✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-SEP-2015] Coldplay iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas

That interview was very low-level. I'm also not trying to sound elitist here, as another forum member has written too, but it is targeted towards a teenie Kanye-ASFOS-OneDirection type crowd.

Calm down bro, they were just trying to have a good time.

So just sit down and eat popcorn.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I carefully watched the concert and interview again, and came to that conclusion: The new song was not called off spontaneously, it was just never meant to be performed today. Today was Coldplay's first teaser for the new Era, in form of clothes and stage design. Tbh, I think the same will apply for the Global Citizen Set, which is just not a suitable place to premiere your new single either. So don't get your hopes up for next week. However, things are certainly moving - the design today will turn into a website redesign and FB theme redesign and the new Era will probably flood in during the next weeks.

I actually enjoyed watching the concert (not so much the interview) until the point where ASFOS came in, and I guess many of you will have felt the same. Until then i liked the set, and that was a very good mix of Paradise !! I was positively surprised by the appearance of Fix You.

Because to be honest, no matter how upbeat the song before was, that organ intro to Fix You still always manages to get tears into my eyes, and that's what is so great about them.

Totally couldn't agree more. Coldplay is two steps in front of everyone all the time. Someone complained the other day there wasn't enough album build up, this seems like incredibly strong album build up to me, was I surprised? Yep. Disappointed, tiny bit. However, the fact they're back and talking very openly about a new album is so exciting

Guest diogo_sg

While it was superb watching them performing after so long, I gotta say I'm disappointed they didn't play anything new. They even got the new outfits and Indian-themed stage decorations!

You had one job, Coldplay. One job. ONE FUCKING JOB! :angry::sad:

Then, I visited the LP7 thread, wishing to have missed some part of the show and it was silent. I visit the iHeartRadio thread and it's about to explode (815 new posts! Wow!).

I don't understand why they played the festival without playing any new songs. Just seems weird - they even ended the set with the same song from last year.

I thought it was a good show- but the sound guys messed up big time in Viva La Vida. Chris was not pleased- he kept looking to the back of the stage.

I just managed to watch the show. The outfits are way way too similar to MX, the set and the production was underwhelming and the set-list was terrible. And for some reason the band has this mindset that more colors equates a better performance, which shows a huge lack of creativity if you ask me. They might as well have done a gay-pride themed event wearing bright orange thongs. Overall I'm bitterly disappointed.

As for not playing a new song, no one should be disappointed. Chris made a serious mistake by revealing the album too soon and got everyone's hopes up. I can assure you the band are not even finished with the album. My release date prediction still stands. Early 2016 at the very earliest.

I just managed to watch the show. The outfits are way way too similar to MX, the set and the production was underwhelming and the set-list was terrible. And for some reason the band has this mindset that more colors equates a better performance, which shows a huge lack of creativity if you ask me. They might as well have done a gay-pride themed event wearing bright orange thongs. Overall I'm bitterly disappointed.

As for not playing a new song, no one should be disappointed. Chris made a serious mistake by revealing the album too soon and got everyone's hopes up. I can assure you the band are not even finished with the album. My release date prediction still stands. Early 2016 at the very earliest.

That is terrible to even think about [emoji24] In the interview, Chris did admit that they are on the verge of completing it, but im not sure how far have they reached.

Is there any story behind this necklace? Some speculations we can relate to AHFOD?

d57eaf31d04167cde4137d75153ee8ed.jpg

Do i see an elephant over there? What im thinking is that they have inculcated a bit of earthy hindustani music in the single. They had hindi coldplay written all over, did you notice? And flower garlands over Chris's piano. Everything screams towards something very indian and ethnic! [emoji16]

Do i see an elephant over there? What im thinking is that they have inculcated a bit of earthy hindustani music in the single. They had hindi coldplay written all over, did you notice? And flower garlands over Chris's piano. Everything screams towards something very indian and ethnic! [emoji16]

Very interesting thought. I also wonder what has happened to his neck. Has he had a surgery before...