS=BORING :inquisitive:

Whereas Uptown Funk's fun instrumentation and style, along with a Coldplay track like, say, Politik, Violet Hill, HLH, White Shadows, are anything but boring. :smug:

Just my opinion obviously, but I feel like there are distinct differences. For my taste, Coldplay can do anything, any style or tempo or theme, so long as it isn't boring!

Well, if the piano is rockin..then you know what's next to rockin! :smug2: :sneaky: ooh, wrong thread. :D :angel:

Oh my. [emoji446] A glass of water beside the piano....thirsty thirsty thirsty [emoji98][emoji98][emoji98]

I just get the feeling Coldplay might have to go hard on this record. I've made it pretty clear that I'm a MUSE fan in areas of these forums, but I think if Coldplay maintain the pop antics that have been on MX and GS, it might prove damaging for the actual image of the band. I think it's fair to say Coldplay are no longer compared to the likes of radio head, travis, and oasis but now imagine dragons, maroon 5, and one Republic. I would love to see them do a drones, (recent release from muse) and try and shake off the poppy sound. I know bands need to change and evolve, but there have been a number of bands going a lot heavier and it's worked i.e muse and Mumford and sons. I think if Coldplay could find the depths that they once had lyrically and beefed up the sound a bit more, it could prove to be a very successful record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things can change during the album production process. Like X&Y for example. The lads scrapped half of X&Y near the first release date and pushed back the release so they could re-record.

Good point though I'm still expecting a late 2015 release at this point. A summer 2016 release would be the latest I think. Festival time