✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7 FACTS Thread - WE KNOW EVERYTHING NOV 6

jc90

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see LP7 have similar elements to Parachutes, or Christmas Lights or Miracles. I know LP7 May have strings and horns and all that, but I hope they stay away from many of the electronic sounds of Ghost Stories. But don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Ghost Stories!!! One of my favorites.

LP7 Era FACTS Thread

So the ACL lineup is announced Tuesday, which is in October, ahem

I'm buying my ACL passes regardless Tuesday morning and I doubt Coldplay will be on the bill..every time Coldplay has come to ACL, they have been on the Lolla Chicago bill..BUT.. If Coldplay drops a single/album announcement tomorrow morning/Tuesday morning... There is high hope!!! Lol. I thought it was pretty weird that ACL is announcing their lineup 2 weeks later than normal... I'm praying haha

Some news of substance today with the discovery of 6 new songs registered by Coldplay. However, I will leave them out of this thread as there is no guarantee or confirmation they are to be on LP7. If you really wanna discuss, find the other LP7 thread or the dedicated thread.

In case we needed any more confirmation on the album title, read any new thread created today lol.

Not too long now ladies and gents

The media is going with the new title announcement and the last Coldplay album :laugh3::laugh3:

For all those here during the post-Viva days, you'll remember we had two different site redesigns before they moved into the bright MX website. The first, was that very simple white and black website, and the other was like a stripped back, featureless design very similar to the actual MX site design.

According to the Wayback Machine, the all-black, pre-MX site was launched sometime around December 1, 2009 and stayed the same general theme until 2010 when it started to become more colorful (i.e. pink and blue, primarily). A couple months prior to ETIAW being released, the site became even more animated with little pieces that ended up subtly giving away multiple clues for what was then LP6. (See here for April 11, 2011. The 'News' icon had MX and UFO, 'Timeline' had the running man in the ETIAW tease videos, and 'Exhibition Room' used the logo for what I was believe is Don't Let It Break Your Heart or Princess of China.) Of course, none of us picked up on these clues until well after (specifically, that summer when the infamous words 'Mylo Xyloto' were found).

There's a difference between those two sites and this current one -- recording time. Back in those days of silence, Coldplay was still on a world tour with only about one full year of pretty much nothing. (I'm looking at you, 2010.) The time for both webpages did extend close to two years, but like I said, they were on the road and busy. As I'm lead to believe the band is much farther along with AHFOD than we're being told, there's not a doubt in my mind the overall theme of this website is most definitely subtlety hinting of the LP7-era art style. Coldplay loves to do this all the time, even with Ghost Stories.

Be on the lookout for site updates, folks!

• 2 weeks later...

^Sorry, i've been meaning to read your comment and respond to it since you posted, but haven't gotten around to it. Until now.

Ah, yes, the black and white design. IIRC, there were suggestions from fans that the era, now known as the MX era, was to be 'wedding themed'. This was because the main page of Coldplay.com had a RSVP on it (though I think it was just for signup of email alerts). Also because Wedding Bells appeared about that time and the Christmas show(s?) they did (Newcastle?) had the band show up in a formal, some would say 'wedding-like' attire. But I digress.

Like you, I don't doubt that LP7 is a bit further along than is being conveyed to us and that the recent theme change in Coldplay.com is a small teaser as what is in store for the upcoming era. But I'm having trouble understanding your reasoning for it. I believe its your 3rd paragraph. I'm having trouble following the timeline you're posting. It's less to do with your writing and more with my inability to comprehend it, could you ELI5 O reddit team representative?

First post updated to reflect news of producers from Norway. I filed it under 'what is likely' and yes I did say Stargate but clearly indicated it was the best guess we have so far with the limited info given, though still unconfirmed. It's as far as i'm willing to go with the topic.

Like you, I don't doubt that LP7 is a bit further along than is being conveyed to us and that the recent theme change in Coldplay.com is a small teaser as what is in store for the upcoming era. But I'm having trouble understanding your reasoning for it. I believe its your 3rd paragraph. I'm having trouble following the timeline you're posting. It's less to do with your writing and more with my inability to comprehend it, could you ELI5 O reddit team representative?

Hahaha. I had to misread it to make sure I even made sense!

Essentially, my theory is that since the band hasn't be on the road or in the public eye for quite a while, they've devoted more time to teasing instead of keeping a makeshift website as an in-between stage between albums. In reality, there isn't any real reasoning behind what I said as it's more just what I feel like is going on with the band. But, it's clear they're pretty far along and feel comfortable giving us subtle (or not so subtle) clues to what LP7 is going to be like.

^Good call! Really glad this thread is here to keep things down to earth!

Thanks for the support, i'm really quite proud of this thread actually. Good to see people appreciate it.

Hahaha. I had to misread it to make sure I even made sense!

Essentially, my theory is that since the band hasn't be on the road or in the public eye for quite a while, they've devoted more time to teasing instead of keeping a makeshift website as an in-between stage between albums. In reality, there isn't any real reasoning behind what I said as it's more just what I feel like is going on with the band. But, it's clear they're pretty far along and feel comfortable giving us subtle (or not so subtle) clues to what LP7 is going to be like.

ICIC, yeah, I got the gist of it in your OP. Just wanted to make sure I understood it.

Do we have any song title confirmed? If the album will be out in less than a year, by this time on the process of Viva and MX we had some hints alredy

The closest thing we have to a confirmed title, as history suggests, is A Head Full of Dreams. What I mean is every LP from Coldplay has had a song with the same name as the album.

Even then, it hasn't been confirmed, nor found on the song registry so it's just our best guess

The first youtube link in one of the first posts leads to a video that got taken down. I believe it's the interview where AHFoD is referred to as the day to GS' night. Any way of getting that corrected?

The first youtube link in one of the first posts leads to a video that got taken down. I believe it's the interview where AHFoD is referred to as the day to GS' night. Any way of getting that corrected?

I believe it was Jonny's quote in an interview he and Guy did with Jo Whiley.

Somewhere in here:

[video=youtube;2fpTvuqHf00]

Edit: 2:10 into the video.

I've done some detective work...

Studio C at Henson Recording Studio is "unavailable at this time due to a long term booking"

http://www.hensonrecording.com/studioc.html

In the GOT musical it said that the band were at Henson Recording Studios.

The note released with the timeline:

hAEAWkv.png?1

Calvin Harris' Instagram Post:

tT9v8l5.jpg?1

The font is exactly the same.

Screenshot from GOT Sketch:

GIoZYEE.png

Note the USA sticker on one of the pedals. I think that it is safe to assume that the band have booked out Studio C at Henson Studios for when they are recording in America.

Calvin Harris Instagram:

I know it says Bono but it must be an inside joke between him and Chris. Calvin Harris is just a stage name his real name is Adam Richard Wiles

edit: If Calvin Harris was at the studio does this mean there could be a potential collaboration?