✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-SEP-2015] Coldplay iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas

While we all would have liked a new song, Coldplay never said they would perform one. They must have their reasons.

They never actually say anything beforehand, do they? [emoji23] the hopes of a new single and all the prep work done by us are a result of our countless speculations and discussions and our raging excitement.

Coldplay just drops grenades from above [emoji23]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Did anyone notice how Chris gave Jonny a kiss on the cheek at one point during the performance ?

2.) Could anyone identify which symbols Chris is wearing in his new necklace ? May be hints as to AHFOD.

1) yes i did see it and i thought I was the only one! [emoji23] i went 'awww' at that

2) I think its an elephant and a heart? And a hammer? I might be wrong though [emoji23]

I also got this feeling, he sounded most off in Paradise. Considering he got better as it went on, I wonder if they weren't happy the way the guy (Elvis?) basically threw something on the floor after they were kind the first time and was like "let's see if we can make them do anything like a trained dog." I found it classless. You don't treat someone like that, especially not on live tv. Maybe they decided not to play the song after that.

Elvis's paper dropping act and having them pick it up for him was definitely rude. I just felt Coldplay had these series of goof-ups at the stage and the look of utter bewilderment on Chris's face, someone said it was because he was amazed on seeing the croud. [emoji58]

Very interesting thought. I also wonder what has happened to his neck. Has he had a surgery before...

"The singer was also asked if he has any scars with a story behind them, to which he answered, "I have a big scar on my neck, a Harry Potter lightning bolt. I had surgery when I was 11 -- I had a lump removed -- but it was in the west of England, where surgery was like a pitchfork and some bailing twine. When I came back, my dad was like, 'What have they done?' I love it, though."

Source: http://www.1057thepoint.com/news/music-news/coldplay-singer-talks-favorite-scar-strangest-place-he-ever-woke

[ATTACH]32376[/ATTACH]these are always fun moments to see at @coldplay concerts. I am not going to complain about the festival. I am feeling lucky to be able to see them and look forward to attending as many more performances as my body and wallet allow [emoji3]

I just managed to watch the show. The outfits are way way too similar to MX, the set and the production was underwhelming and the set-list was terrible. And for some reason the band has this mindset that more colors equates a better performance, which shows a huge lack of creativity if you ask me. They might as well have done a gay-pride themed event wearing bright orange thongs. Overall I'm bitterly disappointed.

As for not playing a new song, no one should be disappointed. Chris made a serious mistake by revealing the album too soon and got everyone's hopes up. I can assure you the band are not even finished with the album. My release date prediction still stands. Early 2016 at the very earliest.

I thought the same thing about Mylo Xyloto. I've noticed that about Coldplay. My favorite artwork- set design, etc.. will probably always be AROBTTH era. It had that 'Apple' quality of design. Simplicity.

And as far as their music- this past album is my favorite in some time, because it is a lot simpler. But overall- they just don't do very simple songs anymore, and if they do- they drown it in production.

I think a lot of this has to do with just...the amount of pressure they're under from studio heads- to ...well everyone. And the problem is they listen to them all too much. They're too nice! Haha. I always said- if Coldplay would've never had that level of success on their first couple of albums...they'd probably be making much better music. Because I really do think they impress more when there's less expectations.

I just managed to watch the show. The outfits are way way too similar to MX, the set and the production was underwhelming and the set-list was terrible. And for some reason the band has this mindset that more colors equates a better performance, which shows a huge lack of creativity if you ask me. They might as well have done a gay-pride themed event wearing bright orange thongs. Overall I'm bitterly disappointed.

As for not playing a new song, no one should be disappointed. Chris made a serious mistake by revealing the album too soon and got everyone's hopes up. I can assure you the band are not even finished with the album. My release date prediction still stands. Early 2016 at the very earliest.

I dislike that colour-we're all so happy-love love love- theme and design too. In my opinion Coldplay are better when they don't try to be ultrahappy, but rather display a certain amount of apprehension and uncertainty towards life and the world. Their melancholic, doubtful but still a bit hopeful outlook on life during the first 3-4 albums gave us the better songs. It's just what they are better in.

[ATTACH]32376[/ATTACH]these are always fun moments to see at @coldplay concerts. I am not going to complain about the festival. I am feeling lucky to be able to see them and look forward to attending as many more performances as my body and wallet allow [emoji3]

Wow, so close! You must had so much fun there!

"The singer was also asked if he has any scars with a story behind them, to which he answered, "I have a big scar on my neck, a Harry Potter lightning bolt. I had surgery when I was 11 -- I had a lump removed -- but it was in the west of England, where surgery was like a pitchfork and some bailing twine. When I came back, my dad was like, 'What have they done?' I love it, though."

Source: http://www.1057thepoint.com/news/music-news/coldplay-singer-talks-favorite-scar-strangest-place-he-ever-woke

Interesting. Thanks :)

This is probably the furthest away I have been at a CP concert but I loved the perspective. Contrary to what you could hear and see on the livestream, the audience was cheering and into the show. I think it's a bad venue because the acoustics are not great in terms of picking up audience react but the sound system is good.

This is probably the furthest away I have been at a CP concert but I loved the perspective. Contrary to what you could hear and see on the livestream, the audience was cheering and into the show. I think it's a bad venue because the acoustics are not great in terms of picking up audience react but the sound system is good.

Wait so the crowd was actually cheering? Couldn't hear it on the livestream pretty much at all... So I'm assuming from your point of view when you were there it was another story?

Wait so the crowd was actually cheering? Couldn't hear it on the livestream pretty much at all... So I'm assuming from your point of view when you were there it was another story?

This could explain why Chris stared so strangely in the end, he was amazed by the crowd. Maybe he thought they were gonna be less enthused than they turned out to be !

I didn't hear any Viva chant though on the livestream...

This could explain why Chris stared so strangely in the end, he was amazed by the crowd. Maybe he thought they were gonna be less enthused than they turned out to be !

I didn't hear any Viva chant though on the livestream...

@ the strange stare: That could very well be it. But he had a different look in his eyes... than that. Don't get me wrong you could be right. But I think that it might have been something different. It just seemed that way. I don't know. He was also off in a lot of different parts of different songs... and other people mentioned that he was "different" this time around. Something was off... and a lot of people tend to see it the same way. If you want to see their performance to see what I might be getting at here, watch this:

@ the Viva chant: Neither did I. The crowd on my end was completely silent and lifeless during Viva. I could see some chanting but for one I couldn't hear them, and when the camera zoomed out some were just walking through and not paying one bit of attention. (At least that's what I remember seeing). @gjohnson, since you did have a different point of view and you say you could hear the crown tons better, could you tell us if they were chanting during Viva? I sure couldn't hear it on the livestream.

@ the strange stare: That could very well be it. But he had a different look in his eyes... than that. Don't get me wrong you could be right. But I think that it might have been something different. It just seemed that way. I don't know. He was also off in a lot of different parts of different songs... and other people mentioned that he was "different" this time around. Something was off... and a lot of people tend to see it the same way. If you want to see their performance to see what I might be getting at here, watch this:

@ the Viva chant: Neither did I. The crowd on my end was completely silent and lifeless during Viva. I could see some chanting but for one I couldn't hear them, and when the camera zoomed out some were just walking through and not paying one bit of attention. (At least that's what I remember seeing). @gjohnson, since you did have a different point of view and you say you could hear the crown tons better, could you tell us if they were chanting during Viva? I sure couldn't hear it on the livestream.

I couldn't hear anything on the livestream! It was as if the crowd went lifeless after Sam Smith's performance. And when they zoomed in on some people, I could see some nod their head and smile while others were just lip syncing. And this show by coldplay, was not one of their bests as far as I have seen on the internet. Their setlist was awesome but I guess things went wrong because of the venue or something did happen backstage in the last minute.

I couldn't hear anything on the livestream! It was as if the crowd went lifeless after Sam Smith's performance. And when they zoomed in on some people, I could see some nod their head and smile while others were just lip syncing. And this show by coldplay, was not one of their bests as far as I have seen on the internet. Their setlist was awesome but I guess things went wrong because of the venue or something did happen backstage in the last minute.

Yeah the setlist had their really well recognized, some of their biggest songs. But something, and I've said this many times, didn't seem quite right. Nonetheless the performance seemed totally amazing and cool. Not their best, but pretty amazing. I could also see that Chris was sweating, and I mean sweating. If you watch the video I shared then at some points you'd see what I'm talking about. But that can be explained easily, they haven't been on the stage in a while, so that's the explanation there. But IMO even if they weren't on the stage in a long time, something still seemed off that I don't think something went quite right. Maybe it was a backstage thing, who knows, but they seemed off in that way.. that it couldn't have been to do with them not being on the stage in a long time.

Yeah the setlist had their really well recognized, some of their biggest songs. But something, and I've said this many times, didn't seem quite right. Nonetheless the performance seemed totally amazing and cool. Not their best, but pretty amazing. I could also see that Chris was sweating, and I mean sweating. If you watch the video I shared then at some points you'd see what I'm talking about. But that can be explained easily, they haven't been on the stage in a while, so that's the explanation there. But IMO even if they weren't on the stage in a long time, something still seemed off that I don't think something went quite right. Maybe it was a backstage thing, who knows, but they seemed off in that way.. that it couldn't have been to do with them not being on the stage in a long time.

Oh he was sweating buckets!! When he sat down for Clocks, omg I wished i could have handed him over a tissue! [emoji28] and he did lose his breath quite a few times or go offbeat. Quite unlikely of him, but I think its just the mad dancing and jumping around that is to blame for it, since they haven't performed live since long! Yes something did go wrong and it doesn't hurt to think about the odds of that occuring. And people telling, thats why they had to drop off the new single. It could've happened you know? It just seemed to me that he was not that much into the performance, something was bugging him. Ofcourse it can be the snitches during the songs, that momentary pause during viva but i honestly feel it was something else. In the end, he seemed to very much enjoy performing asfos though!

Oh he was sweating buckets!! When he sat down for Clocks, omg I wished i could have handed him over a tissue! [emoji28] and he did lose his breath quite a few times or go offbeat. Quite unlikely of him, but I think its just the mad dancing and jumping around that is to blame for it, since they haven't performed live since long! Yes something did go wrong and it doesn't hurt to think about the odds of that occuring. And people telling, thats why they had to drop off the new single. It could've happened you know? It just seemed to me that he was not that much into the performance, something was bugging him. Ofcourse it can be the snitches during the songs, that momentary pause during viva but i honestly feel it was something else. In the end, he seemed to very much enjoy performing asfos though!

For Chris sweating, same here lol! I wanted to give him a tissue right away! And him going offbeat, definetely could be to jumping around everywhere. I agree with you. But I definetely agree with something being off. That could be why they didn't drop the new single. They came out in all their new attire. That could be for two reasons, one that could have been just a tease for us and a preview of what to come when they do sing, or on the darker side, something could have went wrong backstage and that's why they didn't play the new single. It's also weird how they said there'd be a "special guest" that never did end up showing... And as for ASFOS, he seemed to love it! I enjoyed it as much as he did. :D But seriously... something seemed a little off...

I did watch the performance twice yesterday, and the second time I kept watching out for sings that soemthing was wrong like people suggested. But apart from the messed-up end on piano in paradise, the Viva backing track failure (this seemd to really upset Chris, he stared to the back of the stage for several seconds, totally confused) and the stare at the end I could not find anything. What other parts make you feel Chris was different this time ? Can you give the exact moments to watch ?

I did watch the performance twice yesterday, and the second time I kept watching out for sings that soemthing was wrong like people suggested. But apart from the messed-up end on piano in paradise, the Viva backing track failure (this seemd to really upset Chris, he stared to the back of the stage for several seconds, totally confused) and the stare at the end I could not find anything. What other parts make you feel Chris was different this time ? Can you give the exact moments to watch ?

Or maybe that's everyone's justification of why they didn't play a new song. Unless the band explicitly said that something went wrong, then I will refuse this rumor going around. The lads looked in top form that night especially Chris's improvisation skills at the end of Paradise. The only thing wrong was the tech issues and the short setlist they were given while other "popular" artists were given longer setlist times.

Or maybe that's everyone's justification of why they didn't play a new song. Unless the band explicitly said that something went wrong, then I will refuse this rumor going around. The lads looked in top form that night especially Chris's improvisation skills at the end of Paradise. The only thing wrong was the tech issues and the short setlist they were given while other "popular" artists were given longer setlist times.

Yes. They were never planning on playing anything new, and the only disappointment we have is what we as a community created.

I thought the same thing about Mylo Xyloto. I've noticed that about Coldplay. My favorite artwork- set design, etc.. will probably always be AROBTTH era. It had that 'Apple' quality of design. Simplicity.

And as far as their music- this past album is my favorite in some time, because it is a lot simpler. But overall- they just don't do very simple songs anymore, and if they do- they drown it in production.

I think a lot of this has to do with just...the amount of pressure they're under from studio heads- to ...well everyone. And the problem is they listen to them all too much. They're too nice! Haha. I always said- if Coldplay would've never had that level of success on their first couple of albums...they'd probably be making much better music. Because I really do think they impress more when there's less expectations.

I dislike that colour-we're all so happy-love love love- theme and design too. In my opinion Coldplay are better when they don't try to be ultrahappy, but rather display a certain amount of apprehension and uncertainty towards life and the world. Their melancholic, doubtful but still a bit hopeful outlook on life during the first 3-4 albums gave us the better songs. It's just what they are better in.

You're both absolutely right and there is a lot to be said about all this. But I feel like we've been over all these issues many times on here since the days of VLV and to no avail. We're not exactly LP Underground and the band don't give a fuck about what you and I feel or think about their music and everything else. Since 2008 I've also gradually lost all interest and excitement about the band so I couldn’t care less what they do and as a result, as I've said before, it's just a waste of time and energy to have critical discussions on here.

That is just my personal opinion though. I wholeheartedly hope none of you feel the same and continue to debate and discuss the band's endeavors future and present.