LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

To play devil's advocate, Stargate (who is rumoured to be a producer for LP7) produced this track so perhaps there would be some ​influences

I know Stargate have produced some songs on a head full of dreams but i don't think the songs will be as mainstream as Miracles.

• Administrators
Has anyone here with the technical expertise tried to see if there is some activity at Coldplay.com at least behind the curtains? I remember that was one of the first things we noticed before other eras were officially announced...

Try hack dev.coldplay.com and see what their new site looks like!

^ Some of my fondest moments from Coldplay come from when I wake up in the morning, check Facebook, see a new song, and listen to it on repeat while still lying in bed waiting for the sun to rise.

There's something very peaceful and intimate about it, even if the song isn't meant to be peaceful or intimate :lol:

. . . Plus it makes me excited enough to actually get out of bed and get ready for the day

So hopefully they continue to go the route of releasing songs while I'm asleep. I suppose that means midnight where I am (6 am in England)?

Guest diogo_sg
^ Some of my fondest moments from Coldplay come from when I wake up in the morning, check Facebook, see a new song, and listen to it on repeat while still lying in bed waiting for the sun to rise.

There's something very peaceful and intimate about it, even if the song isn't meant to be peaceful or intimate [emoji38]

. . . Plus it makes me excited enough to actually get out of bed and get ready for the day

So hopefully they continue to go the route of releasing songs while I'm asleep. I suppose that means midnight where I am (6 am in England)?

I want to experience that too :heaven:

I'm back.

And the melody and structure of the song is very similar to Ride's Dreams Burn Down. I can see it clearly as an inspiration because Jonny is very fond on that kind of music. We can say that it's not their most original song

I agree. I really like it. One of the best CP songs IMO but it's not their most original song by any means. It makes up for the lyrics lol.

The Mumbai shoot was most certainly a music video. No offense to iHeart Radio, but it is not big enough to warrant a huge multi-day video shoot hahaha.

Either way, I was doing some research on music video production and we should expect something soon. It makes sense: the planning and organizing that goes into a video shoot is enormous. By the time the shooting is all wrapped up, the footage should be exactly what they need. So adding colours, effects, and laying over the music should take 1-2 weeks.

If this video is anything like ASFOS (1 or 2 camera's, everything done live in real time), then it should take them even less time. I would hope for tomorrow, but that is a little optimistic maybe :)

Yeah, ASFOS was an exceptional case because they did everything live in real time hence why it didn't take so long to come out. We don't know anything about the production pf this new most likely music video except that actually getting the footage was rather quick which is a good sign. Either way, we should expect something decently soon.

And I agree with the iHeart thing. It isn't big enough for what Coldplay did. Coldplay most likely wouldn't have gone through the trouble of taking a long plane flight for just something like iHeart. Whatever the case it's likely that iHeart will show probably a new single that Coldplay's made. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go to a place like iHeart if they weren't going to be showcasing new material. Let's just see what happens.... :P

To be fair, lead singles aren't usually put out because they're "original"; they're put out because they're appealing and will generate hype for an album. Shiver, In My Place, Speed of Sound (or was it Fix You?), Violet Hill, ETiaW, and Magic . . . I wouldn't call any of them the best/most original song on their respective albums by any stretch.

That's part of the reason why everyone seems to like Coldplay's deeper cuts better--they usually wind up being better songs!

Except for Violet Hill. If any of you say a bad thing about Violet Hill we can't be friends anymore :whip:

:P

But srsly don't talk bad about my baby

I agree with your first statement. The lead singles usually give at least a slight idea of how the album will sound but it usually isn't the best of the whole album. It's something to generate hype and excitement for the album knowing how at least it'll sound a little bit. It'd be exciting now since we're getting something official from Coldplay for the first time since the timeline went up. I can't wait.... :D

@ the spoiler: Sorry buddy, 42 and VLV > Violet Hill. Not sayin' it's bad, it's actually a pretty awesome song. I'd argue that In My Place might be the best from AROBTTH but that may be a strech since you have The Scientist and Clocks which are both amazing...

The music video is second billing to the actual song. I would be perfectly content to get the audio of the single tomorrow and not get the video for another 2-3 weeks. Yeah, the concept with the Holi powder, the new LP7 style and the fact that the video was shot in India is all very interesting, but let us remember the actual single is the most important thing.

I completely agree. I would be fine to have the audio right tomorrow if it meant we had to wait a few more weeks for the music video. The single is the most important thing right now. Many people are judging this album way too early just because it slightly resembles MX. People need to calm down and listen to the single when it comes out before complaining. You shouldn't be actually complaining about something you have mostly no idea about. :P

I was doing some research to see when other singles were released and there is really no way of telling. Some were on a Monday, some a Tuesday, and others on a Friday. One things for sure, we will get something this week. Whether it be before or at the festival. Worst comes to worst, they play it at the festival and then give us a release date. I just don't know if Coldplay want to give people a few days to get to know the song, or if they just want to debut it at the festival. The first option makes more sense to me, which means tomorrow or Tuesday looks promising. That way they create some radio buzz, so when they take the stage people are ready and want to hear the new single.

IMO this is now the most exciting portion of our wait. We know it's going to be this week most likely, but we don't know when. It could be out tomorrow and the forum could crash. Or they could debut it at the festival. I hope they release it before the festival because as you said it'll create radio buzz and make everyone want to hear it at the stage. :D

I dont know how you see anything....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32311[/ATTACH]

There's something very peaceful and intimate about it, even if the song isn't meant to be peaceful or intimate :lol:

That reminds me of when Violet Hill was released for free. I downloaded it right when it was available, right before I had to walk to school. I took that 30 minute walk with it on repeat and perhaps at a slightly slower pace so I can fit an extra loop around

IMO this is now the most exciting portion of our wait. We know it's going to be this week most likely, but we don't know when. It could be out tomorrow and the forum could crash. Or they could debut it at the festival. I hope they release it before the festival because as you said it'll create radio buzz and make everyone want to hear it at the stage. :D

Agreed! It's going to be a very exciting week!

That reminds me of when Violet Hill was released for free. I downloaded it right when it was available, right before I had to walk to school. I took that 30 minute walk with it on repeat and perhaps at a slightly slower pace so I can fit an extra loop around

I remember when I first listened to VH too. I actually downloaded it early in the morning but was nervous to hear it for some reason. I think it was just the anticipation and I had gotten busy with other stuff, but I finally sat down and listened to it later on during the evening. I was blown away. Couldn't believe I waited all day to listen to it. It was an awesome moment.

First off all, refreshing that for once there were only 5 pages to go through today, even though these 5 pages were about virtually NOTHING new ;)

I hope the audio will be released tomorrow...that would be awesome. I don't need a music video right now, i just need an audio !

As for In my Place, yes there are some similarities in the guitar riff to the posted song but it's still one of the best Coldplay songs ! Am I the only person who actually likes the lyrics on In my Place ?

First off all, refreshing that for once there were only 5 pages to go through today, even though these 5 pages were about virtually NOTHING new ;)

I hope the audio will be released tomorrow...that would be awesome. I don't need a music video right now, i just need an audio !

As for In my Place, yes there are some similarities in the guitar riff to the posted song but it's still one of the best Coldplay songs ! Am I the only person who actually likes the lyrics on In my Place ?

I hope it's released tomorrow too. Also about In My Place do you mean the "How long must you wait/pay for it" lyrics? Also when I got back I encountered the same thing, nothing new :P

I enjoy the In My Place lyrics too... :)

We definitely could get the single's audio on YouTube or whatever before the official release. Remember, for the past few albums they usually uploaded the "official audio" for the first 1-2 singles (as well as Major Minus and Moving to Mars). Of course, now every album track is on the YouTube channel.

@AMDB9: Great !

I hope it's released tomorrow too. Also about In My Place do you mean the "How long must you wait/pay for it" lyrics? Also when I got back I encountered the same thing, nothing new :P

The similarity is in the guitar riff, but honestly, for nearly every song nowadays can you find something that has a similar sound for part of the song...there's only so many sounds, so I wouldn't freak out about that too much.

As for the lyrics you mentioned, yeah I actually like them. But I prefer the "tired and underprepared" part ;)