✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Guest diogo_sg
Do you think we'll get it with ahfod?

To be 100% honest, no.

I think AHFOD will be a smaller MX and a bigger GS, something between these two. It will probably have a new style created by the band.

But I might be wrong.

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
What we could hope for one day, though, (I'd say in the farther future, such as for example in twenty or thirty years) would be hearing unreleased recordings. I believe this has happened for some older bands from decades ago. I know the guys don't like revisiting old stuff, but I think there is a whole treasure of songs which were at least halfway recorded (or entirely recorded - they scrapped nearly all songs of the first version of X&Y, but these files must exist somewhere) and which will either officially be freed one day, or will be leaked by someone. Tbh I don't care which way it happens, all I know is that a lot of us would long to hear this stuff..

I hope that happens someday [emoji7]

To be 100% honest, no.

I think AHFOD will be a smaller MX and a bigger GS, something between these two. It will probably have a new style created by the band.

But I might be wrong.

That sounds awesome. [emoji2][emoji106]

Guest diogo_sg
I fear it will, in sound, resemble to Miracles and also Gone but not F. Cotton.

I think Gone But Not resembles early Coldplay tbh. I wouldn't mind AHFOD to be something like it.

I fear it will, in sound, resemble to Miracles and also Gone but not F. Cotton.

I hope more like gone but not F. Cotton, great song even though its not official. I think it will have a mix of 80's new wave and something else.

Guest diogo_sg
I hope more like gone but not F. Cotton, great song even though its not official. I think it will have a mix of 80's new wave and something else.

A Head Full Of Dreams song lyrics (chorus):

"I'm dreaming hiiiiiigh and low!

Hiiiiigh and low!"

A Head Full Of Dreams song lyrics (chorus):

"I'm dreaming hiiiiiigh and low!

Hiiiiigh and low!"

Yeah! Haha. I think they might go that direction since chris said that album was very important for the band.

Guest diogo_sg
Yeah! Haha. I think they might go that direction since chris said that album was very important for the band.

It would be fun to see that [emoji5]

Guest diogo_sg
VLVODAAHF could be their best album only if they put Lukas instead of Viva La Vida...

No Viva La Vida on VLVODAAHF?

g9wj8d.jpg

Guest diogo_sg
Absolutely yes, it's the worst song of the album by a mile....

You think so?!?!

It's a masterpiece imo!! A total change on their sound. Violins, bells... Fantastic!!

Guest diogo_sg
I agree, it's the weakest song on the album in my opinion. It's not as unique as the rest of the songs.

I'll ask you the same I asked beastwars:

You think so?!?!

It's a masterpiece imo!! A total change on their sound. Violins, bells... Fantastic!!

Viva la Vida is one of my favourite songs. Of course it is very far from the typical vintage Coldplay sound I love most, and Chris's vocals on it while technically faultless don't really shine out here compared to for example songs on AROBTTH or X&Y, but this brilliant, brilliant, brilliant melody, soaring instrumentation and vibe is something that you really need to come up with first !

@a2iel: i think the key to some coldplay songs is in the title...'death will never conquer','death and all his friends' e.t.c...here the keyword is 'death' so expect to be bored to death...

Death and All His Friends is one of my favorite from VLVoDaAHF... That stark piano melody which suddenly progresses to a climatic finish... my friend that is gorgeous. and I also love Midnight by the way. I guess it really depends on the genre that you want to listen and most especially, on what are your limitations when it comes to exploring other styles and influences.

I'll ask you the same I asked beastwars:

You think so?!?!

From the first time I heard it (that was when it leaked with other three songs before the release of the album still known as LP4) it was the only track I didn't like. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the album, too bombastic, too pompous, quite unoriginal and average, it was the first song where they took a wrong direction that led to MX, trying to have a bigger sound rather than focusing on perfectionism of the rest of their catalogue. Still has great lyrics, but it's the only good thing it has.

Being similar but waaaay different in terms of quality, Rainy Day would have been better, more balanced and inspired. Even Glass Of Water could be a great pick to replace Viva La Vida.

The best choice IMO should have been Lukas being a duet, it could have been an even bigger hit tha VLV without making them taking the wrong direction musically speaking on the forthcoming albums

Well, tastes vary ;) and for example for me, Rainy Day is the worst song to come out of the whole Era. I just can't stand it, the way he sings, the instrumentation, everything.

As for Ink, dunno, imho it's a bit bland, boring, has got lots of pointless and annoying dududududu dududududud's...like most of GS, really. But I dislike the entire album, and Ink does not stand out for a positive way to me (out of GS, I only like Fly On and Ghost Story).