✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[06-DEC-2014] BMW Welt, Munich, GER

This topic has been discussed many times, the length of set list. just my thoughts, my opinion. Every performer knows his/her/their limits. What they can and can not do and they want to do it 110%. They do not want to disappoint. Maybe Coldplay played more songs on the set list a while back. I know my stat ppl here know exactly how many songs they performed 9 years ago. Maybe the set list at this show is what they as a group feels this is the point where they are at their best.

Obliviously, they think long and hard over it. It is also to set a mood. Yes, many other bands play way many more songs. But, its not about the quantity, its about the quality for Coldplay, (sorry if i am assuming I know them, I do not) just my opinion. Do you ever leave your seat to go buy a drink or take a piss during the gig? NEVER!! Coldplay holds you hypnotized from beginning to end. I loved the Ghost Stories tour so much, so blessed to see them at The Beacon. The set list told a story. It was so beautiful. I know how lucky I was. And the thing is, Coldplay leaves you wanting more and we do.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic has been discussed many times, the length of set list. just my thoughts, my opinion. Every performer knows his/her/their limits. What they can and can not do and they want to do it 110%. They do not want to disappoint. Maybe Coldplay played more songs on the set list a while back. I know my stat ppl here know exactly how many songs they performed 9 years ago. Maybe the set list at this show is what they as a group feels this is the point where they are at their best.

Obliviously, they think long and hard over it. It is also so set a mood. Yes, many other bands play way many more songs. But, its not about the quantity, its about the quality for Coldplay, (sorry if i am assuming I know them, I do not) just my opinion. Do you ever leave your seat to go buy a drink or take a piss during the gig? NEVER!! Coldplay holds you hypnotized from beginning to end. I loved the Ghost Stories tour so much, so blessed to see them at The Beacon. The set list told a story. It was so beautiful. I know how lucky I was. And the thing is, it leaves you wanting more and we do.

I think this is a fairly good point. These guys aren't in their early/mid twenties anymore. I think Coldplay as a band has aged incredibly, incredibly well. With that in mind, it's still a bit ridiculous to think that they can keep the level of endurance they had 7+ years ago. I think you nailed, it actually. This is likely the amount of songs they can present in their best possible form at this point in their careers.

Just in terms of Chris's voice and his frequent use of falsetto, I couldn't imagine how tiring it is to sing like that for an hour + straight.

I think this is a fairly good point. These guys aren't in their early/mid twenties anymore. I think Coldplay as a band has aged incredibly, incredibly well. With that in mind, it's still a bit ridiculous to think that they can keep the level of endurance they had 7+ years ago. I think you nailed, it actually. This is likely the amount of songs they can present in their best possible form at this point in their careers.

Just in terms of Chris's voice and his frequent use of falsetto, I couldn't imagine how tiring it is to sing like that for an hour + straight.

Couldn't have put it better myself! They are bloody brilliant and I wish I could have enjoyed them for 90 minutes of heaven.

I don't quite understand. So was the concert a disappointment or not?

It was no disappointment at all. They put 110% into every song they performed, the audience was great and also the light show they put on - especially the one during clocks - was impressive. The only thing people seem to be disappointed about is the amount of songs. But I think the posts above explain very well why they were performing for "only" 80 minutes and I can't understand that after such a great performance some people can only complain about not getting a few songs more instead of just appreciating what they got.

I don't quite understand. So was the concert a disappointment or not?

It wasn't a disappointment at all, it was a great concert, one of the best I've been to. Chris was in a very fun mood, making jokes and telling stories all the time. And I really liked the set list, although it was quite short they played many of the older songs everyone loves and some I would not have expected (Til kingdom come). It's about quality, not quantity. Plus you need to keep in mind that this was no real/normal tour. It's okay to pay a bit more for the privilege of a gig that intimate in my opinion.

I had an amazing night (2nd row, right in front of Chris + Phil's autograph on my ticket :dance:). And it was great to meet some of the people on the forum by the way! Thank you and greetings to Oz/Vampire, cheeetaz, fraetes and lost boy :)

I just spoke to a guy from uni who's been working (catering) at the meet and greet and the aftershow party yesterday. He said somebody told him that the band are coming back for a gig in Olympic Stadium (next to BMW Welt) in the next few weeks but I'm pretty sure he got that wrong somehow :P

He also said the band were too late for meet-and-greet and left the after show party early (around 10) and that Will doesn't drink alcohol. And they expected 1500 people to come, but only 1000 came (the 500 tickets that were not used must have been the ones that BMW gave away to their guests :/ ). And just if someone cares, they served "Fleischpflanzerl mit Kartoffelsalat" and "Currywurst" at the after show party, that's the most German food you can imagine :P

I just spoke to a guy from uni who's been working (catering) at the meet and greet and the aftershow party yesterday. He said somebody told him that the band are coming back for a gig in Olympic Stadium (next to BMW Welt) in the next few weeks but I'm pretty sure he got that wrong somehow :P

He also said the band were too late for meet-and-greet and left the after show party early (around 10) and that Will doesn't drink alcohol. And they expected 1500 people to come, but only 1000 came (the 500 tickets that were not used must have been the ones that BMW gave away to their guests :/ ). And just if someone cares, they served "Fleischpflanzerl mit Kartoffelsalat" and "Currywurst" at the after show party, that's the most German food you can imagine :P

Lecker [emoji4]

It was another splendid night and I was happy to be there to maybe celebrate the end of this era! Too short? - Yes always, but I've been to shows of them where they played less and by now I know what to expect. They make every second count for sure (especially Will, you drum monster!).

Loved the location and that we could wait inside for most of the time. My estimated 15 layers of clothing were not really needed. It was just a bit tiring that the entry procedure changed about every 5 minutes and nobody could confirm how it would be done. All out at 4 pm, everybody can stay, numbers on tickets first, numbers don't mean a thing, everybody behind the barriers, everybody except the first 35, doors at 4:30, doors at 5:30...ugh.

B4RHkvTIYAIZ0K8.jpg

Loving the piano. Who's the guy in front of it? Can he even play it?

B4RHzkmIUAAgNgR.jpg

So cute how Jonny was laughing about all of Chris's jokes. All of them. :D

B4RH-8ZIEAAmhtN.jpg

Chris starring as deer caught in the headlights (or his laser lights).

BTW, I loved all the regular museum visitors realising what was going on.

"Oh, they're playing Coldplay music in here - nice." - "That IS Coldplay. They're soundchecking over there around the corner."

*about 500 people walking by the merch stand* *eyes getting bigger and bigger* "Are Coldplay here tonight?"

"Are there still tickets?" - "Nope." - "Can I buy yours by any chance? I'll give you €100." -"No. And the ticket was €100. Still no, though." :D

Awesome! [emoji4]

...but how could you win his towel? [emoji1]

At the end of the show, a man started to put everything away. He began by launching the playlist in the public, a woman catched it ; and then, he did the same with the towel and I catched it and I tightened it strongly.

Regarding those "VIPs". We were standing in the queue to get entrance to the Auditorium, where the concert was held. En elder couple (with VIP wristbands) had a little dispute about getting here so late etc. Truly not the usual Coldplay audience.

Anyway, they asked two fans, what they had paid for their tickets. Hearing the price, the lady replies "oh, we got ours as a gift. I actually had to check on Youtube, what Coldplay sounds like. But unfortunately, we couldn't get any seating places, just standing". :angry::angry::angry:

That's just rubbish, letting people like these into a concert.

Regarding those "VIPs". We were standing in the queue to get entrance to the Auditorium, where the concert was held. En elder couple (with VIP wristbands) had a little dispute about getting here so late etc. Truly not the usual Coldplay audience.

Anyway, they asked two fans, what they had paid for their tickets. Hearing the price, the lady replies "oh, we got ours as a gift. I actually had to check on Youtube, what Coldplay sounds like. But unfortunately, we couldn't get any seating places, just standing". :angry::angry::angry:

That's just rubbish, letting people like these into a concert.

Ok....

They don't have to love coldplay but they shouldn't say someting like this in front of a coldplayer :lol: (paid 100 euro for tickets & waited 6 hours for front row at freezing cold weather)

Hi Guys , sorry i am only posting now , I was really limited with internet access. For me the show was a dream come true - I always wanted to be in the front row for a Coldplay concert and I managed to achieve that yesterday. The set list was exactly what I was hoping for as bearing in mind I haven't been to see them since 2010 , so the likes of Charlie Brown , ETIAW were a first for me. I have some brilliant footage which i will share once i am back in Ireland and I will also post a full review.

Some of my Highlights :)

1. Managed to get the into the 1st row - on front of Johnny

2. Johnny gave me his guitar plec after the show

3. Meeting Phil

4. Best moment of the show for me (Chris playing the laser harp during midnight right on front of me)

5. The venue (BMW Welt) - I am a big car enthusiast

I will follow up with a review and footage soon!