✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi girls and guys. I'm getting excited now. Train tickets from Manchester booked and will get in to Euston at around 4pm. We have stage seats. Do you think we will see the back of the band? I would love them to play Warning Sign.

Form the RAH website, in case it has not been posted here yet:

18:00 doors

20:00 Aluna George

21:00 Coldplay

22:45 ends

Looks like we are in for a normal 1 1/2 hours set

It does say subject to change, so i'm trying not to get my hopes up!

I so hope it'll be a proper length. But I suppose it will be as it's London and the Albert Hall. Homeground and they have nothing to hurry for (like in Paris when they seemed to be late and also seemed like they have to leave early to catch their flight/ last departure slot whatever...hence the concert being so short)...

Think it will be special and remember in Sydney they played a second encore - I think the odds will be with us here ;)

DONT SPOIL THE SETLIST PLEASE

but wait what why would your mother get an email from Debs?

Basically, my mum emailed saying that it was my first concert, how I've learnt all their songs on piano and how my fav song was Politik. Debs replied and just said that it is a great choice for my first concert and, although Politik was her favourite too, it wasn't gonna be played tomorrow. But tomorrow might not mean wednesday :D

My girlfriend got really sick and had to stay at home so I have a spare for Stalls M row 5 on the 2nd. Wouldn't mind exchanging so I can attend the 1st aswell if someones got a spare for then. Also now I need someone to spend my days with as I'm alone.... Pm me if interested in any of the 2. I leave Sweden now so am free all Tuesday and Wednesday :)

Basically, my mum emailed saying that it was my first concert, how I've learnt all their songs on piano and how my fav song was Politik. Debs replied and just said that it is a great choice for my first concert and, although Politik was her favourite too, it wasn't gonna be played tomorrow. But tomorrow might not mean wednesday :D

Who's Debs?!

I phoned both G+T and RAH earlier to ask when the Box Office opens as I will be picking mine up at RAH. G+T said 6:30pm and RAH said 6pm. Thing is, actual venue doors open at 6:30pm so if Box Office opens at 6pm, surely it'll be a mad rush to then join the queue for the RAH let alone get into the place? It doesn't help that I'll be in Gallery standing so want to rush to be at the front of the standing section. The RAH website says Box Office is open 9am til 9pm. Strange. What are people's plans in terms of times and getting in queues to pick up tickets/get into the venue? x

I phoned both G+T and RAH earlier to ask when the Box Office opens as I will be picking mine up at RAH. G+T said 6:30pm and RAH said 6pm. Thing is, actual venue doors open at 6:30pm so if Box Office opens at 6pm, surely it'll be a mad rush to then join the queue for the RAH let alone get into the place? It doesn't help that I'll be in Gallery standing so want to rush to be at the front of the standing section. The RAH website says Box Office is open 9am til 9pm. Strange. What are people's plans in terms of times and getting in queues to pick up tickets/get into the venue? x

It is a bit late to have the box office open.

Anyone know if there are any cafes around to have a drink in if the box office doesn't open until six?

Is there going to be a meetup? I want to meet as many Coldplay fans as possible! If you're free come and say Hi to a friendly super cool 16 year old Coldplay maniac in seat 125, Row 8, West Choir on 2nd July![/color][/font][/size]

There's at least a Meet-up thread. Check it out ;)

I believe there's multiple entrances to the RAH. So it won't be like the Apollo last December where there was just 1 entrance/exit. So one you do collect your tickets, go to your allocated door entrance (mine's number 6). I don't think it's something to worry about too much :)

It doesn't help that I'll be in Gallery standing so want to rush to be at the front of the standing section. The RAH website says Box Office is open 9am til 9pm. Strange. What are people's plans in terms of times and getting in queues to pick up tickets/get into the venue? x

Your rush to the front of the standing section in the gallery shouldn't be too much of a worry. Remember, the gallery runs almost all the way round the perimeter of the venue at the top, so there's a *lot* of front row available and, even when full, It's barely more than 2 people deep.

As you're looking down, it really pays to be at the front, but as long as you're there promptly, you shouldn't have a problem.

It is a bit late to have the box office open.

Anyone know if there are any cafes around to have a drink in if the box office doesn't open until six?

The box office is open all day, as far as I'm aware. Though they may only be geared up for ticket collections from 6:30pm (it's possible that they have See/G&T people come in to do that, rather than the normal box office - though I have no idea.

The RAH has some lovely restaurants/cafes - but pricey.

Best options are the eateries on the walk up Exhibition Road from South Kensington tube. I'm a fan of Comptoir Libanais (Lebanese food) on the left - loads of tables outside if it's a nice day. Do make sure you have the Batata Harra from the Mezze menu - it's lush. Or, if you just fancy a tea/coffee, head into the Victoria & Albert museum and make sure you sit in one of the old victorian dining rooms - exquisite!