✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-SEP-2015] Global Citizen Festival, New York

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Coldplay, I do, but their 'generic' setlist has always been really bland. :sad:

I agree. It's an unfortunate consequence of playing to people who don't ostensibly care. :(

That's why I was really happy about Chris's 12/12/12 Sandy performance - first time he did the folksy acoustic guitar version of VLV + very unique piano version of UATW. Also the Paralympics - what an amazing setlist that was (opening with UATW, GPASUYF, POC with Rihanna, 42, Strawberry Swing)...so in that case it was clear they weren't scared of not having a captive audience. And I think they should move towards that in all their performances, even the small and non-Coldplay-geared. :)

I posted on another thread when Morning Joe had Chris Martin on for announcement. Promoter like ASFOS so I am sure that will be one of songs. I'm in DC area and would be revved up to go. But after ACL and Lalapalooza fests for Mylo, where I broke a foot, and now that My stamina is lower from health issues, I may have to forego this fest and watch on TV :(. Growing old is a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The global Citizen concert in NYC in September which Coldplay will be participating in, is to be edited into an hour long special for UK and Norwegian TV viewers

LONDON: BBC and NRK have signed on to air the 2015 Global Citizen Festival, which is being distributed by BBC Worldwide.

The concert includes performances by big names in music, including Beyoncé, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Pearl Jam and more. It will air on BBC One and BBC Three in the U.K. and on NRK 1 in Norway in September.

The Global Citizen Festival is curated by Coldplay front man Chris Martin and features six hours of performances by global artists in Central Park in New York City on September 26, edited into a one-hour special for TV. The concert marks the launch of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, a 15-year plan to end extreme poverty and fight climate change.

“BBC Music is delighted to work with Richard Curtis and Chris Martin to bring this brilliant concert event to U.K. audiences on BBC One, BBC Three and across our BBC Music platforms,” Jan Younghusband, the head of music TV commissioning at BBC, remarked.

Salim Mukaddam, BBC Worldwide's director of music content, said, “We’re delighted to be distributing such an important event with truly global significance to broadcasters like the BBC and NRK. The aim is for this television special to be seen by audiences in every country around the world. We've had incredible interest from broadcasters, and hope to announce more global broadcaster partners very soon.”[ATTACH]31993[/ATTACH]

Hey sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm seeing a lot of tickets already up for sale on a few ticket websites (like StubHub for example). Mostly VIP tickets but also some general admission. How are these people able to obtain tickets if they haven't been given out yet? I never understood this. Pretty pricey...$500 up to several thousands. :angry:

Hey sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm seeing a lot of tickets already up for sale on a few ticket websites (like StubHub for example). Mostly VIP tickets but also some general admission. How are these people able to obtain tickets if they haven't been given out yet? I never understood this. Pretty pricey...$500 up to several thousands. :angry:

I saw some general admission tickets selling on Craigslist. My bet is that some may be scams. Always be careful when purchasing tickets from third party sites.

I second the above post, be aware of scams. Also in its conditions Global Citizen says they will sue selling of general admission tickets PLUS every ticket of which they found out it has been bought will be annulated, so beware - you may buy something but not get in.

VIP tickets, on the other hand, are for sale at their official site (but pricey).

I completed my actions and now please keep your fingers crossed for me to win the chance to see Coldplay live for the 1st time in my life ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

so I had an endorphin rush thought this am while running to ASFOS (I am in training for the coming tour ya know!)

Coldplay said they are not the headliner and I am thinking will just play a few songs so I am wondering if they will Open or what I would Love is Close the show and sing ASFOS with fireworks! Not sure if they allow fireworks in Central Park or if they will play anything from Ghost Stories but its just a lovely thought I had

• 2 weeks later...

[h=1]Stephen Colbert and Hugh Jackman Announce They’re Hosting the 2015 Global Citizen Festival[/h]http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/08/13/stephen-colbert-and-hugh-jackman-announce-theyre-hosting-the-2015-global-citizen-festival/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PY4k58dO138" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stephen Colbert may have filmed the video confirming his hosting duties for the 2015 Global Citizen Festival from the cozy confines of his new “Late Show” office, but he still took the “global” aspect of the event very seriously.

While making his “announcement of special interest for any of you out there who live on Earth,” Colbert was joined by one of his GCF co-hosts, Hugh Jackman, from the actor’s own cozy Australia confines, via FaceTime.

Colbert and Jackman will emcee the Global Citizen Festival on Sept. 26 in New York’s Central Park along with Jackman’s wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, Salma Hayek Pinault, Kerry Washington and Olivia Wilde.

The goal of the event is to end poverty by 2030.

“If everything goes according to plan, in 15 years, the nation of Greece will still exist,” joked Colbert in the video.

While engaging in friendly cross-continental banter (Jackman: “I get to realize my lifelong dream of dancing in the mosh pit with Ban Ki-Moon“), the festival hosts managed to provide important details about the event. Pearl Jam, Beyoncé, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran are slated to perform, and as Jackman explained to a disappointed Colbert, neither tickets to the festival nor his “manly shoulders” can be bought: “You have to work for both of them.”

Tickets to the Global Citizen Festival, like Jackman’s manly shoulders, can only be obtained by taking action: Go to globalcitizen.org for more information.

And be sure to stick around until the end of the video where fan-of-all-things-geeky Colbert goes head-to-head with the “X-Men” star on the topic of adamantium bones:

Colbert: “Together we will make the world stronger than adamantium bones!”

Jackman: “Stephen, you promised me you weren’t going to mention Wolverine.”

Colbert: “Oh, yeah, like only Wolverine has adamantium bones. I was talking about Lady Deathstrike – don’t flatter yourself.”

Post 67 at least. Are all the tickets sold out already? Not that I was going.

Surely they'll be a stream right? That was another thing I liked about the life of a fan during eras, looking for streams to gigs and following along with my fellow users. I guess the Las Vegas iHeartRadio gig is up first though.