✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris on KROQ says no further toruing for Ghost Stories after this mini tour

halup

Chris was on Kevin and beans morning show on KROQ today and when asked about a larger tour for this album, he immediately said no. He explained that they couldn't see performing these songs in large arenas, as they are more intimate songs. He said the TV special (and supposed DVD release down the road) is in place of a full tour. As for the TV special this Sunday, he says it features only 6 of the 8 new songs plus 3 older songs. I assume a DVD release would probably include all 8 songs.

At one point during the interview he mentioned a new song that may be released next year. Perhaps their plan is to have a followup to Ghost Stories out next year and to then do a large scale tour behind it? I know someone stated in the Royce Hall thread that there was a meeting at Atlantic about a tour for early 2015 Either they decided against doing that or maybe it is to go along with another album?

I do remember at the Saturday afternoon video shoot at Sony for the TV special/DVD that during a short break in filming, a girl yelled out asking when the tour would start and Chris responded by saying that he didn't know and that they were focusing on doing just small shows, which is the current mini tour.

Im bummed out but i understand. Ive been dying to see Coldplay because I missed the last tour and I was listening to this album all day thinking how awkward Id feel going to this concert with the person I planned on bringing with me. Im a bit sad though. Could be that I keep looping O too lol

Lol. If they don't wanna tour, they don't have to tour, but the idea that the songs are "too intimate" is a bullshit excuse. They don't have to play arenas, and even if they do, they've played plenty of slow and quiet songs in arenas.

I was standing next to an Atlantic records employee at the Iheart radio event this evening and he said the guys would be releasing another album in about a year and would be doing a tour with that album. He said that the current mini-tour they have scheduled is all they will be doing until the new album comes out.

:( When they cancelled MX Tour I thought there would be another tour with the following album, funny that they release said album and then don't tour...or just do a small tour in the same cities they always play for the same people that can always go. Sorry I'm so sad about it.

Frankly, it's more clear now what happened with the Latin tour of Mylo that was supposed to take place last year around Jan through March - they canceled without explanation. But it seems that Chris canceled it because Gwyneth probably was getting tired of him being on the road and away all the time (either in the studio, or on tour)... he tried to make it work, even moving out to L.A. to make it easier for her, but despite the attempt and whatever else that followed for the past year - it didn't work out. In that process, Chris went into a songwriting process that was both cathartic and therapeutic for him. The result is another brilliant album by Coldplay - that's what you get when you have that much talent and chemistry in a band.

They are not touring it extensively for logistic reasons, primarily. The way they want this album to be is more intimate with this elaboate in the round stage set up like we saw on the tv special. That cost 4 million dollars to set up one time. Unfortunately they don't have U2 level money yet, and can't afford it. So, they compromised and made a film to visualize the album for audiences.

Anyway, what that means is that they have another album coming soon by late 2015, or early 2016... or perhaps even earlier in 2015 if they feel confident in the tracks they produce/create. This is kind of amazing especially as they do traditionally have 3 yrs between albums. I only hope they take their time and produce quality work rather than rush another album out because they just want to tour. I doubt they would do that, as Will wouldn't allow it (thank god for Will, btw).. Anyway, can't wait.