✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-SEP-2015] Global Citizen Festival, New York

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won tickets..... But I can't go :( I am so depressed. Like I can feel the depression taking a physical toll on my being :(

I know that feeling. Don't worry, the chance will come again to see Coldplay durin the AHFOD tour with an even bigger set; GCF just features a very short Coldplay set anyway. Maybe you can sell your tickets and use the money to buy a Coldplay AHFOD tour ticket then.

Everything's not lost...

I know that feeling. Don't worry, the chance will come again to see Coldplay durin the AHFOD tour with an even bigger set; GCF just features a very short Coldplay set anyway. Maybe you can sell your tickets and use the money to buy a Coldplay AHFOD tour ticket then.

Everything's not lost...

That does not seem like a bad idea..... Hmmmmmmmm. And now that you said it's a short set I'm not too bummed about it. I was hoping they would play one of their new songs but I doubt that they will for something like this.

Reminder: We don't condone selling free tickets/ticket ppl have won on the board here for money. If you want to give them away here that is fine :)

If you decide to sell them elsewhere that is your decision.

I didn't say I was going to sell them on the forum, friend... i was simply stating that it was an option.

Oops, I posted it in the wrong thread so I'm posting it here also.

Anchorman just sent out a tweet to announce that Coldplay's set begins at 4 pm.

I hope someone will record the concert because I'm not able to watch the livestream since I'm on my way home from Disneyland Paris around that time.

Oops, I posted it in the wrong thread so I'm posting it here also.

Anchorman just sent out a tweet to announce that Coldplay's set begins at 4 pm.

I hope someone will record the concert because I'm not able to watch the livestream since I'm on my way home from Disneyland Paris around that time.

coldplaying will not let you down I'm sure. As per usual I'll try to get audio at least.

Reminder: We don't condone selling free tickets/ticket ppl have won on the board here for money. If you want to give them away here that is fine :)

If you decide to sell them elsewhere that is your decision.

Christa, that's not what I meant either. Remember it was me who set up the thread for giving away the spare ticket for free, and that I also pledged to do so in case I won (which I unfortunately didn't) ? I just felt sorry for the poster, he sounded really down and it was a general statement by me because I know that Coldplay tour tickets also cost a lot, I did not imply selling it on the board.

Maybe you can sell your tickets and use the money to buy a Coldplay AHFOD tour ticket then.

Everything's not lost...

You dont sell the tickets while they are free. And yes Christa was right.

If you paid the tickets but unable to come to the event then yes you can ask and offer other members on the board.

Dutch telecomprovider KPN is going to broadcast the Global Citizen Festival live at http://www.kpn.com/globalgoals. I'm not sure if they're just reposting the one from the official Global Citizen Website, but in case they don't it's nice to know we have a backup stream on hand should the one on the official website not be able to handle the amount of traffic.

I'm betting that we'll be getting more or less a repeat of the IH show, give or take a new song (if we're being optimistic) and a possible collab with someone else. Interesting how they're doing this a decade on from Live 8. BSS with Richard Ashcroft was probably the best live collab they've ever done. Doubt they'll ever beat that.

That does not seem like a bad idea..... Hmmmmmmmm. And now that you said it's a short set I'm not too bummed about it. I was hoping they would play one of their new songs but I doubt that they will for something like this.

Now you're putting it in perspective. I literally feel your pain. I would have pursued a ticket but can't travel due to chronic pain conditions. I saw them during MX era. Life-changing. Winning your GC tickets was a prize unto itself. Maybe you can get free seats for AHFOD by working for OXFAM during a show? You'll get to feel good again about what you accomplished,... And see the best show