✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7 FACTS Thread - WE KNOW EVERYTHING NOV 6

jc90

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have on the first post that they've been working since Summer 2014. TBH, I dunno where I got that date from. GS was released in Spring 2014, so that would make it seem like they started on LP7 right after.

I may be confusing facts from fiction, but I was under the impression that AHFoD was originally being worked on after MX. But after the Chris/Gwyneth breakup, they put that on hold to do GS. Now with GS done, they continue their work on a half finished AHFoD. I may be way off, but I really don't remember if that's a theory or fact.

^I agree with you. I think all the evidence has made it hard to confirm who is producing at all since the guys confirmed that Ghost Stories was a detour from AHFOD. I think that both producers are extremely likely, but we don't know what project they could all be working on. It is also possible that the boys have written all of the songs and are now just bringing in the producers to spruce it up and hone them further. This is speculation though, so wrong thread, sorry ;)

Well, I have on the first post that they've been working since Summer 2014. TBH, I dunno where I got that date from. GS was released in Spring 2014, so that would make it seem like they started on LP7 right after.

I may be confusing facts from fiction, but I was under the impression that AHFoD was originally being worked on after MX. But after the Chris/Gwyneth breakup, they put that on hold to do GS. Now with GS done, they continue their work on a half finished AHFoD. I may be way off, but I really don't remember if that's a theory or fact.

You know that isn't such a bad theory. Now that I think about it, remember Rik Simpson posted an Instagram video and Paul Epworth commented asking, "See ya this weekend?" Maybe Daniel Green, Rik Simpson and Paul Epworth were the producers Coldplay choose for LP7. And they just happened to be there to help Chris and co. take a detour and make Ghost Stories while putting LP7 on hold until Chris "got this out of his system". This is all just speculation of course. :P

Thanks for the response, seems like they've been add it for a while, hopefully that means there's not too much time to go! It definitely makes sense that they stopped to make GS and are now heading back to the studio to finish AHFoD, or maybe they were working on them at the same time

you all forgot this....https://twitter.com/whynotppl/status/560729080753303552?lang=de

there is no date for the concert...but it was rumoured to be the begining of a world tour...

i remember now. But I also remember at the time not being sure if this is a one off gig or the start of a tour.

So a lovely snippet from Chris came via Rolling Stones mag

Speaking to Rolling Stone after the event, Martin reflected on his band’s last year, which saw the group’s relatively low-profile release of new album Ghost Stories and did not include any major accompanying tour. "It was very healthy for us as a group of friends to not spend two years touring every time," Martin says. "There’s now a great hunger in the band to go out on the road. As for the group's upcoming album A Head Full of Dreams, Martin says that the band is "working with some really amazing people," but declined to give specific names. "We’re in the studio a lot, and a lot of things are coming through. It’s a lovely time to be in the band."

sauce

Nothing really new that we haven't said already in this thread. Kinda just reconfirms what was already said. That a huge tour is following and that collaborations are in store (producers or vocal guests).

Some somewhat new info courtesy of Billboard. I'll quote the important parts and link the sauce

Chris Martin has spent the last 15 years as the frontman of Coldplay, the most successful British rock band of the millennium with 18.2 million albums and 33.6 million song downloads sold in the United States (according to Nielsen Music). But the group's future is uncertain after the planned release of its final (for now, anyway) album A Head Full of Dreams on Parlophone/Atlantic later in the year, and a stadium tour tentatively set for summer 2016, Billboard has learned.

Instead, Coldplay's farewell trek will be the band's first proper world outing since its Mylo Xyloto Tour, which grossed $186.9 million from 77 shows in 2011 and 2012, according to Billboard Boxscore. Though collaborators for the new album have been kept secret, the project is expected to have a more upbeat, anthemic feel compared with the more intimate, Paul Epworth-helmed Ghost Stories.

Sauce

The biggest unofficial news nugget is of the "stadium tour tentatively set for summer 2016", which I will update the first post with.

The other bolded parts just add to the evidence of what we already had listed.

The rest of the news report is about Chris and his new charity project so I'll leave that out of this thread.

I say ^that was somewhat news because we already had an inkling of when the album would drop, and from that you could extrapolate when the tour would follow. TBH, I didn't really need Billboard to tell me it would be in summer 2016 if release was late2015-early2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update from Rik Simpson. Thanks Sparky in the other thread and ColdplayAtlas twitter feed; that's where this piece came to my attention.

A HEAD FULL OF MUSIC

3/24/2015

So I just got back to London from another very productive recording session in LA.

The album is really beginning to shine I think.

Beyond that I can say no more, people will have to wait and hear it when it's ready.

As a more general comment I will say this though; I love this point of recording an album. It's like the initial nerves of trying to find the path the record wants to take is over and we're just running free with it now, following wherever it decides to take us yet reining it in occasionally so we're still pointed in the correct direction.

2778941_orig.jpg?1427220902

Here's a shot of one of the studios we've been in last week, a beautiful hardwood room on the top of a hill in Malibu with a 180 degree view of the ocean. One of the most inspirational spots I've visited in recent years.

spaghetti sauce

So what does this piece tell us? More of the same. I'll start from the top and work down:

-Rik writing this blog reconfirms his presence on LP7

-The title reconfirms the LP7 name (A head full of music - A head full of dreams)

-Band are recording in LA (Malibu), at least partially. By that I mean, one or more producers/band members are there and they are recording in LA and perhaps somewhere else (like London).

-They are past the initial stages of the album and in an intermediate stage where ideas are running free.

Nothing terribly new to discuss, but it just confirms to news-hungry fans like us that the album is being worked on. Also, on a less fact-based note, its nice to hear recording is going well, and sessions have been fruitful.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this on the twitter machine:

Chris Martin has been interviewed by 4 different Radio Stations in the U.S. Talks of "future plans" - more info as we get it!

Sauce

So perhaps some news on the horizon? I'll be sure to fill it here if/when it comes up

don't believe it. the original source is this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Martin has been interviewed 4 times today by US Radio stations. More info on the way soon including future plans. Stay tuned!</p>— ترووووك. الغلا (@AlrajhiquWaaten) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlrajhiquWaaten/status/589705029566783488">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

if this is not a troll, could refer to the jamaican singer CM releasing an EP yesterday.

I don't know what's coming but I would like to see something soon. Has anyone thought about LP7's name being changed thanks to Chris' little leak on radio? It's a possibility. I'd also expect a pop album with one of the producers of LP7 saying he was working on horns and strings.