LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion on the three snippets:

AHFOD sounds good to me. I knew it wasn't going to sound exactly like the live version, but it doesn't sound overproduced to me. The most important thing: it still has the U2 feeling to it and that's a good thing!

Birds sounds pretty interesting. Obviously it's too early to judge the song by a few seconds but it doesn't sound like EDM or R'n'B. As someone pointed out earlier, maybe this will have a Kid A vibe to it.

Hymn for the Weekend: Okay this might be the ASFOS of this album. The snippet reveals that it's going to be a very mainstream R'n'B track. Some people like that - good for them, but for me that's an absolute no-go. I'm going to say it: For all Oldplayers this is probably going to be the worst song in their career, even topping PoC.

Okay so I'm pretty sure I have never gotten out of bed faster than I just did when I saw the three snippets :lol:

Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed with any of them so far, BUT I think they are all just the bridges of each song. It's certainly the bridge that's being played in the AHFoD snippet, and with all the other weird little things in the other two, I'm pretty sure that's the case there also.

Hope is not entirely lost, everyone ;) (although it's dying fast . . . )

manmanmanman holy fuck .... BIRDS !!!

Here We Go Magic just drools all over da place in this track. But it's a gooooooood thing !!! Finally a song without ooooh aaaaah cheese and stuff. And more importantly (what seems to be) an INSPIRED song.

HFTW and AHFOD seem very very bland but I'll wait the full songs before misjudging them.

But this "Birds" groove sounds just awesome !! Can't wait for this one

I have to say when i heard these recent snippets i got the feeling "we (the band) won't give a fuck about what we just released, there is shitloads of different music to listen if you don't like it"

And i'm just loving it so far, because when so many people dislike something, it must be really good. :D