✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-SEP-2015] Global Citizen Festival, New York

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am pretty sure they will also play O

because the logo of Global Citizen Fest is O, i dont know if this is just a coincidence.

Since the logo for the festival is a circle they could play a new song since Chris said the new album was the completion of a circle. [emoji23]

I'm guessing the band will play the exact same set they did last night [emoji25]

No way. They have to play a new song, they slowly peeked into AHFOD era yesterday. Everything was so colorful. They need to play a new song otherwise it's pointless. Now that everyone knows they have a brand new setup, they need to play a new song.

They'll only be playing a song or two. They're performing as a backup in place of other artists who pulled out. Probably ASFOS and maybe Paradise i'm guessing

Oh, didn't know that, where did you find out they are playing in place of someone? Though I'm sure that someone would have played more than two songs..

Thankies, I am thrilled and hearing that Malala will be there made it even better! and of course Bono too

his year's ‪#*GlobalCitizen‬ Festival will be the biggest yet. Don't believe us? Read more here:safe_image.php?d=AQBtM4i2WU9b4DlW&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xfl1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F12039450_910105509085218_7951667190935172742_n.png%3Foh%3D2495dc312a8b7013e0f9db8a0fa2b029%26oe%3D56A26110&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=13&sy=0&sw=573&sh=300

Breaking: Malala, DiCaprio, Bono, and more join the Global Citizen Festival

This year’s Global Citizen Festival is going to be epic. World leaders, celebrities, and activists from all over the world will be flooding the Great Lawn in Central Park.

globalcitizen.org

Guest diogo_sg

@Christa42 I just now found out you won tickets to the GCF! Congrats!! Happy for you! [emoji1]

You must be very excited, I bet. Watching Coldplay live and seeing Malala must be an other worldly experience!

Thank you. I have been to concerts at the Great Lawn before in Central Park so I know I wont be anywhere near the stage but I am so excited to be a part of this great day. It will be a wonderful experience and so happy to be a part of it. Malala is a huge inspiration to me and I am thrilled she will be there.

Guest diogo_sg
Thank you. I have been to concerts at the Great Lawn before in Central Park so I know I wont be anywhere near the stage but I am so excited to be a part of this great day. It will be a wonderful experience and so happy to be a part of it. Malala is a huge inspiration to me and I am thrilled she will be there.

Well, I hope you have a great time there (and hopefully meet the guys and Malala [emoji4]).

Off-topic: who's that on your profile pic?

One other favorite bands is LCD Sound System. Angie and I got to go to one of their last shows in NY and this is a pic of the shows of the lead singer James Murphy who is a God to me by one of my favorite photographers James Marcus Haney. I hope to buy one of his pictures one day.

I am so so so so soo happy for you Christa! You're a truly generous person and really represent what Global Citizen is for, the ticket was all yours from the start!!!

In other news, a big Coldplay fan reached out to me on twitter, she has a spare ticket for the festival. If anyone is interested to take up on the offer, her twitter handle is @guyberrymen :)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/global-citizen-co-founder-on-chris-martins-15-year-fest-curating-gig-20150923

Article from Rolling Stone

[h=1]Global Citizen Co-Founder on Chris Martin's 15-Year Fest Curating Gig[/h] [h=2]Beyoncé, Pearl Jam and more battle poverty in Central Park this weekend[/h]720x405-GettyImages-155966539.jpg

Beyoncé, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Common and Bollywood singer Sunidhi Chauhan will perform in New York City's Central Park on September 26 for the 2015 Global Citizen Festival, a concert rewarding attendees for their actions promoting the goal of eradicating global poverty.

[h=4]Sidebar[/h] 300x169-HughJackman_StephenColbert.jpg

Stephen Colbert, Hugh Jackman to Host Global Citizen Fest » The lineup was curated by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, who has committed to the Global Citizen Festival until 2030. Bono, Stephen Colbert, Leonardo DiCaprio, Salma Hayek Pinault, Deborra-Lee & Hugh Jackman, Kerry Washington, Olivia Wilde, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill and Melinda Gates are all expected to share hosting duties for an event that drew 60,000 people last year.

As Saturday approaches, many final preparations fall to Global Citizen co-founder Ryan Gall, an executive producer of the festival. "The final week is always a little crazy," he says. "All sorts of opportunities come out of the woodwork, and it's sort of a juggle on which ones we can pull off last minute." In a conversation with Rolling Stone, he spoke excitedly about the event's challenges and the rewards of Beyoncé's retun.

How did you get Chris Martin to sign on to this until he's 53?

He didn't want to do just a one-off. He wanted to sink his teeth into it and really do some meaningful work. He literally has called up artists. He called up Ed Sheeran personally. He called up Beyoncé personally. When we come up with an idea like, "Hey, do you guys want to collaborate on a song?" it's just festival people trying to make it happen. But if Chris has an idea of collaborating and doing something unique during the performance, it's coming from the artist. It changes everything. That's been fun to see the set list behind the scenes and what the program throughout the evening is going to be. I think it's a step above what it was the last couple of years.

Will Coldplay always perform for the next 15 years?

No. We'll always be able to throw in artists that we like, but Chris is really the curator and he can work with the young and new and the old and amazing artists. It's up to him if Coldplay will play again in a couple years, or depending on where the organization grows. We feel like we're pretty lucky to get them right now. It's their first show in quite a long time.

What causes is he passionate about?

We actually brought Chris over to India, and had a chance for him to sit down with Prime Minister Modi. That's one that's evolving into a natural fit: A clean water initiative with an India focus for Chris.

How have you charted the growth of the Global Citizen Festival?

Our user database of people taking action on our website has jumped up to about six million. You really need numbers like that. We're hoping to grow to 15 million and bigger over the next year. Another way we can tell it's growing is the people involved. Not just the musicians, but the hosts, politicians, world leaders and corporate leaders who are coming. Zuckerberg, I don't think he does this type of stuff very often. Beyoncé, who came last year to do a couple songs, to have her come back. Any time you can have an artist do a repeat, it means they believe in what we're doing.

What did it take to get Beyoncé back?

That ask did come directly from Chris. We were able to work creatively to involve her Chime for Change organization. We like to work with the artists and look at the issues they really care about, and develop a campaign that's a natural fit. Chime for Change is now in a multi-year partnership with Global Citizen.

How did you get Central Park's blessing for such a huge show?

The New York City Parks have taken this event as something that they love. They don't do a lot of shows in Central Park, and they're very picky about the ones that they allow. They've taken us in, and love that people aren't just showing up for free. They have to earn their way in. They know what we're talking about onstage. It's the most peaceful audience you've ever seen. It's a great vibe.

Is this the final concert lineup?

You know, there will be a surprise or two.

Hi! I'm from Barcelona,

I've won 2 free tickets for the festival and the next 26th September I'm going to the concert In New York. I need only 1 ticket and if somebody wants the second free ticket, tell me something about it.

I would love to join you! It would be s dream come true!![emoji7]