✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official 2014 World Cup in BRA71L thread!

Sparky

Time to start one for all us Football/soccer mad Coldplayers :)

World Cup 2014 kicks off on June 12th, really cannot wait!

Comon England! USA are in the group of death, they might be able to sneak past Portugal in Ronaldo is off form ;)

The times below are in GMT (minus 5 hours for EST)

World-Cup-2014-groupings.png

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooooo Belgium!

Belgium are my neutral team to watch, a lot of people are rating them, very balanced and powerful team, you will get to the quarters at least I think and I want Fellaini and Januzaj to do well :D

Germany are one of the favourites, along with Brazil and Spain :) Spain's squad is scary...

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid CF), Pepe Reina (SSC Napoli), David de Gea (Manchester United FC).

Defenders: Juanfran (Club Atlético de Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF), Raúl Albiol (SSC Napoli), Gerard Piqué (FC Barcelona), Jordi Alba (FC Barcelona), Javi Martínez (FC Bayern München), César Azpilicueta (Chelsea FC).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (FC Barcelona), Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona), Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona), Cesc Fàbregas (FC Barcelona), Pedro Rodríguez (FC Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid CF), Koke (Club Atlético de Madrid), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal FC), Juan Mata (Manchester United FC), David Silva (Manchester City FC).

Forwards: David Villa (Club Atlético de Madrid), Diego Costa (Club Atlético de Madrid), Fernando Torres (Chelsea FC).

Almost every player is world class, that team is scary beyond belief!

I'm watching England v Ecuador right now

^the last Spain's game I watched, the players were not meshing and really tired.

Idk, all can be sorted out 'till June 12th but it feels that La Roja lost some of its power

I did see somewhere that their players have played the most minutes out of the big teams

Belgium are my neutral team to watch, a lot of people are rating them, very balanced and powerful team, you will get to the quarters at least I think and I want Fellaini and Januzaj to do well :D

I hope we do well. It's been like 12 years since we qualified for a big tournament and the country is going crazy! There are special ice cream thingies, a guy here in town actually painted his house in the colours of our flag, the players' trainings are being live streamed,...

red_devils_rocket.jpg?itok=aRIax1Rn

BpIXYX_IIAALchP.jpg:large

It's quite special because a party that wants to separate the north from the south has just won the elections. They say we're 2 different parts with a different culture because we speak a different language (such bollocks), but in terms of football I think we're more unified than ever! :lol:

Joined the fantasy league now, watch out for Van Matazaj ;D

Chile are ones to watch!

I really wanted Sanchez but he was quite expensive I thought, he is really cheap on the other fantasy league websites.

They're showing some of the street paintings people have done in Brazil for the world cup on Google maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/streetview/brazils-painted-streets/rua-sao-cristovao-1/lodi98IrcgEAAAQW-qy0NA

Although I'm not really sure they're showing off the best side of Brazil if that street is anything to go by.

Well, if u want to see the best side take a walk on street view on the beaches and etc.

Just 'cos a street look ugly doesn't mean it's dangerous or something like that...

LET'S GO CROATIA!

Croatia have nothing to lose. Lose and they were expected to anyway, win and it will be one of the greatest World Cup shocks ever (maybe not as a great as France v Senegal)

World Cup kick off day, absolutely stoked!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Croatia have nothing to lose. Lose and they were expected to anyway, win and it will be one of the greatest World Cup shocks ever (maybe not as a great as France v Senegal)

World Cup kick off day, absolutely stoked!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh yeah, I can remember that day in 2002 when at school, the news that the might of France (holders of both the World Cup & European Cup) had fallen against Senegal.

I can also remember the school opening up early in order to be able to watch the england games (which were on at 7/8 in the morning), those were the days

Oh yeah, I can remember that day in 2002 when at school, the news that the might of France (holders of both the World Cup & European Cup) had fallen against Senegal.

I can also remember the school opening up early in order to be able to watch the england games (which were on at 7/8 in the morning), those were the days

Same here, I saw the last 10 minutes at school during a break and how everyone who so griped to see if Senegal would hang on.

The Brazil match was about 9-10am I think, Michael Owen scored when I was on the bus and the few people on it were cheering lol then people were actually celebrating when Ronaldinho scored, those kids who thought it was cool to support Brazil over England :P

I can't see Brazil winning the World Cup, I just don't think they have a strong enough squad. Don't understand why they left out Coutinho after the season he has had!